Help with reading

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Help with reading

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I’m breaking my own rule. I’m asking for your opinion on my own reading. See I’ve been wanting to change careers for some time. A job opportunity has come about and I’ve been super hopeful that it’s the change I’ve been waiting for. However, may husband and I have also been trying to start a family. Since this isn’t always the best time to be making a career change I’d did a simple 1 card reading and asked “If I was offered this job, and became pregnant in at the same time, could I handle both at the same time? Could I manage all that major change and responsibility? I can get overwhelmed with stress which is one of the main reasons I’m needing a change from my current career so this was a serious question I had for myself.

The card I drew: Reversed 2 of Wands

Thoughts and interpretations??

Thanks,
Rosie
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help with reading

Post by Firebird »

Hi Rosie!
I'm sorry to say that it looks like both at this time may not sprout out the way you would like. I wouldn't put a stop to your plans though, I just wouldn't try to implement them at the same time is all. It's a wait and see scenario. One or the other.
I drew a card to get some clarification. Queen of Pentacles. Now, while she is a fertile Goddess, she is also one who is stable within and without. Her fecundity comes from having a strong base to grow from, and that would indicate a vocation that brings you joy (and dollars!)
Also, not to be yet a wetter blanket, but a child will introduce life long stress to your life, More in the form of worry, so getting a good grip on that might be a brick to stand on. The return of love and joy a baby brings to your heart is remarkable and will happen when you are ready. And if it happens when you are not ready, the universe will find a way.
I wasn't ready at all, but I had other garbage to deal with as well.
I wish you the best, what ever you decide! smileylove
bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Thanks Firefly, I appreciate your words of wisdom. I’ve been putting off having a family for 4+ years now trying to get settled in my career. It’s physically, mentally, and emotionally challenging every single day, and I hoped it would get easier, but it hasn’t. And some unpleasant personnel issues go on that just makes my day miserable on top of everything else. The one good thing is the pay is super super good. My husband and I have been able to save, buy a home, pay our vehicles off and this summer we decided we don’t want to keep waiting and I’m getting further into my 30s. There was never going to be a perfect time and who knows how long it might take so let’s just start now, and hopefully everything will fall into place.

Having my first child and doing my current job will be a challenge, but having my first child and starting a new job all together is difficult to judge because I haven’t been in that job before. I can only imagine it would be difficult and that scares me and makes me wonder if my current job is the lesser of two evils..?

I thought maybe the card was telling me to choose one or the other. But, then I read that the card can signify poor planning and being held back by fear so I perked up a bit and hoped it was telling me not the held back by fear, but I’d have to have a plan. This wasn’t going to just “fall in place”, I would need to take serious measures to put it in place. Wishful thinking?

Thanks again for your thoughts!
Rosie
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

Which deck? What image?

Step away from static interpretations for a moment and feel the card.

2 of Wands is often seen as 2 paths, but if you take the RW deck, you see someone standing with the world already in his hands, watching and not going anywhere. It means you have all that you need for being happy or at least content, in which case the reversal can mean to take the leap.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

RosieMoonflower wrote: The card I drew: Reversed 2 of Wands

Thoughts and interpretations??

Thanks,
Rosie
I've got Silver Witchcraft Tarot that interprets 2 of Wands as the 'instant before the dawn'.
I can imagine it reversed as decision that bears a consequence for you, being energy drained (loosing the position where you manage to accumulate force).
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Thanks guys, I actually was using my new mini tarot of the pagan cats deck. Lol, it’s so cute! The image is a cat peering over the side of a castle top towards the water. He holds a glowing pentacle in his tail. He stands in between two flags, one with a sword, one with a cup. And there are two wands embedded in the bricks of the castle one with a rose on the end and the other with a Lilly.

I agree I should have studied the card longer to really “feel” the card. But, my initial reaction was that it was saying “one or the other”. Then I went to the guide for one of my other decks that has an app and I can access easy. I usually do this with a reading anyways, just to compare my reading to standard meanings.

