Psychometry Tips?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
raynelae

Psychometry Tips?

Post by raynelae »

I'm interested in practicing psychometry and was wondering if anyone has some advice for me.
Thank you! Bright blessings :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
p3nathan

Re: Psychometry Tips?

Post by p3nathan »

I find it helps to meditate beforehand, try to clear your mind as much as you can. See if you can borrow a few objects from people or use something that has perhaps been given to you from a while back...then you can ask them about it accurate to see if your visions/senses have any meaning. Sit with it, close your eyes, feel it in your hands and let the essence of the object wash over you: how it feels, smells etc. Then just see if anything pops into your mind.

I find with any psychic ability, clearing your mind is half the battle. So regular meditation is greatly beneficial when doing these sorts of things :)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hey Ray...this is one sense I haven't honed well at all. I had a real bad experience at a natural history museum in L.A. once, and I haven't really opened my self up to it much since then. What happened is ...there was this mirror from the Aztec or Mayan culture I don't remember now, the reflective part was made up of lots of broken bits of shell (as I recall) The piece grabbed up my attention right away. I stood there transfixed or something and went into a deep skrying trance. I began to see blood and hear people screaming and screeching for their lives, horrible whaling and sense of desperation.

I couldn't snap out of it...the friend I was with, sensed my dilemma and said "common we gotta get out of here" I had absorbed all the pain it was associated with and I found myself crying and breathless, my heart rate was a million miles a second...we went outside and I sat on the ground...got something to eat a drink,...that helped. But it scared the holy you know what out of me and I have tried to stay away from that sort of thing nowadays. I think some sort of personal protection should be in place before you go opening yourself up to unknown energy...I didn't think of that when I started skrying on the piece. Just my 2 cents.

So maybe someone who has more info on this will be of more help
Blessings on your endeavor Ray, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Thank you both! Yes, Firebird, it sort of scares me because I tend to pick up on emotions/negative energy and let them bother me. I shield daily, however, and that does help some. Now for an update...I went to a friend's house and asked her if I could practice my psychometry. She gave me a necklace she always wears. I held it in my hand and just knew (I can't explain it...it was just a knowing.) that it symbolized her dedication to the military. Mind you, she had never discussed with me why she wore the necklace until then. I was so accurate I almost scared her lol.
Bright blessings!
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
earth_love

Post by earth_love »

@firebirdflys, I seriously got chills reading your post! Aggh! I read something online, it was a similar story. An antique mirror from a house that had a fire & 1 person sadly died in that fire. New owner of mirror had nightmares of fire & screams. Your story blows me away. I love museums & no wonder I felt very strange looking at some ancient objects. I never even realized, until now. firebirdflys, was it also a mosaic, it sounds like in your description? The shells were the "mirror?" Anyways, I'm glad u were okay. What u saw was terrifying, I'm sure!
earth_love

Post by earth_love »

@raynelae..That's really amazing, with your friend's necklace. Do u get 1 quick, short point, like "military" or do u feel a lot of different things, when u hold item?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yes It was chips of something reflective in moasic type application, maybe even mica... just remember feeling so horrified.
Another museum piece smacked me with emotion was a traveling Smithsonian tour, in this collection was Abraham Lincoln's top hat, but that's not what got me, there behind a glass case was a leather shirt from the Ghost Dance, it was a pale beige with blue stars as I recall, the feeling of utter sadness and despair smacked me like a freight train, I burst into tears and had to excuse myself, (I was a chaperone for my daughters field trip, that was embarrassing). I think because I tend to shield more regularly now might be why I'm less affected anymore. But just thinking of that shirt got me emotional right now, so it may be more of I knew what it was associated with, the mirror had no details like the terror I felt and saw in it's description, it was just a mirror.
Bb
Ps, sure hope Ray comes back some day.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Coven

Post by Coven »

raynelae wrote: Fri May 24, 2013 12:21 pm I'm interested in practicing psychometry and was wondering if anyone has some advice for me.
Thank you! Bright blessings :)
I don't have any advice ~ it just happens for me ~ i just think in my head that I'm going to do psychometry on this object and it always works.

I used to pull on a palm tree leaf everyday when I went out of my apartment and then one day I didn't feel like reading my oracle cards ~ so I just did psychometry on the whole deck ~ and I got a very clear message from the palm tree
:-|

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”