tips for speaking with spirit guide

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
nightshroud

tips for speaking with spirit guide

Post by nightshroud »

okay I would like to know what are the best ways to speak with my spirit guide
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.
Ashrend

Re: tips for speaking with spirit guide

Post by Ashrend »

I can only offer what I experienced and did as my path has been almost entirely hypothetical and experimentation. For the most part it was about being open to the experiences, setting the mood by lighting candles and inscence and letting your mind unwind into other realms of possibility. I found my guides quite quickly and easily just by inviting any and all beings into my home that did not wish me harm. Since then I have worked the create stronger bonds with these guides and grow as a person and a witch.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Ashrend certainly has the idea IMO. One thing i'd add is to be available at a set day/time for a set amount of time, on a regular basis. That way you establish that perceptions within that time frame are relevant &'not random.

You can assume a spirit guide is there. What these efforts do is train YOU to recognize the spirit's presence.

- Use any method to relax that you already know works for you. There's no need to re-invent the wheel. If you drum, do so. If you listen to music, do so. if you exercise, etc., etc. Maybe you do well going for a walk rather than sitting alone. Use what you know.
- establish a routine you can reasonably meet; set & keep an appointment when you will be available.
- Set the stage, create atmosphere. Be comfortable. Have pen & paper beside you.
- Center and then extend an invitation, either out loud or by projected thought.
- Ask for a recognition signal or name that the guide will always use to identify themself.
- Invite your guide to also enter your dreams just before you fall asleep each night. Keep a pen & paper by your bed.
- be open to synchronistic events during daily routine.

Other ways:

- designate a card deck for use by the specific guide & don't use it for anything else
- use a pendulum
- roll dice (odd/even) or flip a coin (heads/tails) for yes-no replies
- ouija board with proper opening and closing steps; yes you can work the board alone.
- Scrabble tiles or any item with alphabet letters dedicated for use by your guide for text messaging; draw them out of a bag like runes or dump them all at once & read the ones that land face up
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

And another method:

Another safe method is building your astral safe-place, a sacred space in the etherial realm. Picture it in any way you want to imagine it. We can create an astral circle. Dont over complicate it. Then meditate and go there to broadcast the message. Work from that safe space. You know it by that deep belly feeling at the navel. To broadcast a message just start talking in your head. it'll go.

It doesn't take long to build an astral sacred place. Just meditate and imagine it, then revisit the same imagined place for enough visits that it is easier and easier to picture. Once you've built your astral safe place you always have what you need on hand like Mary Poppins's carpet bag. Metaphysically a descending stairway or going down hill approach signals entering the underworld (which is what you use to contact spirits) and an ascending up-climbing approach signifies entering the over world to the soul-self & gods. After a few visits these places take on a life of their own and are always available. Use the same approach and exit.
nightshroud

Post by nightshroud »

okay thank you spirit
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”