Vice Versa Tarot

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
RedRavenFox

Vice Versa Tarot

Post by RedRavenFox »

I bought this deck. I don't know how great it will actually be for divination but the concept seems very interesting.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07387 ... UTF8&psc=1
What's happened has happened
What's coming is already on its way
With a role for me to play...
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Vice Versa Tarot

Post by SpiritTalker »

I seldom know if I’m coming or going so this would have to help!
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

Just how do you shuffle them? Without knowing what you'll get?
RedRavenFox

Post by RedRavenFox »

I don't think there is any traditional way to shuffle them. In fact I haven't opened it yet and might return it. 78 cards can be difficult...156...I just don't know.
What's happened has happened
What's coming is already on its way
With a role for me to play...
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Very cool deck. I agree that some would say you shouldn’t be able to tell what cards your holding before you turn them over. But, if you’re using them for yourself and it works for you, go for it. Regardless, it’s a cool deck to collect and ponder over. And, yes, the endless meanings to memorize! What a pain! With a normal deck there is 78 (upright) and 78 reversed (upside down) already! So new meanings for the backs for both would be 312! But, there are ways to shuffle so that you don’t turn cards or upside down while shuffling to keep it narrowed down. Congrats on the new deck, it’s always fun to get a new one!

Rosie
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Good point Rosie.
Standing on my head is a thing that happens quite often.
Casting a shadow is a thing that happens all the time when light is present.

How would you, though, interpret these differences?
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

I googled this deck and the Author meant only for two meanings per card, the front and the back. Hence the name, vice Versa. And, it looks like it comes with a booklet so that should be helpful!

Reversed or upside down cards are sometimes opposite meanings of that card, but not always. And not often enough to even make that a rule. You can look the standard meanings up online easily. There are a lot of free websites and apps that help you to memorize the meanings of the cards.

Rosie
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

How about an example?

Let's say we draw a Magician card and interpret is as a need to use magic and/or wit.
Let's say we draw it reversed ... I don't know?
Let's say we draw a backside of a Magician and interpret it as a need to observe the consequences of spellwork and/or witty conduct and how big of a shadow they cast affecting lives.
Let's say we draw this backside reversed ... to observe how other's magical/witty conduct might have flung a shadow on us and in what fashion?
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Vice Versa Tarot

I like those interpretations! While upright Magician can show a spark, desire, or need to use magick, spells, etc. the reversed can be seen to show frustration in not knowing how to use these skills properly.

I think you hit he nail on the head with the consideration for who all is affected by your magical reach when drawing upright back side. Almost as if you’re looking over your shoulder at what you leave behind. But, I feel one interpretation might show using magic and powers of the universe either unwisely or manipulatively, so I would say that’s back reversed. Whether that’s warning you about others or yourself would be up to the interpretation of the reader.

Rosie
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

This deck looks really fun. Pretty sure it is 78 cards, with 156 images...that would be hard to shuffle!
Seems like the shadow energy of each card? that would be nice to get a visual on that, likely the similar interpretation as a reversed card would be.
I think I have to get it!
Did you end up returning the deck RedRavenFox?
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ok, I caved and had my daughter order me the deck. Looks really fantastic. So far I just did a quick read with the major arcana with regards to my bio moms passing.
Even though none of the cards came up on the versa side, still a powerful reading.
Reading left to right, situation, action, outcome.
Fool, perfect, because one must really abandon fear to enjoy life
Judgment, yikes, time to release all preconceived anything for it won't be resolved now.
Death, wow, and as is life so is death, no one here gets out alive.
Visa versa reading
Visa versa reading
Of all the joy exploring witchcraft has been I think I most appreciate the reflection to the cycle of year/life/wheel. It keeps turning, rendering change to be changeless. Acceptance is huge.

Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Tarot Talk”