What's This Ability Called? It's Kind Of Creepy...

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Aura_Moonmist

What's This Ability Called? It's Kind Of Creepy...

Post by Aura_Moonmist »

Recently, I discovered that not only can I feel the energy of other living things, but I can practically suck the energy from them, or give some of mine. I don't know how to explain it properly, but back to the point. I also realized I can numb the pain of others using my own energy. I'm apparently so sensitive to energies nowadays that if I so much as touch the area where someone is hurting, I feel that pain in my hand. It's really annoying and if someone has any advice on how to help manage it that would be great. Thanks!
zenine

Post by zenine »

If you can detect and move energy around willfully it might be some form of psychic vampirism. It not the same as a vampire. Lol, you're not a vampire. I just mean someone who can manipulate life energy. If it is that then who says you can't use that for good? I mean it doesn't sound like you're claiming everybody's energy for yourself. You said you sometimes give them some of yours. And you did that without being told! Which is good. And anyway this is just one persons opinion. If someone wants to correct me or offer up something else that's fine too.

Sometimes having a 'gift' can feel like more of a curse. I mean who wants to know all these awful things are gonna happen before they do, and deal with angry ghost (in the case of psychics anyway) for example. I see it more as "ignorance is bliss" AND "wisdom is power". Whichever path, out of those two, that you decide to (or are inclined to) follow is up to the individual, aka you :)
To see the world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower. To hold infinity in the palm of your hand, An eternity in an hour.
(William Blake)
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Post by Release.the.bats »

Sounds like you should dabble in healing.
Scorched4life

Post by Scorched4life »

yeah.. psychic vampirism is a NEED for energy though. So keep that in mind. ^.^
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Not really.
Anyone can become a psychic vampire, you can reduce the intake of other peoples energy with different foods and taking energy from things like the sky instead of other people.
Everyone intakes of energy and we are made up of energy.
Sometimes you can break the habit of taking other peoples energy too.
There are plenty of ways to do it.
Especially since they won't die without energy.
Aura_Moonmist

Post by Aura_Moonmist »

Thanks everyone. I'm also an empath so I'm working on my abilities in that field, also. I plan on trying to actually influence the emotions of others close to me, which I wouldn't dare abuse if I accomplish it, might I add. LOL I would use it for stress relief mostly.

As form the form of psychic vampirism, it would make sense. But, then again, I don't know, considering I don't need the energy of others to function properly. It's weird. When I tested this out on my brother (who was willing to participate), he complained of feeling cold and tired, while I was alert and feeling awesome. I found that I can give my own energy when I tried to reverse it to see if it would work.

And zenine, I'm definitely going to use my abilities to help people. I plan on getting a degree in herbalism (simply because I find it interesting). But anywhoo, I'm siding with "Wisdom is power". I don't really have a choice in seeing ghosts and spirits. They're just there. LOL I have no clue on how to "turn off" the empathy or ghost seeing.
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

You can't turn it off.
All you can do is shield and become stronger.
Scorched4life

Post by Scorched4life »

Release.the.bats wrote:Not really.
Anyone can become a psychic vampire, you can reduce the intake of other peoples energy with different foods and taking energy from things like the sky instead of other people.
That would be energy manipulation then as the correct term. Not psychic vampirism. Psychic vampirism is only a need for the energy because we need it to survive. Energy manipulation anyone can do.
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Anyone can and does become a psychic vampire.
You can leech from people using energy manipulation, how do you think "psychic vampires" do it?
Also, you don't need it to survive, it isn't the blood in your veins or the physical organs in your body.
You might get sick or really tired.
but you wouldn't die, sorry.
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Scorched4life wrote:
Release.the.bats wrote:Not really.
That would be energy manipulation then as the correct term. Not psychic vampirism. Psychic vampirism is only a need for the energy because we need it to survive. Energy manipulation anyone can do.
How do you think the whole concept for psychic vampires "absorbing" energy came from?
From people who were extremely sick, it is a natural reaction of the body during a terminal illness.
Are they psychic vampires, by definition yes they absorb energy into themselves because they don't have enough.

