What are your (animal) spirit guides?

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
Traumwandlerin

What are your (animal) spirit guides?

Post by Traumwandlerin »

What are your (animal) spirit guids? And how did you met them? What were the things they helped you with? What is your personal connection to them? Do you know about their traditional meaning? What do they mean to you?

My spirit guide is a wolf. Which came as quite a shock to me (despite the I knew feeling) since I really dislike dogs and everything connected to them. And really I thought "Spirit guides like that only mean you think better of yourself then you are" since everyone seems to have a wolf, because everyone likes to have one. But nethertheless, my spirit guide is a wolf. I've known him for years but only last year realized him for what he was, when he came to my side to help me. I've seen him several years ago in my dreams, following me around, helping me out (but constantly failing).

Last year I started journeying and there he was. Guided me to all the inner and outer places I need to know and was at my side in every single inner fight (and some outer ones) to lend me his strenght and to protect me if I fail. I can't really describe our connection, he is there, and when he is with me I just know I am safe despite everything else. I also feel stronger, when he is around me. In addition he helped me shielding some parts of me, which weren't allowed outside at this time.

One of my other parts has an animal spirit, too, or kind of. My twelve year old has a dragon. She saw him first time in a really bad nightmare several days in a row. She was followed forever, her life in real danger, only able to run until she was at a cliff. They were after her but suddenly she knew "In everyone a dragon is deeply asleep. In danger he will awake and you are able to fly". She jumped from the cliff and were flying away, the dragon awoke and guided her safe. Since then she was wearing a dragon necklace. I don't know much more about it now, but will regain more knowledge for sure.

So, I don't know what a wolf and a dragon should mean normally, I only know what they meant to me. The wolf as a calm creature with a strong protective side and the ability to strengthen me. And the dragon which awakes in danger and makes me able for huge insights and great acts temporarily.

I've never read up any meaning, since I always thought my guides can tell me more about themselves than any interpretation book ;)

But I'm curious about the guides of others, story telling time :)
MissCharmed7

Post by MissCharmed7 »

with me i havent met them as in see them face to face but i always have snake image when i mediate and number 7 which is my spiritual number i still havent figured it out . i just hear voice inside me thats all . to me the snake woman power sacred power and power to heal . because i always feel calm air surround my face even when my windows and doors are closed i just feel little bit of wind , vibrating through my fingers and ears .
path of the shaman

Re: What are your (animal) spirit guides?

Post by path of the shaman »

my animal guides i came to learn were a bear and a crow. they have been appearing to me for a long time. more so now that i'm on a path of being a shaman. however i also learned that i have another spirit that has been with me as well. it was only recently i got into a relationship with her. (see topic: a relationship with a succubus in spirits, ghosts, shadow people, demons thread)
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Mine is a black wolf. I have known this since I was a child, I have always known him. I did a meditation about a week ago to be sure, and yep, Black Wolf. He has helped me with my anger, I only use anger constructively now. He has also helped me with my problem with family relationships.

The traditional lessons a wolf has are as follows:
http://www.squidoo.com/wolftotem
FourFangs

Post by FourFangs »

I'm not positive, but I believe mine is a Caracal. For I have had a Caracal reveal things to me.
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

My first is a black panther. As in the fur is pure black, no markings. I met them when I was very young, I was sitting in the end of the hallway against the wall through the living room to the back yard. Was probably six..? Outside started to look pure white and I saw him run through the light and to inside. I didn't know what a panther was yet so I had no reason to be afraid. Didn't find out about animal totems until I was in fifth grade. The panther was giving me dreams from fourth grade to fifth. Though that person that taught me must not have known much about animal totems because she called them temporary, and the panther is still with me. Though they have never actually spoken any words or made any sounds. The dream I remember the most clear I had been given by him was very amazing.

Feeling like I was a panther, walking slowly in a jungle, feeling the slightly moist soil close under, dark reddish soil. In a lush jungle starting to follow a rabbit that looked metallic gold- like it was made from gold. Yet it looked like a real rabbit and moved like one. The panther followed, not hunted, but followed. The rabbit lead him in to a temple of bright yellowish colored stone. A long beautiful temple that felt never ending, like I could explore forever..

The panther is always quietly beside me, always I can feel his fur and body. Whenever I call him he answers, even if not with words. A very loyal friend, they have a motherly gentle feel about him, very comfortable and caring. I never want him to leave as it might feel lonely without him, no it probably would. This year one friend of mine said he was a guardian not a totem and though what they said made sense the more I think about it the more I think they don't really have the aggression it takes to be one. Then again I think also that they are still a panther and as gentle as he is with me I'm sure he could be equally aggressive to some danger though I have never seen him aggressive even when I was in a lot of trouble.

