How and when to speak to your spirit guide and nature

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
Ashrend

How and when to speak to your spirit guide and nature

Post by Ashrend »

I want to speak to my spirit guide, and I want to be able to commune with the trees and plants. How do I start to do this? I don't expect an instant and easy spell or ritual. I expect it to be hard even if its just to open my mind enough to be able to talk with the spirits and nature.

devon
Heartsong

Re: How and when to speak to your spirit guide and nature

Post by Heartsong »

I've never met a spirit guide myself (although I haven't exactly looked for one either) but I have communicated with nature spirits before. Mostly that was just allowing myself to meditate and open myself up for that communication. It didn't always work, since spirits have to want to speak with you as much as you want to speak with them, but I have had some amazing experiences doing so. I floated in a lake in the mountains once and astral-ly rode on the back of a water spirit that lived there. It's something I hope I never forget.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I have always just greeted them. Sometimes they respond, and sometimes not. I would be careful about being too open to begin with. They will be cautious about you as well. Just relax and be cordial.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

Ok thank you

devon
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I would use center-breathing, and from within your center you connect by holding the thought and a desire to do so. As you feel the desire, ask for your SG to make their presence known.

Do this in daily meditation for a few minutes. Your guide will participate and gradually you will recognize the feeling of that particular presence, just like you recognize anybody else. You train yourself to recognize the feeling.

When I was learning to hear my guide's voice he would make the sound of a tinkling bell as a sign, just before he'd make a comment. So like Pavlov's dogs, when I heard the bell I'd focus (the thousand and one uses of centering) and listen. I'd often hear the bell in my sleep or dreams. Your guide can suggest their own sign...sound, smell, color, bird...whatever suits their fancy.

Like the others have said, open yourself, be cordial and just relax. They don't bite.
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

Thats great peeps thank you, i will try this tonight x

devon

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”