Working With Angels?

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
jittertat

Working With Angels?

Post by jittertat »

Can anyone tell me how one works with Angels? Are there any special methods of working with Angels? Are there any differences with Angelic Magic and normal Witchcraft? When should I do Angelic Magic? More importantly, how?

Also, what candle colours, crystals and incenses (blends, if possible) do Angels work well with?
magus

Re: Working With Angels?

Post by magus »

Uh, I would say that you never actually work with Angels, you just ask for their assistance in things if that makes sense. For example, when you cast a spell you might call on an angel to help increase the power of the spell, of which I've done before. You should use it whenever you feel it necessary and the how would be just to include it in the spell you are casting.

For the last question I'm not really sure if there is any specific colors or crystals or incenses that work best, I would just coordinate according to what the spell is.
You know they're all the same
You know you're doing better on your own so don't buy in
Live right now
Just be yourself
It doesn't matter if that's good enough for someone else
~Jimmy Eat World
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

Look into Enochian Magick. Enochian Magick is Angelic Magick.
Victoria Mnemosyne

Post by Victoria Mnemosyne »

A few of my thoughts on angels
*Anything I write here is from my own BOS, which means its based on my beliefs and may or may not work for you. As in anything magical or religious there are no absolutes.

Archangels are the most frequent angels mentioned. They are messengers between Deity and humans in times most needed. The five archangels of heaven: Michael (fire, south and noon), Uriel (earth, north and midnight), Raphael (air, east and dawn), Gabriel (water, west and sunset), & Lucifer (the fallen angel)
The Archangels can be called by their attributes- ie, if you were to need Michael, I would face the south, perform the call at noon, light an orange or red candle, wear orange or red (for fire), etc... Or they can be called by name.

My personal belief is that calling an Archangel is calling in the big guns. You don't call them for little things. I would call
them for big things only. Michael helped cast Lucifer out of heaven- he is the warrior of God. Therefore if I needed help battling a personal demon (metaphorically- not an actual Demon, but I imagine he would be helpful in that respect as well) I may ask Michael for help.

Other angels of lower rank take more common interest in human affairs. You can call them by name, (I have heard it advised to repeat their name three times) if you meet or contact an individual angel. I associate angels with white, and with light, so I would light white candles, possibly have white feathers nearby or incorporated, if I wanted angelic guidance or intervention.

That being said..........
You asked if there are specific methods for working with angels. These methods differ greatly depending on the path you are on. A Christian witch might emphasize the connection with angels to God or Yahweh or what-have-you. An Enochian would use the system developed by John Dee. If you don't trust Dee, I wouldn't bother with his systems. In my opinion, personal gnosis works best. Trust what fits your beliefs.

You asked if there are differences between Angelic witchcraft and regular witchcraft. Yes and no. For me, the main difference is that Angels and Demons are hard to "work with" for lack of a better term (by which I mean incorporate into your practice in any way) because they are so absolute. Ghosts, spirits, spirit guides etc are common for witches to work with. They are more neutral, and their vibrations are closer to our own. Demons however (in my belief) are beings of extreme low vibration (what people may call "darkness") and angels are beings of extreme high vibration. I think this makes them harder to work with because they are more.. foreign. They were never human, and they have no real need of earth or of humans. (also, IMB)

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”