Question about Guides/Working With/ect

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
Akip

Question about Guides/Working With/ect

Post by Akip »

Hi, for those of you that didn't see my introduction thread, I'm very new to wicca, and still learning. I have a question, that is possibly going to come across as a bit silly, but I'm not grasping the concept of guides very well.

I've read about people saying they have guides, and they know the name (sometimes these are names I recognise like Loki or Gaia) and other times I'm not sure I regonise the name. What exactly does it mean to have these as guides, and how would you know? How would I know?

Do you have a guide? How do you know/how did you find out? Can you sense other peoples guides?
Witchcraft-Fairy

Re: Question about Guides/Working With/ect

Post by Witchcraft-Fairy »

Basically everyone can have (inner) guides, or helping spirits, angels or whatever you might call them.

In shamanism, you can do shamanic journeys (which is sort of a phantasy journey in your mind) and find spirit animals /power animals or spirit guides with whom you can talk, ask questions about problems you have etc. What is important: These spirit creatures are always friendly and helpful, they have your well-being in mind, so if you ask them something, they will answer. They make take all sorts of forms, and some people may rather hear their voice instead of seeing them.

Some people wonder if these spirit guides, animals etc. are just in the imagination or a product of the subconscious mind.
However, when they are helpful in any way, who cares if they are imagined or not ;)

There are lots of guided meditations dealing with finding such a helping spirit, you can even find some on Youtube or elsewhere on the internet (like this one e.g.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zav4wruv3gw)

Blessed be.
Andrea
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

I work with a few deities, but wouldn't necessarily call them "guides". I guess they do guide me. But I do have guides such as animal, plant, ancestral and angels/archangels.

As mentioned above, I discovered my guides through meditation and shamanic journeying
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

This is an excerpt from my blog entry last May 2014 telling about and describing my Spirit Guides:
In the '90s, I knew nothing about spirit guides, ascended masters, soul helpers, Deities and such. All I knew was what the Catholic Church taught about guardian angels and patron saints. There was nothing about Them.

But during my fourth year in highschool, I joined a seminar about Contemporary Shamanism conducted by a visiting Native-American teacher, and a South African medicine man, who were both clairvoyants and psychics. One of the objectives of the seminar was to introduce participants to their spirit guides (whether they are Ascended Masters or Saints, Power Animals or Familiars, Celestial Beings or Angels, Daemons or Nature Spirits).

According to the Native-American shaman, I have eight spirit guides, three females, three males, and two animals. Four of my spirit guides, he said, were with me all the time. The other four were on call when needed. When I protested to the spirits had no sex, he explained that sex differentiation in my guides referred to their dominant energy in the spirit world and not really because they have physical genitals.

He's the one who said to me that we all had a spirit community which composed of Gods, Angels, Daemons, Nature Spirits, Ascended Masters, Ancestral Spirits, Spirit Guides, Power Animals, and even some bad apples in the Spirit World.

Anyway, I was intrigued by the number eight. Why eight spirit guides? Why not ten or just five or any other 100 ? Is it because I was born on August 8 ? smiley_dance Hee... I don't know. This wasn't explained to me so I am not really sure.

I had already completely forgotten the shaman's revelation about my spirit guides and power animals, when I happened to meet a psychic and spiritual healer four years later. She told me that her husband, a medium, could see and communicate a person's spirit guides and even Gods through scrying. So I did the method of scrying they shared to me and I was shocked to see six human figures and two animals in my scrying bowl! I never told her or her hubby about the eight spirit guides that the shaman said I had.

Meet my Guides

Four years later, because of my skeptical and rational mind, still, I wasn't fully convinced to accept that I have eight guides. That time though, I was learning how to write my own meditations. I made my own version of Astral Temple and used it to meet my guides and saw the same number of beings.

One of my guides, was an old Chinese helper during the Ming Era. He is a tiny old soul with silver white hair. He is the reason why I do a lot of study concerning Eastern Esoteric Knowledge.

Another is a Ancient Greek physician who was killed during a war. He is the one helping me in my therapeutic, holistic spiritual healing.

Another is an Egyptian magickian during the Egyptian Empire period. A tall black, broad shouldered man. He is bald and wears a single gold hoop earring. He said he was a companion during one of my previous lives.

Another is a beautiful young lady who I suspect is showing a younger version of herself than her passing. She does play a role in my emotional and relationship matters.

Another is a young girl, a lovely, happy soul, always smiling.

There is another guide who is a fat lady and who always wears gauzy shawls, cloaks and bangles and would I feel be a medieval teacher.

The spirit animals I saw are the pronghorn and badger.

Staying close

When I started doing healing services or lecturing in our Circle, several people with clairvoyant vision said, independently of each other, that they saw several spirits behind me.

To date, no less than 15 different persons have seen my guides during our meeting in Circle or even during my leisurely stroll in Malls. The Chinese helper and another that wears cloak are usually the ones seen by my friends. Others have also seen my female guide and the kid playing and laughing beside me.

Some even said that they saw some spirits touching different parts of my body. One touches me on the head, another on the right arm, on my back, and hip.

To this day, I have a very good relationship with all of them. I always thank them for their continued help and support in my work on planet Earth in this lifetime. :mrgreen:

However, as I go deeper and deeper in my study of my spirituality and practice of magick, I learned that there are not the only ones who's in my spirit community. I also realized that not every being in my spirit community is there as a "guide", and of the eight who are guides, neither is the "head" over the other. There are many possible reasons for spirit beings to become part of a community; to provide guidance is only one, and not always the most significant one at that.

I'd not suggest that my personal experience is something that anyone -- much less everyone -- else would experience; I share my experiences because that's what we do in this community, not to define spiritual reality for anyone else, but to share information. Some will resonate, some will not.
Besides from abovementioned, I also work with Enochian angels, daemons and dragons and a number of Deities. They are all part of my spiritual community. All these spiritual connections were made through years and eventually became a long term relationship. I also had some guides that incredibly significant at a time but actually were temporary and just faded back into the background. Either way, just because there are transitory or temporary doesn't mean that they are in any way less important in my life.

As for your question about sensing other person's guides. Sometimes yes, sometimes I don't.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

My guides quite often come in dreams. My main guide I know by his eyes, and although he comes in many disguises...the eyes are always the same. Some of his disguises have been hilarious ... The Pope with a feather boa ... A prim, proper librarian ... They all mean something in context of the dream. I trained as a medium and then I could hear them, and the humor continues.

Excuse me, my cat is crawling under my iPad in some new sport. He wants attention neow
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

We all have guides, I have yet to meet mine though. But I have received very subtle messages and pushes from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”