Interesting result for a "yes/no"

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
sylphaxiom

Interesting result for a "yes/no"

Post by sylphaxiom »

While I generally stay away from "yes/no" questions when using my tarot, tonight I had a question that we've been bouncing around and thought there may be some insight.

First, let me say this: when I pull a yes/no card, I'm not looking for a real yes/no. I'm looking for some insight into the answer which usually gives me a yes/no/maybe interpretation.

Preface: My wife and I want another kid (I have 2 from a previous marriage and we have none of our own). We are worried because our living situation now isnt the best (studio apt for a family is rough). We have a friend who tends to predict these things with surprising accuracy and she said my wife was pregnant. My wife also had a recent dream about giving birth to a ginger boy (though I'm certain I'm only going to produce girls). I did a drawing tonight on our financial situation (good outcome by the way) and when I put my deck back in its bag, I thought I'd pull the top and ask about a baby.

The card I drew was the Ace of Wands. A card I'm taking to mean birth and growth and the wisdom to see it (she has hypothyroidism and it might be hard to tell and/or conceive). Surprised by that answer I drew again. While I only meant to grab 1 card, 2 came with it, The Wheel of Fortune and The Hermit. My take on this is, yes, you're pregnant now (or near Yule) but be prudent and have wisdom (meaning do everything you can with her thyroid meds and prenatal care so this isn't a miscarriage).

As I said I dont usually do one card draws except for a daily meditation card. I know I have been know to project my own desires onto my cards and see what I want rather than what's being said. It doesnt happen often and usually it's only in the interpretation and slant my wants place on that interpretation.

Do any of you think I'm interpreting this incorrectly? Am I just placing our mutual desire for a baby onto the cards and drawing the conclusions I want from them, or is there something to my impressions and interpretations?
May the Gods be with you, and the hand of Fate be a gentle touch to guide you.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Interesting result for a

Post by Firebird »

Hey there! :wave: good to see you again stranger,
Well, the ace of wands would definitely indicate fertility or the beginning of a fertile time.
The wheel could be indicating a span of time, but it also reminds us of the wheel of life, with all things ever coming and going.
The Hermit may be saying to go within, nurture thyself and spirit, be illuminated from within, and thereby going forward with clearer knowledge. This could be in regards to her health.
Course it's always hard to say and harder when it doesn't happen and one wants it so badly. Has she checked with Dr. to be sure what the protocol is with hyperthyroidism should she be pregnant?
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
sylphaxiom

Re: Interesting result for a "yes/no"

Post by sylphaxiom »

We've checked with the doctor and she should be fine. Her thyroid levels will need to be closely monitored, but I'm convinced she won't turn a positive test (something the doc disagrees with me on). She had all the symptoms of pregnancy once before with no positive test and ended up with a miscarriage (or so we believe).

As for the cards, that's essentially how I took them. Meaning if she isnt already pregnant, she will be very soon. Somehow I got a strong impression of Yule and the Father from the Hermit and took that to mean around Yule and this holiday season (her friend thinks she's due in 8 months)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

have you tried a timeline sort of reading? to see what may be in store over the next 36 to 42 weeks?
I lay the cards out like a calendar. spread them out for the rest of the month, record, shuffle do the next month, etc until you reach the month of the due date.
If challenging cards come up in any given month, that may be the times to heed caution.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Make sure her thyroid levels are optimal, not just "in range." Losing a baby due to hypothyroidism is heartbreaking. My Christina would have been 24 in July.
Daughter of Sekhmet
sylphaxiom

Re: Interesting result for a "yes/no"

Post by sylphaxiom »

I haven't thought of doing a calendar spread like that. My spread looking ahead was about our financial situation. The pregnancy was an after throught, but one I should look deeper into.

Return to “Tarot Talk”