Psychic vs Power of Suggestion

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
incenseNpepRmints

Psychic vs Power of Suggestion

Post by incenseNpepRmints »

Hello all,
I'm having a hard time discerning between some people's gifts and what's just the power of suggestion. After talking to a few people, I've found myself questioning how much is bunk and how much is real. Some of the things that have happened have made me question the validity of some of their abilities. As my fiancee says, "If one person can 'see' the flea circus, everyone sees it. It doesn't mean they're there." (He's supportive, but he's a skeptic).

I guess I'm just not in the mood to be taken for a ride.
illbehere

Re: Psychic vs Power of Suggestion

Post by illbehere »

what.. phsychic abilities and the power of suggestion are not the same. thats like saying they ask for ghosts to appear to them and talk.. its bullsh*t im sorry if i sound rude but there not in any way the same =/ and skeptics try to find fault in anything thats truth. they tend to go "is that reall a glass.. i doubt that could be really half full" theyre on the verge of beleiving but they wont jump over the fence. im sorry but no.. these are godddess and god given gifts.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

i think what she/he was talking about was that are people really psychic or just tricking themselves and others into thinking they are
illbehere

Post by illbehere »

so shes putting real psychics in the same boat as con artists. dont trust a person you have to pay to tell your future -.- i use tarot cards and i do it for people for free. most of the time im right, other times i AM right but it happens to another pperson i read cards for. only once, that was cause they both asked on the same day so i couldnt concentrate on one without the other popping up =/. just dont trust people u have to pay for ;3 theyre scamming you and most of their things wotn happen as they dont beleive in the cards, they beleive its just money for them =P
incenseNpepRmints

Post by incenseNpepRmints »

illbehere wrote:so shes putting real psychics in the same boat as con artists.
No I'm not. Symandinome hit the nail on the head. Sorta.:
Symandinome wrote:i think what she/he was talking about was that are people really psychic or just tricking themselves and others into thinking they are
In this case, I was talking about people I know and because of certain situations, I have questioned how much was them going "Did you feel that?" "Yes I felt that! There's a presence here!" "Yes that's what I felt!" etc. Hence why I mentioned the power of suggestion - I think that sometimes people are influenced by others to confirm they've seen/felt something (again, the specific situation I'm in).

I do believe in psychic ability - true ability. But I also believe that some people try really hard to have an "ability" they weren't meant to have/haven't tapped yet in order to "play along" with those who do have a gift.

I also read tarot cards and no, I don't believe in charging money for it either :)
illbehere wrote:and skeptics try to find fault in anything thats truth.
Everyone's truth is different, even a skeptic's. It's when someone can question our truth and it still stands that we know we're secure in ourselves and our beliefs. Plus, some questions may lead us to better answers.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

That was briliantly put incense GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”