Beltane Fae

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
Allthepacas

Beltane Fae

Post by Allthepacas »

I am planning on working with the fae on Beltane but I don't know what I should do ritual wise.
Sakura Blossom

Re: Beltane Fae

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Allthepacas, have you worked with the fae before? I usually am one to say "do what feels right to you and just go for it safely" but I have to share my hesitation if this is your first time. If you've made connections with the fae before, then awesome! By all means, I strongly suggest trying to work with them. If not, I would be really, really careful and consider meeting them and working with them before trying to work with them on a holiday such as Beltane. Beltane is very important within the fae world (and faery craft) and it is important to be sure you know how to work with the fae before you try something like this. This is my personal opinion, of course, and others may have something different to share which is okay! I've just heard horror stories of invoking the wrath of the fae if you do something incorrectly without knowing the proper procedures and I could imagine doing so on a sacred day associated with them may result in hurt feelings if proper protocol isn't followed.

Now, if you have worked with them before; working with them on Beltane is amazing! Something I like to do is invite them to dance with me and to play music as well as sing to keep their attention. I leave gifts and spend time outside in nature to show honor to them. I'm not usually the type to do full-blown rituals, though, so I can't really help in that aspect. Hopefully someone else can!

Best of luck!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Allthepacas

Post by Allthepacas »

I have started working with the fae last Thursday and I haven't been able to keep track of any of my belongings.
Sometimes I talk to them and it feels as if they are talking back, I say something then a gentle breeze smelling of citrus leaves me with a giddy feeling.
I'm not sure if the misplacing of my belongings is a warning or an invitation or fae related at all.
I am very ecstatic about working with the fae more.
Should I wait until the Beltane craze is over before I delve deep into the world of the fae?
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

There's a reason the majority of the old Faery tales involve death, being lead off to unknown lands by the Fae and becoming trapped, being enchanted and losing yourself, being attacked, attacking others, etc... They aren't like Tinkerbell. :)

The behavior will depend on which type you're working with, and your relationship with them. It doesn't sound like you've built much more than drawing their attention for the time being, so it may be a bit early to try and build a ritual around them/with them. It is entirely possible for you to go about your own rituals and let them know they are welcome to join in if they are moved to.

Things going missing can be a Folk thing, or it could be a normal human-misplacing-keys thing, or both. If you blame them, it won't stop happening. Leaving an offering can help with that.

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”