Empaths

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
magus

Empaths

Post by magus »

Are that many people really empaths? Because I've heard different things and personally I thought they were pretty rare even though I'm one.

Thanks
Magus
You know they're all the same
You know you're doing better on your own so don't buy in
Live right now
Just be yourself
It doesn't matter if that's good enough for someone else
~Jimmy Eat World
FireQueen

Re: Empaths

Post by FireQueen »

Yeah, there really are a lot of people with empathic abilities to differing degrees. I'm so highly empathic it scares me sometimes. I'm also an empathic mirror (ie I reflect back what the other person is feeling) and that scares me even more!
No one in the world can alter truth. All we can do is seek it and live it.
magus

Post by magus »

Hmm, well I use to think they were rarer than that! Hahaha, oh well. I don't really know what "type" of empath I am. I didn't even know there were types.
Live right now
Just be yourself
~Jimmy Eat World
sylphaxiom

Post by sylphaxiom »

Meh, I suppose you could say that there are types but I don't believe so. I think that there are only varying degrees and strengths. Me myself, can sense people even through the iternet and texts and such. I can even "reach out" to someone and tell them things shot themselves even they didn't know or had been in denial about. Empaths are much more popular than you may think. Most people are just in denial about it. I used to be in denial as well when I was younger but that's because it was so powerful that I lost all sense of self and became a chameleon really. It's all about how you perceive the world around you and your own abilities that make all the difference. We, as empaths, are everywhere, we jay choose not to broadcast it because most people (yes even our own kind) will think we are crazy and will be afraid of us.
May the Gods be with you, and the hand of Fate be a gentle touch to guide you.
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

If your an empath you'll often be called 'over sensitive' or a 'sensitive' by others and this will probably be one of the first signs that you are an Empath.

Being an Empath develops over time. It is important to make time for yourself when your an empath, and learning how to ground and centre yourself is vital. Opening the Empath door means you need to be ready for the stream of emotions that will flow through. It can catch you unaware and you'll suddenly find you are laughing for no apparent reason or suddenly feel sad and emotional.

Being Empathic or developing it can be a great gift and can really help others, however it can be draining hence the need to make time to be yourself. Sometimes you can get so bogged down with other people's lives and feelings that you lose who you are. So please just bear that in mind as you develop :)
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
magus

Post by magus »

Thanks for the information, it's certainly appreciated. :D
Live right now
Just be yourself
~Jimmy Eat World
azuran

Post by azuran »

I am an empath as well as the rest of you here. I only know one other person who has told me they are as well. I find this power to be the most common, however, because I hear from friends about their empathic friends. Not the most reliable way to tell, but it works. Also, even my dad shows hints of empathy sometimes despite his powers being more focused into future and premoitions. I think most of the world are really empaths, admittedly or not.
EyeOfIsis

Post by EyeOfIsis »

You might find a high percentage of empaths on this site because, since we practice magick, we're more in tune with people's energies and energy in general. I'm an empath as well. I can't sense people's emotions over the internet, but I can from being around them extremely well. I've been experimenting with projecting emotions onto people, such as a calmness when someone is angry etc. It's working to some degree. I wish all of you luck on your psychic training :)
Netalula

Post by Netalula »

Well, I don't know whether I could call myself an empath, I mean, I can feel sometimes how other people might feel, and I can also tell by the expression on their face. I just think that I simply have the sensibility to be able to know when someone is hurt, but it might me more than that...
deepseakitten

Post by deepseakitten »

I am in utter shock after reading this thread. I I didn't know that there was a term for this. I feel like you just described me. SO WIERD!!!!!???? Im gonna read into it...
Tasariel

Post by Tasariel »

Well, I never even knew I was an empath until I found out what the term was, hahaha. After research, I realized what was going on with me, and I've been practicing at it since then. :P

I wasn't under the impression that it was rare, though. Just realizing that it sort of relates to being empathetic, which most humans are supposed to have in some sort of capacity for other humans, I think it makes sense that a lot of people would have a small amount of empathy. Just my opinion.
deepseakitten

Post by deepseakitten »

I agree with you on that.... It only makes sense... Just in my experience alone ( I lived/traveled/deployed all over the world and been around all types of people) that's not what I have seen. Sometimes, I find it to be a better idea to just stay quiet and keep it to myself after seeing how quick to judge and closed-minded a lot of people tend to be.
Tasariel

Post by Tasariel »

Lol, that's true. But a lot of times people act contrary to their nature. Quite often children will make fun of other children because everybody else is, or because they've been taught that something is taboo, while in private they'll have no real malice towards the child they're teasing.
Sometimes people just DON'T think.
Gabrielem

Post by Gabrielem »

Although I've known for some time, I am just now beginning to embrace my gifts. However the empathic ability that I hold is the one that I am most scared of and sometime impaired by. I feel what others feel, and when someone else's emotions are too strong it feels like I have no control over how I feel. I feel their emotion until they are out of my presence, and even after the feeling still lingers. It really drains me, which is why it scares me a little. But I have come to the conclusion that my power stems from the psychic energy birthed with me. All of my abilities are mainly psychically related (Premonitions (Awake and Dreaming), Clairvoyance, Astral Projection, Empathy). Where should I begin to improve upon each of these gifts, or will they grow together?

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”