Sigh... you guys, I just can’t stay in my job position much longer. I’m going to snap. It’s so physically and emotionally draining!! It’s made me struggle with self esteem issues for many years now. My coworkers hate me. They don’t have to work near as hard as I do physically, but they always call me lazy.

But, I may not have a choice to get out before we start our family. I think... I think I may be already carrying. Wish I was more excited and happy about it. Unfortunately, husband and I had a terrible fight this week about house chores I couldn’t get to, alluding to what I mentioned before about how I can get overwhelmed with stress and work and let other things go sometimes. I could use a virtual hug today...

Thanks,
Rosie
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

>>>HUGS<<<
I know you will be able to deal with what ever comes up. You're one strong lady :D
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Strong for sure but Taurus people are just too nice to people (who deserve flame n sword).
Reversed 2 of Wands my suggestion is to get the inner fire going. Watch sunrise, lit orange candle, eat apricots. Search triple warmer (San Jiao) in Chinese medicine.

I was reading an article now stating aligning with infinite I misread as aligning with fire... realized I'd totally love to learn how to align with fire myself.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Thanks @FbFly! I needed it today. Good thing is hubs and I made up today. I knew we would, but still that’s like the only fight we ever have and having around the time I think we need to test and see I’m actually pregnant wasn’t the best timing for it..

Thanks also @SaphireRoad! I am a Taurus, very observant of you to remember! Maybe that’s what it is, I’m too nice. I certainly try to be nice. And, I’m not great at standing up for myself..

Rosie
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Concerning household chores.
How to wash oily frying pan:
1. Take it over sink and fill with water
2. Put back where you cooked
3. Wait until someone else washes it

anyway apart from that I guess my interpret. was a bit superficial. If two of wands is about optimism of awaiting the dawn, reversed might be about you looking at things with... ? Rather calm down and refocus in your center.

Might be interesting to mention that when I got introduced to Hekate by herself I asked her who she was thrice with deck entirely reshuffled each time. All three times I got the same answer two of wands.

I guess standing up requires awareness of a fact that severity is often good for people. Fosters discipline. The trick to assertivity requires to step out of game others give into your mouth, meaning if they define your role to be such and such step out from such pattern deliberately, mentally. Sometimes I used to say to people "I am not your wh*re" which sounds extreme but it is really ridiculous how people assume that you owe them something. Don't know how about you, but I live for myself :flyingwitch:
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

SapphireRoad wrote:Concerning household chores.
3. Wait until someone else washes
:
Hahaha, this would royally tick my husband off. I would like to state, for my own sake, that my house is very clean. I know it’s important and I know it bothers my husband so I do my share. He wants it perfect though. And, if I choose to rest instead of do chores, he calls me on, immediately. I honestly, and I’m not joking or trying to talk lighting about a serious mental illness, I honestly think he OCD. And just obsesses over a dish in the sink or dog paws by the back door. He cannot shut off the thought that something is out of place and it drives him nuts!

Rosie
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Once I had a gf and at her place I washed all dishes but did not clean the leftovers in the sink's strainer.
"Better do nothing than doing things half-way," she scolded me.
From time to time I remember this with smile.
My own shadow too, obsessive mind, I'm listening to 852hz music all the time to cure this or rather just keep it at bay.
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

Sounds like he should see a counselor before starting a family. Kids are messy, and there would be no peace of mine for anyone anymore.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well that's a point NeverMoon!
SapphireRoad wrote:Concerning household chores.
3. Wait until someone else washes it
WHATTTTT? You're FIRED!
SapphireRoad wrote:"Better do nothing than doing things half-way," she scolded me.
A job worth doing is worth doing well!! :fairy: There is nothing that aggravated me more than when the kids would try to do their chores half way or in a micky mouse way.

Did you take the test Rosie??
BB, FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

firebirdflys wrote:There is nothing that aggravated me more than when the kids would try to do their chores half way or in a micky mouse way.
Well she did not have any air ventilation on the toilet and once after I came to her place I had some digestion challenges and rushed into her toilet. We needed to open a window and she started an argument stating "you came to my place just to take a sh*t!" driving force of her argument being that I came to visit her solely for that purpose.

Return to “Tarot Talk”