Spirit Guide Dream Advice?

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
Oddball

Spirit Guide Dream Advice?

Post by Oddball »

So I had a dream, and once again, I'm not sure if it's just brain ramblings, or perhaps an actual vision. Heard a male voice say, "One of these creatures will be your spirit guide" or something to that effect. I was looking a brilliant blue-yellow sky, slowing fading into dusk. I slowly start to look down, and I see the reflection of water rippling against the sky, and a grey shadowy creature - of course, I can't make out this one. But the other creatures I can see. As I continue to look down, I see branches and vines twisted together. There are a few colorful parrots, screeching for my attention. There are two charming little hummingbirds, one of whom darts in front of my eye, only to hover away (maybe I bored him). And finally, two iridescent butterflies, blue and dark gold, who flutter to a stop before me. The sky grows darker, the air grows colder, and I wake up.

Now. I'm a little uncertain about spirit guides. Part of me wants one out of curiosity (yep, the whole "COOL! A SPIRIT GUIDE!" thing), and frankly? I could use some guidance right now, especially with my family and my life path. On the other hand, the idea of someone/something constantly watching me scares me. I'm nervous about making offerings; it feels weird. It also feels disrespectful if I don't. And I've done a meditation before (not sure if I did it correctly) where I thought I saw a spirit guide - a baby tapir. Again, don't know if that was brain ramblings, or an actual vision. This dream just makes me even more curious. How do you know what's real and what isn't?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Spirit Guide Dream Advice?

Post by SnowCat »

A lot of it is trusting your instincts. I can't say what is real or not real for you, because I'm not you. My spirit guide experiences in dreams usually have a quality of more reality than a normal dream. The screeching parrots make me think that something or someone has been trying to get your attention, and is yelling at you now, because you haven't heard or haven't listened. I know screeching parrots would get my attention. The hummingbird reminds me of Lassie trying to lead someone somewhere, and the butterfly could represent a metamorphosis that you're in the process of completing.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Spirit Guide Dream Advice?

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm sure my guide would die of boredom if he had to watch me 24/7. & Im sure he has better things to do, and does them, but is quite able to show up in an instant when needed. We most often meet in the astral realm.

As far as offerings, I've never made anything fancy for him. He's welcome to anything I have. He's pretty easy. I include him in my prayers which he seems to appreciate the most. One of the few incense aromas i can tolerate, a coffee scent, is for him. I think of him as a good friend.

As to what's real...your dream was quite direct, with a clear statement you couldn't miss. Seemed like your meditation was less well described, so was it possibly vague? Which makes the most sense to you and has the most meaning?

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”