Rejection of Guides?

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
springsgrace

Rejection of Guides?

Post by springsgrace »

Hi all,
Recently through a coincidental chain of events I have been looking more in to spirit guides as a concept. Everyone I've been discussing this with has said they feel and like the presence of their spirit guide- however, I don't. I haven't experienced any of the "symptoms" or experiences associated with them, and the idea of a spirit guiding me makes me annoyed and a little bit uncomfortable. I don't want to be guided and the presence of a spirit in my life as a constant is not something that sounds pleasant to me. Does anyone have any ideas why I feel this way or if they feel similarly?
Thank you in advance!
| cerelia | oceania | eclectic wiccan |
Heartsong

Re: Rejection of Guides?

Post by Heartsong »

Hey springsgrace,

I don't think that there's anything wrong with feeling that way. If something makes you feel uncomfortable, there's usually a reason for it. It sounds like something personal to you, so maybe you could try meditating on the subject or just taking some time to reflect on why it makes you feel annoyed?

Also, keep in mind that just like with Patron Deities, some people go their whole lives without ever encountering a spirit guide and that's ok. It's not for everyone. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Kassandra

Re: Rejection of Guides?

Post by Kassandra »

Here, here.

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”