Easy Meditation/Alternative for Contacting Spirit Guide(s)

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
FaithFinder

Easy Meditation/Alternative for Contacting Spirit Guide(s)

Post by FaithFinder »

I've been meditating daily for about two months now. I'm not new to the concept, just the practice. Anyway, I have been wanting to contact (a) spirit guide(s) for a while now, and decided to do a /wonderful/ guided meditation. I have used it a couple of times but when I try to do it without the guide, even if I do the same steps, I don't get any results. I'm not sure if I have a different spirit guide, or if I can't sense him, or what. I'm wondering if there's an alternative to meditation for contacting spirit guide(s), or if there's a way I can "wean" myself off of guided meditations. Or maybe a different meditation method? I'm not sure.
Sylar_pf

Re: Easy Meditation/Alternative for Contacting Spirit Guide(

Post by Sylar_pf »

I think you can't do some things using force just because you want it, it has to happen spontaneously.
You could probably contact your guide when you're more relaxed about the whole process.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Sylar_pf wrote:I think you can't do some things using force just because you want it, it has to happen spontaneously.
You could probably contact your guide when you're more relaxed about the whole process.
Ditto.

While meditation seems like an easy thing, sometimes it's not. And if a guided meditation helps you get where you want, just use it. Don't try to force it, it will happen in time. And sometimes it takes more than 2 months, it can take even a year. I don't know much about spirit guides, haven't contacted mine, but they probably turn up when you need them, not on demand (this is only my opinion, I don't know if it's true or not). So just use the guided meditation and be patient.
Sylar_pf

Post by Sylar_pf »

Best things happen when you least expect them ^^
Aderyn

Post by Aderyn »

Sylar_pf wrote:Best things happen when you least expect them ^^
Exactly! That's one of the things I love about spirituality. The things you need along your path happen at the most random and unpredictable times. It's a lot like feeding ducks - if you run, chasing the ducks with breadcrumbs, you're going to scare them away. But if you're patient and gentle, the ducks will come to you. ^__^
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Aderyn, you have such a good way with words,
thanks for that...I have been struggling myself quite bit lately just with quieting the mind.
I think I could use that analogy as a visual.
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
ness

Post by ness »

I will try to not be repetitive but I agree with all the above sentiments. Go into meditation with no expectations. Of course, this is not always possible :( I struggle with this a lot too.

I believe I have seen/felt the presence of my spirit guide only 2-3 times. Unlike others, I have only felt my spirit guide during a rough spiritual phase. It was not during a relaxing meditative state. But they can come to you in any way, at any time. It does not need to be a person with lot of details. Sometimes, it is just a presence you sense while you are in your journey. In real life, they can come to you as music or light, or as a feather that floats in the air, or anything that catches your eye and make you think of the magic of this universe.
Aderyn

Post by Aderyn »

firebirdflys wrote:Aderyn, you have such a good way with words,
thanks for that...I have been struggling myself quite bit lately just with quieting the mind.
I think I could use that analogy as a visual.
bb, Firebird
That's very kind of you, thank you. I'm glad I could help! ^__^ Let me know if the analogy helps. (:

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”