Strengthening Empathy

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
riri205

Strengthening Empathy

Post by riri205 »

How can you strengthen your empathy? Maybe a meditation of some sort or learning others energy/auras? =]
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Hi there!

The best way to strengthen your empathic ability is to put yourself out there energetically and use it. It is like any other ability, it gets stronger with practice :) Try meditating and honing in on others that you are around and see what you pick up on. Good luck!
Niyela

Post by Niyela »

reikihealer83 wrote:Hi there!

The best way to strengthen your empathic ability is to put yourself out there energetically and use it. !
What did you mean by put yourself out there...whats an example of how to do that?
*Let your spirit guide you*
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Hi Niyela,

Basically I mean use the gift. Put your energy out to try and sense what others are feeling. Feel nature around you and the energy that people send out. It will help you to strengthen your gift.
Alina_Rose

Re: how can you strengthen your empathy?

Post by Alina_Rose »

ummm.... can someone tell me how to maybe get this empathy???? please?
Blessed Be
Niyela

Post by Niyela »

*Let your spirit guide you*
presentcharisma

Post by presentcharisma »

Acknowledging when It happens will raise your awareness of it
I AM
SouthernBelle

Post by SouthernBelle »

Alina_Rose wrote:ummm.... can someone tell me how to maybe get this empathy???? please?
it isn't something you get it's something you're born with empaths have the ability to sense the emotions of those around them (broadest definition) these emotions often effect their own they have to put a shield up just to walk outside and the second they make contact with anyone it's gone
Gabrielem

Post by Gabrielem »

Alina_Rose,

I don't think you can get the gift of empathy. I was born with my ability. And as far as strengthening your empathic ability I would advise you to strengthen your focus first, and learn how to put up a powerful shield before you try to strengthen your empathy.
Feather_Rainbow

Post by Feather_Rainbow »

Hi :wave:

I saw the topic of empathy and started reading it. I hope you don't mind me gatecrashing?! :wink:

I'm very intrigued (sp?). I was wondering if I may be empathetic. You guys can read below and feel free to give your opinions.

I've read that Empaths can sense the emotions of people around them.
I must admit the feelings I get aren't the best but if someone in the same office as me, or on the same train as me, is happy or sad I feel either happy or sad with them.
If someone on tv is in tears, or on the verge of crying, (this happened me tonight when I was watching a news report about a Belfast man who died and his organs were donated to a 4yr old boy in England. The mother of the Belfast man was almost crying) for some reason I end up in tears or on the verge of tears. Even at a funeral, when I didn't know the person that well, again because everyone around me is crying, I cry.
Again, if someone is elated, I want to jump for joy with them.

I'm not sure if this is reading peoples emotions or empathy. But if I am empathetic I think it is only a small bit.

Give your opinions please folks!

Love and peace!

Feather_Rainbow
Joe

Post by Joe »

Gabrielem wrote:Alina_Rose,

I don't think you can get the gift of empathy. I was born with my ability. And as far as strengthening your empathic ability I would advise you to strengthen your focus first, and learn how to put up a powerful shield before you try to strengthen your empathy.

I'm an empath, or well I've been told I have the "gift" ha big joke there. But anyways, how do i make a shield? And how do I focus when my thoughts are always running amok, I've tried meditation but It doesn't seem to work, any ideas?
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Feather Rainbow, what you are experiencing is what people commonly think of as empathy, so yes you're an empath. Welcome to the club, lol. :wave:

Joe, the type of shield I use is pretty basic. Just imagine a bubble of light/energy surrounding you (any color is fine, white is most commonly used). Assign this bubble the task of keeping out negative energy while allowing positive energy in. Also you want to allow your own natural energy to be able to escape when necessary, so imagine that it's doing that for you. Apparently just imagining that it's there is what creates it.

There are many reasons why your mind might be racing, so that's harder to answer. When I was younger, I had a very difficult time keeping my mind quiet for any length of time. My brain was just far too active.

There are audiofiles you can use for meditation that will synchronize your brainwaves so your mind is basically forced to go into an altered state of consciousness. That may be what you need to use until you've trained your brain to be able to relax on command (or you can simply keep using the audiofile forever.) They call this hemispheric synchronization or hemi-sync. It's also commonly referred to as binaural beats technology. If you want to try it you can PM me and I'll give you some audiofiles to use. You'll have to have headphones and an MP3 player. They make a binaural beats iPhone app too.

Other things to consider are how much sugar, caffeine, nicotine, and other stimulants you're ingesting. Those things will definitely make it more difficult to slow your thoughts down. Also, be sure you get plenty of sleep. You'd think being tired would help, and it occasionally does, but if you're running around all day without having had enough sleep then you're basically running on adrenaline (or thyroid or something like that), which can make you feel sped-up.

Or you could just be young so it's hard to quieten your mind.
Feather_Rainbow

Thank you Starwitch. For once I'm happy to be different smileydance
Feather_Rainbow

Re: Strengthening Empathy

Just a quick question StarWitch, and this may have been covered above, but I was wondering if you can strengthen your empathy, as I don't think mine feelings are that great. I must be honest though, I can feel the emotions of animals better tha n humans. My mum thinks I'm daft when I tell her our dog's tired or upset.
I read that you can use your energy to try and hone in on people and strengthen it that way, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Sorry for such a silly question

Feather_Rainbow
Feather_Rainbow

Re: Strengthening Empathy

http://www.empathguide.com/

I found this website. Is it a good definition of an empath?

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”