Questions about spirit guides

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
ThunderFog

Questions about spirit guides

Post by ThunderFog »

So does everyone have a spirit guide and/or guardian angel and if so where do they come from like I find it hard to believe there's just a spirit that's devoted all of its time to tell me not to do stupid things?
The ability to question our way of thinking is what shows our intelligence.
barker

Re: Questions about spirit guides

Post by barker »

I believe spirit is born of lost hope - the soul stays on and breathes, experiences love again and realises the truth. Spirit can be conferred socially (not economically) and stays permanently respectful, by it's own. This is why they say "prayer works through people."
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I've copied this from Wikipedia - A spirit guide, in western spiritualism, is an entity that remains as a disincarnate spirit to act as a guide or protector to a living incarnated human being. According to theosophical doctrine, spirit guides are not always of human descent. Some spirit guides live as energy, in the cosmic realm, or as light beings, which are very high level spirit guides. Some spirit guides are persons who have lived many former lifetimes, paid their karmic debts, and advanced beyond a need to reincarnate. Many devotees believe that spirit guides are chosen on "the other side" by human beings who are about to incarnate and wish assistance.

That last sentence would describe what I accept is my present life situation in which my guide was my spouse in a long ago incarnation. Spiritism is a funky off shoot of theosophy, but a guide is like a guardian angel to a Xian.

I'm pretty much convinced of his reality. I've heard him since I was a tiny brat; if i had listened to his warning I wouldn't have had to go to ER at age 3 to have my stomach pumped; so at age 4 when I'd heard his voice tell me not to eat a mayapple that would've sent me to the hospital - again - I wised up. At 6 I felt myself pulled back by the seat of my pants when I started skidding off some big rock at Lk Superior (if the fall didn't kill me I'd probably have drowned) & the nearest people were 8 feet from me; at 15 I'd felt hands clamp on either side of my head to hold me still when a projectile hit the bridge of my nose, saving my eyes. At 16 his voice instructed me out of the grip of an under tow that was dragging me along the stoney bottom of Lk Huron. Fast forward to adulthood - I again heard his voice encouraging me when I might've panicked and I'd felt strong hands catch & support my neck when i fell backwards down a flight of stairs, preventing a broken neck; I felt my snow-bound car being pushed when nobody was there; I've heard driving directions when I got lost in the outback trails of Idaho; seen a warning arm in mid-air point out a steep gap that would've sent me over a cliff at Swan Falls, Idaho, etc. so on & so forth. I've run him ragged. Picture a guardian in splints & bandages & you'd have the right idea.

What forms people's guides/assistance might take is up to them, the "laws" that govern these things & the circumstances of their incarnation. I know I take an awful lot for granted. I've been told that some assignments are short-term for a special task, and other are "life sentences" :roll: .
ThunderFog

Post by ThunderFog »

So then it wouldn't be too uncommon for someone to not have a guide of some sort?
The ability to question our way of thinking is what shows our intelligence.
barker

Post by barker »

My guides are for my role in the universe - I think they all work this way.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

ThunderFog wrote:So then it wouldn't be too uncommon for someone to not have a guide of some sort?
On the contrary it would be extremely unlikely.

What forms people's guides/assistance might take is up to them, the "laws" that govern these things & the circumstances of their incarnation.
barker

Post by barker »

SpiritTalker wrote:
ThunderFog wrote:So then it wouldn't be too uncommon for someone to not have a guide of some sort?
On the contrary it would be extremely unlikely.

What forms people's guides/assistance might take is up to them, the "laws" that govern these things & the circumstances of their incarnation.
Yes, always laws, always recourse also.

The false guide is called the devil... it's for damnation... to me that signifies that everybody else does have real guidance.
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

I read a post by Snowcat on here once that was super helpful to me.
I didn't understand it at the time, but the short of it was that she believes certain spirits can stay with you and choose to help you.
At the same time she could tell when a spirit that was watching over her had moved on and chosen to do something else or move on to it's next phase.
I hadn't considered that but had read pretty much the same thing but hadn't before connected the context of those ideas to how it affects us in life.

And then I experienced it myself. My brother died and for a time, like a year or so, he was around. He was helping me. He was putting forth effort on my behalf and on others behalf.
When his spirit moved on, I felt it. I noticed it. It was like losing him a second time but it was less immediately painful and more of a gap. Like if you are missing a sock. You'll notice the lack of one sock but it doesn't stop you from walking.

