I don't know if or when my spirit guide is present

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
gentlelamb

I don't know if or when my spirit guide is present

Post by gentlelamb »

I really just need to talk to someone about this and have them confirm or deny if I even actually do have the spirit guide I think I do. If anyone is good at reading energys and thinks they could help communicate with my spirit guide for me so I can ask a few questions I'd really appreciate it
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: I don't know if or when my spirit guide is present

Post by SpiritTalker »

Gentle lamb, what do you do now to become aware of your guide? How often? What has worked or not worked so far?
gentlelamb

Post by gentlelamb »

Meh, I usually meditate or just kinda talk to her in my head to try and get her attention. Sometimes it works but not as much as I'd like.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Goodness...why make it so hard?! Just talk out loud and let your spidey senses tell you. Center, of course so you tune in to the senses. Oops, that's what you mean by talk in your head. (head smack)
Ask for more in depth responses through dreams.

Edit...she's the selkie, right?

Does Shelby mean anything to you?
gentlelamb

Post by gentlelamb »

Yeah see I'm not entirely sure she's a selkie, I think she might be a Slyph. And not particularly why?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Last night I asked my guide to see if he could find out anything. I sat with it a while, but I really didn't get anything useful. I kept seeing a single, blue eye, and nothing I can interpret. Shape shifter, non-tangible, precosciously loving. Nothing I could identify as to a what or a who.

I asked how was this "field of energy" a guide for you in this life experience and felt (everything was by feeling) that anything dealing with the other world is it's forte. It is also there to prevent you from retreating into the other realm, and coaxes you back to terra firma.

I repeatedly asked that this guide find meaningful ways to commune with you. It was like talking to a bouncing ball of furry light and hard to pin down.

Name? Hahaha. If I wanted a name it gave me about 50 random sounds. Crea-crea-crea... Names are irrelevant. Edit: oh, and as I came back to myself I said "Shelby" out loud.

So...I don't know I even was in the ball park or just imagining nonsense.
gentlelamb

Post by gentlelamb »

Can you pm me? I have further questions, like what do you mean by retreating? And where did you get the name Shelby from?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Sure-just did.
gentlelamb

Post by gentlelamb »

I didn't get your message and it won't let me message you. Did you see anything other than a blue eye? Purple hair in a braid? And I know now that my guide is a selkie. Also did the name Zoey come up at all? And by retreating to the other realm do you mean that I'm originally from another realm?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Let me check the message. Maybe it's just sitting there.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Well, not wishing to exclude anyone, maybe others here would share how you recognize your guide, guardian spirit, or what have you, and how you communicate?

For myself, I find telepathy to be a blessing. To start working with my guide, first I had to realize that this was possibly the explanation for the wee small voice that popped up into my thoughts from time to time. The voice has always been there. As a kid, it warned me not to eat a may apple fruit when the other kids dared me to. There have been quite a few similar experiences. So I could at least BELIEVE. I found out my guide's name with a Ouiji Board.

There must be other ways that other people here on the Forum have used. One that comes to mind is using Storey Cubes, which are dice with pictures and letters. Even Scrabble letter tiles could work.

I know, for myself, if I want a two way chat with my guide, it isn't going to be full sentences, but in brief blocks of thoughts or a few crisp words. I must center. Can't go without it. It takes daily, regular practice with a lot of fails. So mind-to-mind may not be everybody's cuppa tea.

Guides also speak to us through symbolism, little signs and private synchronicity. We have to be willing to play along and learn to read the signs they give us.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I usually get communication in dreams, or with feelings of needing to do a certain thing, that usually doesn't make a lot of sense. But I listen to the feelings. It's most often something like take a different route to work. I drive a lot for my job, so that one is quite useful.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
gentlelamb

Post by gentlelamb »

I'm unable to identify when my guide is trying to communicate with me. Due to recent developments in not even sure who my guide is
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

It's possible to have more than one as sometimes they specialize, and when their specialty isn't needed any more, they move on. There is bound to be one who was with you from the get go. Learning to tune in to their messages uses the intuition. Spidey senses. Gut feeling.

It's possible you may have been so focused on one type that you missed the others.

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”