Is It Disrespectful to Just Talk?

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
Oddball

Is It Disrespectful to Just Talk?

Post by Oddball »

Is it disrespectful to simply talk to a spirit guide? Not to get advice, but just talk.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Is It Disrespectful to Just Talk?

Post by SpiritTalker »

They are involved with our lives and would enjoy a good chin wag, and if we invite replies, we might be in for a pleasant response.
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Post by Raven At Heart »

It's as Spirit said above, though depending on the type of spirit guide, some are for more open to talking then others.
I'm a spiteful, hateful, venomous creature, a pupil with no scruples who's no better then my teacher. Also not actually a raven.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yessiree, and each has their own type of response ... Some are chatty, some are the strong, silent type, some have a sense of humor, others...not so much. Those are the one's that come to get a job done, so just get on with it and skip the twaddle.

I work with human spirits, but I would imagine that animal spirit guides have their own ways and means compatible with their natures. And Raven, you can give much better guidance than I can since your path is Shamanic. What would be an appropriate greeting, for example? With human spirits, it's a no brainer "hi" informally, or something more formal can be said, like "I honor your presence and greet you."
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Post by Raven At Heart »

When dealing with animal spirits it depends on the spirit much more individually. The bear for example, she is the strong silent type. But the best response toward her is just a Hello and thank you. When dealing with a raven, its best to say something goofy yet respectful, Like Hello smart one. When dealing with a lion, you have to show respect as if he were literally a noble. Using the word sir doesn't hurt, but more important to animal spirits than words, is how you act, how you move, and how your energy is. At the same time, you don't need to over stress it. If you are making an effort, they will know and appreciate it.
I'm a spiteful, hateful, venomous creature, a pupil with no scruples who's no better then my teacher. Also not actually a raven.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

If I'm speaking to an animal spirit, address by its common species name. I find that I avoid misunderstandings that way.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”