I can't give technical explanations of course. I would love to be able to but really this is just anecdotal. I felt it and I can't explain it in a way that others can feel. Those who have felt it, know how it feels and can commiserate, to those who haven't felt it...it's going to sound like gibberish.
I wouldn't expect anyone to just "trust me" so I won't be offended if you want to ask questions and pick apart my experience. I'll be happy to detail anything I can.
birublackzoey

Post by birublackzoey »

I didn't really have a guide, more like intuition and synchronicities/directions outlined for me. It has been pretty much asking outwards and getting answers/responses in this way. Sometimes even without asking. Several openings and shifts later, I do have more of a deeper intuition, which was highlighted to be Higher Self guiding. The pathway and connection is much stronger, so it is very natural, and I am pretty much aware that it is a good source.

however, my grandmother had a spiritual guide. it (though we identified it as male) appeared to her while in prayer in her late 20s, when she was going through some turmoil in her life, relating to her children and family. he identified himself with a prayer greeting on her right side, even though there was noone else in the vicinity, and the prayer space was also segregated by gender, so it was impossible to have a male enter the space.

we all know of her guide, and benefited over the years from the help and guidance relating to family, health, etc. it usually contacted through dreams and while she is in deep meditative prayer. few years before her passing, she made a conscious decision of separating from her guide, as her earthly concerns are diminishing in her poor health. and indeed, she understood that the guide was for her mostly to navigate her young life, whilst grateful for it, she also learnt not to be dependent on it.

but from it, she had a deep understanding of the beyond and never really feared death or leaving this realm. 2 weeks before her passing, she bid most of us farewell, or made her final arrangements. i suppose that was her final aid from her guide.

one criteria that she claimed for a true guide is that it must approach you and not vice versa. this is one of the true test of its intention, as many go searching for spiritual help from the wrong entities. she claims that often if asking for help from an elemental or undivine entity, the underlining agreement is that "it is you that seeked me out, i did not seek you out", ergo, there is an unspoken term of owing it a debt or favour, which can be tricky or dangerous.

my own experience, is that i am always doubtful of spirit guides, and prefer to find my own way by resolving my intention, seeking clarifications within and connecting to the divine or higher self directly for direction and assistance. there was a time also at the beginning of my spiritual journey where i was approached by a figure, and had access through dreams, but i pretty much shut it out and mentally closed this channel out of intuitive fear. since then, the signs and contacts have been made in my waking life instead, which can be even more jarring, but i find to be more direct and honest/cleaner way of getting a response or answer, than through dreams and divinations.

hope that helps.
birublackzoey

Post by birublackzoey »

HopefulChild wrote:I read a post by Snowcat on here once that was super helpful to me.
I didn't understand it at the time, but the short of it was that she believes certain spirits can stay with you and choose to help you.
At the same time she could tell when a spirit that was watching over her had moved on and chosen to do something else or move on to it's next phase.
I hadn't considered that but had read pretty much the same thing but hadn't before connected the context of those ideas to how it affects us in life.

And then I experienced it myself. My brother died and for a time, like a year or so, he was around. He was helping me. He was putting forth effort on my behalf and on others behalf.
When his spirit moved on, I felt it. I noticed it. It was like losing him a second time but it was less immediately painful and more of a gap. Like if you are missing a sock. You'll notice the lack of one sock but it doesn't stop you from walking.

I can't give technical explanations of course. I would love to be able to but really this is just anecdotal. I felt it and I can't explain it in a way that others can feel. Those who have felt it, know how it feels and can commiserate, to those who haven't felt it...it's going to sound like gibberish.
I wouldn't expect anyone to just "trust me" so I won't be offended if you want to ask questions and pick apart my experience. I'll be happy to detail anything I can.
One thing i have learnt is that we might have lost the deceased, but the deceased has not lost us. in the immediate death, the individual lingers residually, for some this is the Astral plane. in this state, there is no more taste or touch, but as this world is closely linked to the physical world, the individual still feels emotion greatly. the mourning we have for the individual can delay their passing on, or for some unfortunate cases, trap them from moving on as they feel our emotions many times greater than we do.

For some, it is an added effort to resolve and help the living move on before they can! Indeed it is hard to move on when our loved ones are still in pain or carrying a part of us in their memory, as a remembrance of pain.

Eventually, as the individual is able to, he or she will shed more of its weight and move beyond the astral plane, to the next and the next. Sometimes, when the emotional body is strong, the individual can leave behind a shade or shell, which has some elemental intelligence of its owner, but beyond this, it will not seek out anyone anymore. this is also the shell, that is often revitalised or taken over by entities, wearing a false face.

one of the reasons why, i personally, try to mourn peacefully and let go of departed relatives, for they have to continue their journey beyond. anything that claims to be a dearly departed, especially after some time has passed is to be taken with some care and suspicion.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Absolutely. My parents moved on when they felt assured we kids (grown adults) could get along because they taught us to.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

As we become a seeker of Aetherial knowledge our presence becomes like a scintillating diamond in the heavens attracting the attention of evolved beings, Spirit Guide, Watcher, God, Goddess who may be willing to mentor us.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
barker

Post by barker »

death = intelligence

a fake death bears no such thing... your loved ones are indeed aware.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

barker wrote:death = intelligence
We have a saying in one of my groups, you enter the circle in perfect love and trust, and you enter the realm of the dead in perfect knowledge.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”