My spirit animal may be a white wolf

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
Silver Fox Moon

My spirit animal may be a white wolf

Post by Silver Fox Moon »

When I was younger, around eight through ten years old, I would have dreams about a large white wolf meeting with me in the big ditch behind my backyard. I haven't had those dreams in years but today, as I was meditating, I pictured a white wolf coming to me under the full moon in a small clearing in a forest. It looked at me before looking up at the sky.

Am I having these visions of a wolf because it is my spirit animal?
Autumn Jewel

Re: My spirit animal may be a white wolf

Post by Autumn Jewel »

It certainly sounds like a spirit animal. It sounds like its been guiding you your whole life. I know that was true for me. I too have a wolf as one of my spirit animals, although I don't think it's white. Yes, it is possible to have multiple spirit guides. I have always been attracted to wolves and felt they were calling me somehow, but never realized why until I started studying Wicca and witchcraft a few years ago.

"Listen with your heart, and you will understand." ~ Grandmother Willow

May I suggest looking up the meaning of the white wolf. You may be surprised as to how it has been, and will help you on your path through life.
"And those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music."

Someone told me to stop living in a fantasy land.
I nearly fell off my unicorn.
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

What a beautiful encounter! I'm so glad you were able to experience this through meditation. A white wolf...what a beautiful animal. Take great pride that such a magnificent creature as chosen you to guide.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

That sounds quite possible. They have their own ways of presenting themselves to us.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Silver Fox Moon

Autumn Jewel wrote:May I suggest looking up the meaning of the white wolf. You may be surprised as to how it has been, and will help you on your path through life.
Well, white means purity, cleansing, spirituality and can also represent a spirit guide. A lone wolf represents freedom and/or fear of being threatened or lack of trust.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

From my point of view, a lone wolf could also represent the strength to stand on your own.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Silver Fox Moon

That could be true.
WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

I think perhaps yes.

I'm very naive to spirit animals as far as how to discover what yours is. I've also heard it said you could have more than one and it may change as you change based on needs and where you are in life.
Autumn Jewel

Post by Autumn Jewel »

You can have more than one, as I stated above. I currently have 7. Some follow you around your whole life, and others come and go as needed. Some are plain out obvious, and others make their presence know through subtle hints. They can appear at any time. I'll use a couple of mine as examples.

Cheetah just appeared at the end of last summer when I was starting a new job that was about to make my life "speedy" and hectic for the next few months. Now Cheetah's symbolism is no matter how fast things seem to be going, remember it's important to stop and take a break every now and then. I found Cheetah through subtle hints over the course of a few weeks. Such as receiving a cheetah print glasses case that came with my my new glasses, and cheetah print tissue paper that wrap up a new pendulum that I ordered. I've never really like this kind of print, but after receiving a couple random things with it, I gave it a thought.

Another I will use as an example is Dragon. Still no quite sure what role Dragon plays in my life, but I've always felt a sting attraction to dragons. After I learned that Dragon was indeed one of my spirit guides, I started wondering what kind; earth, water, or fire? It wasn't until I went on vacation to Bermuda last summer that I got my answer. I decided to tour the crystal and fantasy caves. There, deep down in the earth, I saw it. A large dragon head shape in the stalagmites. Well, I thought, you can't get any earthier than that! That's what my avatar picture is. Earth Dragon.
"And those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music."

Someone told me to stop living in a fantasy land.
I nearly fell off my unicorn.
Silver Fox Moon

I think I may have a fox as a spirit guide as well then. I keep seeing things that represent foxes. What does a fox mean?
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Silver Fox Moon wrote:
Autumn Jewel wrote:May I suggest looking up the meaning of the white wolf. You may be surprised as to how it has been, and will help you on your path through life.
Well, white means purity, cleansing, spirituality and can also represent a spirit guide. A lone wolf represents freedom and/or fear of being threatened or lack of trust.
White is also the color of death in many cultures. Not saying that is a bad thing, it can just be about change and not literal death.

Also, some cultures regard the white animals as "kings" of their species.
Silver Fox Moon wrote:I think I may have a fox as a spirit guide as well then. I keep seeing things that represent foxes. What does a fox mean?

The most I know about foxes is from Japan, but I love their sybolism there. They are more like the coyote figure in native American lore being tricksters, but they are associated with magic and shape shifting far more often. White foxes are supposed to be messengers of the kami Inari, and Inari is a fox god.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
krystalt845

Post by krystalt845 »

My spirit animal is a wolf and it is black, white, and grey. Idk what that means.

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”