This is how people discovered that "psychic vampires" had holes in their aura that caused them to absorb energy unknowingly.
I can absorb energy and sometimes when i'm really depressed I "absorb" energy from people around me.
I commonly have people tell me they get sleepy, feel sick, or feel "prickly sensations".
I'm completely unaware of this until they tell me.
Just like any "psychic vampire" that comes along.
People can and do learn how to become psychic vampires whether voluntary or involuntary.
Just because it has happened to you from birth or what have you, doesn't necessarily make you any different than any one else who becomes one involuntary for whatever reasons.
It really isn't that 'special' and i'm not meaning this to be a b*tch.
Scorched4life

Post by Scorched4life »

How do you think the whole concept for psychic vampires "absorbing" energy came from?
From people who were extremely sick, it is a natural reaction of the body during a terminal illness.
Are they psychic vampires, by definition yes they absorb energy into themselves because they don't have enough.
The difference in this statement is that not all of psychic vampires view it as a sickness. There are multiple reasons that someone has been born or became a psychic vampire as well as a sang or hybrid. Most of which usually involves psionics or magick to an extent. While other people think it is just an aspect of the brain, where the person cannot gain enough energy to sustain a normal thought process and day to day activities become dull.
Anyone can and does become a psychic vampire.
You can leech from people using energy manipulation, how do you think "psychic vampires" do it?
Also, you don't need it to survive, it isn't the blood in your veins or the physical organs in your body.
You might get sick or really tired.
but you wouldn't die, sorry.
To answer you..trying not to be too blunt x.x sorry. no you wouldnt die from not having energy or blood, but you would need some form of energy to make it through the day or eventually over time you would become as useless as Lil Wayne or a rag doll.
This is how people discovered that "psychic vampires" had holes in their aura that caused them to absorb energy unknowingly.
I can absorb energy and sometimes when i'm really depressed I "absorb" energy from people around me
I commonly have people tell me they get sleepy, feel sick, or feel "prickly sensations".
I'm completely unaware of this until they tell me.
Just like any "psychic vampire" that comes along.
People can and do learn how to become psychic vampires whether voluntary or involuntary.
Just because it has happened to you from birth or what have you, doesn't necessarily make you any different than any one else who becomes one involuntary for whatever reasons.
1- Psychic vampires are 99.9% of the time born, at least from what Ive read and researched. Lets say I chose to become a donor, so does that make me a psychic vampire? no, but it does mean I go through temporary states of vampirism.

2- Yes people can learn to become psychic vampires, but that does not make them one. The general definition of a psychic vampire is someone who has had severe damage to an area of their subtle body that is non repairable. Think of it like this - If I were to stab you in 1 lung, would the other work properly? No. You need to find something to fill the void. Which is why there is prana all around us, as well as psi, and blood. The difference between someone who became one and someone who is born one is this - The one who became one usually isnt a psyvamp unless it was through some form of ritual or an attack. There arent many attacks that I know of that can make someone a psychic vampire in the lower circle of magick and psionics anyways. Unless someone was a complete idiot and messed around with things they shouldnt have o.o lol

3- I completely disagree for the most part, but Im not one to agree with most concepts of people claiming that someone can simply bring a new form of living upon themselves without a lot of intent and practice. There also isnt many people out there who would want to become a psychic vampire, because it entails that you need a constant energy flow to survive, or without it you again like Ive said before would become a drone. =/

Don't take any offense, i just want to have a discussion about it. i like your opinion very much and respect it.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

or eventually over time you would become as useless as Lil Wayne
Damn thats pretty useless! LOL
zenine

Post by zenine »

A vampire of any kind is someone who needs the energy of others to fill a void because of physical psychological damage, sure, but people that manipulate energy, for magic or other reasons, use the same techniques for gathering life force as the psyvamp.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower. To hold infinity in the palm of your hand, An eternity in an hour.
(William Blake)
Scorched4life

Post by Scorched4life »

zenine wrote:A vampire of any kind is someone who needs the energy of others to fill a void because of physical psychological damage, sure, but people that manipulate energy, for magic or other reasons, use the same techniques for gathering life force as the psyvamp.
Yeah for the most part. =]
I also find that trance music helps me with a lot of it O.o kinda odd. lol

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”