HELP! HELP! HELP!...TOO MANY FEELINGS

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
ImperfectAngel

HELP! HELP! HELP!...TOO MANY FEELINGS

Post by ImperfectAngel »

Resently , thanks to this forum, I found a word for what I am going through...I am an empath. My biggest problem , as i am sure with most empaths is distingishing my feeling from others. I have been working on basic shielding and it works sometimes but not always. I have tried every idea and open to all ideas to help, but it's like my shield works except with extremely strong emotions. ( the ones I really need to shield) I have tried to "adjust " my shield to block everyone's emotions, and even tried "adjusting" to dull the emotions with no luck.

I work in a hospital and it is causing big problems at work.....everyone's emotions are driving me crazy! I try to block everyone's emtions but it doesn't work....

I tend wear my emotions on my sleeve so everyone can see what I am feeling and then it gets mistaken as my feelings. I am working on not showing the emotions I feel, but It is getting me into a bit of trouble...like one patient was extremly upset with the hospital and that emotion of rage overcame me. It must have shown on my face because the patient complained to my boss that I had an "attitude" with her I was wrote up. When my boss asked I could not reply that I was feeling the patient's emotions, so I had to think of something else.

Also, I also am able to with one look "feel" major events in people's lives and I can tell what they have been through. I can see good, and evil (the duelity in people) in them, and tell which one is stronger.....unfortunatly the negative things such as rapes( most of the time I can tell if they have been), evil thoughts, murders (either they have commited or have lost someone) come through more than good. However latley I have noticed that when I touch people, who I am feeling strong emotions from, I see these things now...it's almost like a 2 scond flash of their life. But it becomes confusing and I feel like it's me until that person has moved away from me (unless it's extremely strong then they or I have to move from the buliding...can anyone help with this?

Is this normal?
Can anyone help?

Sorry for the long post
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Hi there,

This is very common with empaths in the health field because the energy is always swirling around them. Keep up the shielding as you are doing but I would also reccomend wearing a quartz crystal to absorb some of the energy that you are feeling or carry one with you. You may also want to carry a hemitite (sp?) stone with you to keep you grounded. I hope this helps a bit. :)
Wyndancer

Post by Wyndancer »

If you believe it, you can ask for help from a totem, spirit guide, angel, or patron Deity to help shield you when you are at work, this works beautifully, they can even give you more advice on how to more detached yourself so your emotional body does not become overwhelmed with your budding awareness. :D Pay attention to your dreams if you ask for help, someone or something might be waiting to be acknowledged by you. :D Rose quarts is great with healing love energy, purple/green fluorite it great for neutralizing negative energy. I even have some by my computer. :D .Cleansing yourself after work is also essential for keeping yourself clear. A bath or smudging. What ever tickles your fancy :D ~ A fellow empathic dreamer.
shadowwolf

Post by shadowwolf »

im not sure if this will help but ive just come to the conclusion that im a empath as well its been about 5 months and i still cant control it perfectly but what helps me is talking to my familiars and power animal plus shielding helps alot but again that will take practice so over time is should get better just dont get discouraged. also remember to stay grounded..
Dragony

Post by Dragony »

as being a strong emotional empath myself in my experience i have always been able to ignore them very well i can see one of your problems right now you have to learn when its ok to be open and when to be closed and the best way to control that is through a lot of meditation if you dont mind me asking what are your mediation habits like do you protect yourself with any elements when you are meditating?
RAWRwiccan

Post by RAWRwiccan »

I recently found out im a empath what is it? and how do i control it?
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

RAWRwiccan wrote:I recently found out im a empath what is it? and how do i control it?
Empaths are people who can sense or feel the emotions, or physical ailments of others. It is a wonderful gift.

The best way to control it is to ground and center yourself each day. You can also control it by using it frequently. One important thing to remember as an empath is that the control comes with time. Start with grounding and go from there. I hope this helps!

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”