-----------------------------------------------

My shadow totem is a wolf, black thick thick fur, one black eye, one silver eye that looks like a large marble. He's really good at warnings oO Hes more of the lone wolf time then a pack one though, would tick him off if there was a large group around! Then again I don't really like large groups ether. I first saw him when I was a teenager, went on to the deck in our backyard at night and there I saw very clearly that wolf. A large wolf that looked pure black, and the one silver eye that had no pupils, just a shimmer and coloring that made it look like a marble. I was terrified, and sadly didn't try to feel if they where aggressive or not. It didn't occur to me at the time that it was a spirit at the time because it looked so REAL and so physical, like a wolf was sitting at the other end of the yard staring at me, in me with that silver eye. I ran inside, though I felt so exhausted after I did though it was early at night I had ended up going to bed not too long after seeing it.

It wasn't until some years ago did my friend Dan help me figure out it was my shadow totem. Before then I had thought it was a ghost. After talking to me about it for a bit he asked me to call for it, he probably knew I was still doubting a little. The wolf had come though, and he never left since. He does speak, but not often, and its always with a beware message. The first one was through two dreams I had, both two nights in a row. I will have to admit I regret not heeding the warning or getting he meant SOON. The time after that he told me to tell my friend beware and as soon as I did(over the phone) he told me he saw a shadow back away then admitted before then he had herd some scratching sounds but had been ignoring it. The last time he gave a warning I heeded it and was VERY happy I did because I could see the point of what would have happened if I hadn't. So safe to say he is very BLUNT, but never the less I'm glad hes still with me~! XD

I don't think I have any more though I've interacted with a lot of animals. My black cat darling sleeps in my bed every night, one time I dreamed about a little tiger staring at me, and I've had moths and butterflies land on me a lot. One time I woke up I saw an amazing moth hanging over my bed, it had brown wings, a brown furry body and their wings texture reminded me of wood and on the wings it looked like small chunks of silver where stuck on it. The ends of the legs looked a beautiful fresh lush green. Another time I tried to go to sleep there was a moth sitting so close to my bed it made me cautious in getting in to bed. That one was pretty large like the other one before I saw near my bed but this one was just colored grays, but the texture and the shades of grey looked so amazing, it made me wonder if the moth was going to break in to sparkling(though no the moth didn't).
solomia

Post by solomia »

How do you find out who's your animal spirit guide?
john85uk

Post by john85uk »

Mine might be a white stag but I'm not sure. I did a guided meditation and this popped into my mind but I'd been reading about the white stag that same day so that might be the reason.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

You know that Cernunnos is a white stag? He's the God that I worship and he also came to me in a dream.
john85uk

Post by john85uk »

Yeah I like it and I'm going to stick with it. The white stag seems peaceful and guiding and Cernunnos is a celtic God which I tend to prefer with them being nearer my homeland. King Arthur hunted a white stag and it also appeared in The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. I know it must have come from reading the book but then I could argue that it was divine intervention which made me read the book in the first place. I'll stick with the stag until he's done helping me and then I'll move on when ready.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Not saying that you should ask for another! I was simply telling you, its quite interesting. I was saying that perhaps Cernunnos was calling to you, but it seems that he already had a while ago.
john85uk

Post by john85uk »

Oh no I didn't think you were asking me to get another lol. We can share ha ha. x
Immortal Heart

Post by Immortal Heart »

How do you find out your animal spirit guide. I'm not sure and I have no one to turn to, my family is Christian but I am Wiccan. I am really confused can someone please help me on many things. If your willing to help me please pm me.

-The frostiest Heart
Daine

Post by Daine »

I always dream of a white horse, I have since I was little. When I was in Hawaii last summer I decided to try to contact my animal spirit guide and was not surprised at all when I learned it was a white horse. I was surprised however when I learned I had a second one, a bee. Actually, it's more of a swarm of bees though with them was a bee keeper. He had black hair and white skin though I couldn't tell if he had blue or brown eyes. I'm thinking of trying to contact my spirit guide, not just the animals. Does anyone have any ideas about the swarm of bees/bee keeper?
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

My spirit guide is the crow/raven. Not the one I had wanted or hoped for. Infact... took a little while for me to accept it. (Of course I have other animals in my totem that are very dear to my heart)

When did I find out it was my spirit guide? They day I realized why they were always flocking around my house and cawing. One day I finally walked outside and yelled, "WHAT? WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO KNOW?" And they told me to own my power. That was the day I knew...

Our relationship has been an interesting one. Crow doesn't like it when I use cards or runes to divine my future. He tells me to stop looking for answers that I already know and trust myself... but I'm stubborn and he laughs at me when I don't listen and learn the hard way. He's been there for me through thick and thin so I can't complain. He's really grown on me and I listen to him more often.

As for my patron Goddess... I always thought the Morrigan was 'cool' but didn't want to pick her simply for the 'cool factor'. Come to find out, she choose me. It's not that I'm unwilling... but even today I'm still a little hesitant and have my reservations. I think it's the confrontational aspect about her that makes me a little uneasy. I have issues with confrontation and fighting... I consider myself a pacifist... so you may see the confliction there.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”