Is this my spirit animal or just my head?

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
Gray Pool

Is this my spirit animal or just my head?

Post by Gray Pool »

Last night I entered meditation, seeking my spirit animal. Usually I knew that it was not the spirit animal itself, but me.
This time it felt different.
I opened my mind in front of a pine forest. A cool, lush forest. Behind me was a beach, and I was leaning against a lone palm tree. I took a deep breath, and told myself "out, out of the body." Strange, but it did the trick. My heart felt like it was floating as my conscious elevated. I took a deep breath again, expecting to feel the cold air of my hotel room. But instead I felt the salty, misty air of a beach. I could no longer hear the air conditioner. Instead I could hear the rush of waves on sand and the chatter of birds. I took a step forward warily, not knowing this place. The ground, filled with wood chips and pine needles, cracked under my feet. Walking a bit farther, I noticed a ray of light breaking through the tree tops. Next to it was the largest golden eagle I had ever seen. I didn't gasp or jump. It felt like I had been expecting this bird. It had beautiful light golden feathers with streaks of white and black, all knowing eyes.
(I can't quite remember the conversation, but bits of it.)
"Who are you?" I asked.
The bird gave a throaty shriek. An answer appeared in my mind.
Skariith
"Why are you here?" I asked, wanting to find out if this bird was shadow. It didn't feel menacing.
I am your soul
The reply flashed in my mind, and "Skariith" cocked his majestic golden head. He suddenlt turned and the word goodbye flashed in my head. He turned and flew away, a rush of air from where he had been standing.
I woke up cold, feeling feathers brush over my skin. I felt safer and warmer.
Who is my spirit animal? I thought in my head. For no reason really. Seeing if their were others.
Lo an behold, and image lighted in my mind for a second. A snake, a dark green viper to be exact. A name came with it.VincentCould this be another spirit animal of mine? A menacing one, a shadow guide, perhaps.

Sorry for the long post and bad writing. It's 11 and I'm tired.

Please help me. I think they are real but I want confirmation. Thanks~
Omnitheist. Caracal and pronghorn therian (if you have questions, ask please). Haven't found my specialty yet.
Holdasown

Re: Is this my spirit animal or just my head?

Post by Holdasown »

I recently got serious about finding my animal fetch. Got a clear image and a name as well. Sounds like you have two, probably like you said for different guides for different journeying. I have found when I need help meditating now I just call her name and she's there. You should try it next time you are stuck.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I'm very fond of the quote from Dumbledore: "“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

: )
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Spiritus that journey you mentioned sounded a lot like the one that the story teller went through in the book The way of Wyrd. Its a fictional story that tells the tale of a Christian Monk wanting to explore and learn the ways of the Saxon wizards and priests. Its basically a historical fiction account of what the witches and pagans of the saxons practiced. My point is that they could both very well be animal guides and that your vision follows a pattern I have seen in the past.
Gray Pool

Post by Gray Pool »

I've never heard of that story, I'll look into it. What sort of pattern? I'll look into that, too.

@Xiao
That is actually my favorite quote! Thanks for reminding me haha

@Holdasown
That sounds really cool! I want to do that. Thankfully I get stuck on meditating A LOT.
Omnitheist. Caracal and pronghorn therian (if you have questions, ask please). Haven't found my specialty yet.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Spiritus wrote:I've never heard of that story, I'll look into it. What sort of pattern? I'll look into that, too.
Interacting with a form of your soul/spirit to get information you need on a spiritual level. So its an interesting thing. I've never met with my soul/spirit like that before but I have heard of it happening for other people. I believe that spirits contact us and work with us in ways that we will be able to understand them. So for you the animal form may say something about you that you weren't really sure about.
Gray Pool

Post by Gray Pool »

Wait.....
So they work with us on ways that we understand but say things that I'm not really sure about?
It's 10 again so if I don't understand and It's really obvious, sorry.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Spiritus wrote:Wait.....
So they work with us on ways that we understand but say things that I'm not really sure about?
It's 10 again so if I don't understand and It's really obvious, sorry.
What I mean with unsure about is that they could be aspects of ourselves that are hidden from us and others that we need to bring out and explore. They can also be parts of us that we need to embrace that we are afraid of or they can be areas that we are strong in. It really depends on the nature of the animal symbolism and which of the many symbols resonate most with you. Thats how you can make the connection between you and your spirit.
Gray Pool

Post by Gray Pool »

Attributes of Eagle

Creation
Healing
Illumination of spirit
Stronger and quicker in actions
Responsibility
Keen sight
Knowledge of magic
Ability to see hidden spiritual truths
Ability to see the overall pattern
Dignity with Grace
Grace achieved through knowledge and hard work
Respect for Boundaries
Intuitive and creative spirit
Connection to Spirit Guides and Teachers

Only a few are me... Opposites attract? :(

Attributes of Snake

Cycles
Rebirth
Patience
Fertility
Eternity
Balance
Cunning
Intuition
Awareness
Healing
Intellect
Protection
Solemnity
Rejuvenation
Transformation
Occult (hidden) Knowledge
Male/Female, Yin-Yang, Duality

Know that sounds like me... only that was my shadow guide!

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”