Finding my Spirit Guide

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
ilecssds

Finding my Spirit Guide

Post by ilecssds »

I'm trying to find my spirit guide(s) but nothing I have tried so far seems to work. I tried meditating but I'm having trouble keeping focus. So i was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to do either.
theSeeker

Post by theSeeker »

A long quite walk in nature always helps me.
Godsmack

Post by Godsmack »

I've been having trouble, too, actually. Sometimes I guess we are just not ready. Lots and lots of patience is a must, lol. That's all I can say. Maybe you can try looking up a ritual?
theSeeker

Post by theSeeker »

Godsmack wrote: Lots and lots of patience is a must
I agree..... :)
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

I was kind of skeptical about finding my spirit guide until last night during meditation. I realized I needed to let go and sort of focus on spirit guides but once I set the intention of seeing them they popped in my head.

The first was a frog, the next was a snake, and the next a bear. I felt connected to the frog and snake my whole life. I confirmed that these were my guides by asking their spirits to touch my left hand for yes and right for no. There was some other animal which I thought of, but I realized that I simply was trying to think of more animals instead of letting them come to me.

It is a tricky balance, but it came pretty easy for me. Good luck!

& much love,
Y0m (light warrior)
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Xal

Post by Xal »

Nice Yom! Seems like your making good progress.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Hi All.

I found my spirit guide Johnathan by meditating and taking walks. I find that if you can find a way to be still and quiet, in time you will be able to sense your guide or guides. I found mine during my Reiki training. Do what feels right to you and it will be successful.
LorriePaige

Post by LorriePaige »

I think "Spirit Guide"is a very broad term. Angels, God/Goddess, Patron Saints, spirits...are all Spirit Guides. I believe even your conscience can be a spiritual guide.

There are many around, close to you for guidance.[/i]
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

LorriePaige wrote:I think "Spirit Guide"is a very broad term. Angels, God/Goddess, Patron Saints, spirits...are all Spirit Guides. I believe even your conscience can be a spiritual guide.

There are many around, close to you for guidance.[/i]
Lorrie,

I think you bring up a good point. I have no idea what my guide is (angel, etc.) but all I know is that I met him the way I did and I know there are more around me. I think my Grandmother on my mother's side is always by me but would not consider her a spirit guide. I think the definition is so broad that it can mean so many things as you said.
blackwavy

Re: Finding my Spirit Guide

Post by blackwavy »

ilecssds wrote:I'm trying to find my spirit guide(s) but nothing I have tried so far seems to work. I tried meditating but I'm having trouble keeping focus. So i was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to do either.
Truth Seeker is right.
Don't forced it. Just go with the flow.
Initially start out with wanting to become more in touch spirituality, finding your true self. There are many ways in going about it, different methods.
You would want to mediate--take it easy. Having a calm, quiet, you will begin to become more aware--higher consciousness.

Then, you'll be able to hear, see and feel them. They act on a subtle level--very thin but they vibrate at a higher vibration than we don't.

You'll know when you will, it will natural AND it will come when you lease
expect it.
Moonlight Maverick

spirit guide

Post by Moonlight Maverick »

I found my spirit guide in a dream. It seems to find you when you are ready in my experience...
good luck!

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”