Spirit Guides or Just Spirits?

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
Tiddlyfisher

Spirit Guides or Just Spirits?

Post by Tiddlyfisher »

I had a deep meditation session last night with the intention of connecting to my guides, and I wrote a journal entry about it. I'll be pasting it below.
Jan 31 2015

Meditation went wonderfully. I attempted to contact my spirit guides. I believe one is a small blue and yellow dragon, and another is a fly, possibly a green dragonfly. One may be a sea turtle, but this one felt more like a part of my imagination.
I saw the blue and yellow dragon several times, though I didn't hear it.
Then the fly I heard, sounded like an insect flying, and I felt an insect foot on my leg, then my face.
I also felt a thin line on my forehead. Almost like a small tail, but more likely a stray hair of mine.
Wonderful progress.
I'll explain a bit now.

I was led to believe a dragon is one of my spirit guides, but the ones I saw before were dark browns and thicker, like horned dragons.
This new one is skinny and long, much like Mushu from the film Mulan. The yellow is its underside and whiskers, the rest of the body was blue. Obviously this is nothing like my previous time seeing dragons, but it is of course possible to have multiple guides of the same type, right?
The dragonfly is tricky, because it sounded like a regular fly, but the color green was prominent in my mind. I never properly got a look at it, but I have a strong leaning towards it being a dragonfly. I wish I had more to say about this.
The sea turtle was at the very end of my session, within the last ten seconds. It was multi colored. Red, yellow, green, blue, and more. Just the shell was, the limbs were natural. It didn't feel as "valid" as the other two because I saw it once and it didn't have much of a presence at all. If I had continued to meditate, it's possible it might have had more of a presence, but I didn't continue so I can only work with what I have.

The bit about the feeling on my forehead was most comparable to a strand of my hair being pushed down against my skin lightly, like it was held taut and pressed against me. Not really sure what it was about.

Now, I realize that my spirit guides won't immediately be my best friends after attempting to contact them once, but I also don't know if what I experienced is a step in the right direction.
It feels right, the first two at least, but I would love an outside opinion. Though I like to think I would know if I am being fooled, I can't say with certainty that I am or am not. I mean, none of them even said anything, they didn't seem like they were trying to pull the wool over my eyes. It was just images and a bit of sound and touches.

As I always say, any input or suggestions are greatly welcomed. My goal is to learn and I think I can learn at least a little bit from everyone on this forum :mrgreen:
"Nothing is so good that somebody somewhere will not hate it."
—Frederick Pohl
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Spirit Guides or Just Spirits?

Post by Seraphin »

If you think the energy of your intent during your meditation was to be receptive only to those beings who were there for the purpose of promoting the highest good then I believe you're heading in a right direction Tiddly!

Actually in my recent meditations, a white dragon (a possible spirit guide again) has been hanging around lately in my astral temple. First couple of times I saw it, I thought it was a big snake; got a better look, though, when I saw it again in my meditations last week. Although I understand the spiritual significance that dragons hold for me in general (I've always had an affinity for them), I'm having a hard time getting any specific message or meaning to its presence now or why it would appear as white and has blue eyes (probably he's an American dragon? :mrgreen: ). Can't really even say how I feel when I see it; it's a good feeling, but not one I could define.

Looking forward to hearing what you find as you explore.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Tiddlyfisher

Post by Tiddlyfisher »

Alright, that's great to know. Really, some reassurance is all I need to keep going.

Last night* I attempted to contact them again to no avail, the meditation also didn't feel right at all. Which is directly caused by the fact that I tried to meditate with the sun shining through my window and with my family, neighbors, and animals waking up. Couldn't concentrate for anything!
*I was awake all night and was starting the session at around seven in the morning. Since I hadn't slept yet, I still think of it as night.

I'll be sure to only meditate with silence in darkness. At least, until I learn to do it better.

I'll post here as soon as I have something to talk about!

Also, you mention he is probably an American dragon. He had wings? I bring that up because in the media we (as in here in the US) typically only have winged dragons, which is what I recognize as an American dragon. It's also arguable that the American dragon and the English (as in UK) dragon are identical, since we come from there. Unless by American you meant Native America, which I am not familiar with.
And of course Asian dragons don't have wings. Typically.
Considering your affinity for dragons I imagine you already have looked up all there is to know about them, but it's fun to share some knowledge I have on them.

Oh, on more thing. I was considering seeking out the dragon I saw, since they were so prevalent in my session. I was apprehensive of this since I do not know them by any name or association. Just that they appeared before me.
I'll probably wait though. Wait until I have another successful session contacting my guides in general. If they appear again I will seek them out specifically next time.
"Nothing is so good that somebody somewhere will not hate it."
—Frederick Pohl
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Spirit Guides or Just Spirits?

Post by Seraphin »

Last night* I attempted to contact them again to no avail, the meditation also didn't feel right at all. Which is directly caused by the fact that I tried to meditate with the sun shining through my window and with my family, neighbors, and animals waking up. Couldn't concentrate for anything!
*I was awake all night and was starting the session at around seven in the morning. Since I hadn't slept yet, I still think of it as night.

I'll be sure to only meditate with silence in darkness. At least, until I learn to do it better.
You're not the only one who feel more comfortable meditating in silence and darkness, I was once too. It was good to meditate in silence and darkness as they give a more sensible solitude and reflection to achieve whatever you want in meditation. Darkness actually help myself immerse in the spiritual dimension with my Deities and guides and meditating on Their unconditional love and support for me.

I still meditate in darkness though when I'm communicating or invoking my Deities who are Underworld residents like Nergal, Hekate, Kali, etc. and the Vodoun Loas such as Papa Legba and Mama Brigitte.
Also, you mention he is probably an American dragon. He had wings? I bring that up because in the media we (as in here in the US) typically only have winged dragons, which is what I recognize as an American dragon. It's also arguable that the American dragon and the English (as in UK) dragon are identical, since we come from there. Unless by American you meant Native America, which I am not familiar with.
And of course Asian dragons don't have wings. Typically.
Considering your affinity for dragons I imagine you already have looked up all there is to know about them, but it's fun to share some knowledge I have on them.
And as for the dragon, yes she's a winged dragon. I'm actually joshing about telling you that she's an American dragon. I only said that because she's white and blue eyed :lol: Interesting how often I see her in my dream or meditation moving through the door into my herb room. I think that's to remind me to keep the balance with my focus. It would be easy enough to neglect my work with herbs in order to focus more directly on writing lectures, lessons, stories and other stuffs and I don't think I'm supposed to do that.

Oh and don't ask me why I think of her as female; I can't tell the difference by sight. Just feels right.

Most of the Asian dragons aren't winged yes. This is because of the fact that most of them are fire and water guardians and protectors. But not all of them are as some Asians viewed some dragons as winged serpents too -- just like the dragons of the ethnic Indo-Chinese folks (South Eastern). Among them there are, at least, three winged dragons in the sky which continue to influence their lives. They associate them with two astronomical phenomena; solar and lunar eclipse and the formation of constellation.

I do agree though that the West and Europe typically only have winged dragons.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”