Does Anyone Feel Exhausted Using Tarot?

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
MoonFlowerMary

Does Anyone Feel Exhausted Using Tarot?

Post by MoonFlowerMary »

So this has been bugging me for a while. I haven't been as active towards my spirituality and for the past years, have been slowly drifted away from it. And for the life of me, I could never really figure out why. But today, after coming in contact with my old tarot deck and using it, I figured it out. Whenever I would use a tarot deck, or an oracle deck, crystals or any form of divination, I would feel absolutely exhausted afterward and keep feeling fatigued. It was constant in the past and too much, so I had to break away and distance myself. But after a few circumstances, I've recently reconnected with it and with it came a tidal wave of exhaustion with it. I have no idea what this is. Can anyone tell me?
Remember the stars that filled the sky
Remember the moon that shined so high
Remember the tree that was so small
Remember me,
Remember it all
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Does Anyone Feel Exhausted Using Tarot?

Post by Firebird »

Firstly I would like to say welcome back! :wave: it's been a long time.

I have a feeling it may have something to do with opening oneself up in order to receive messages. I suspect some kind of shielding my be necessary but that might block the flow of info to you.
I must away for now nighty-night, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
BlackMirror

Post by BlackMirror »

If you are in touch with spirits when reading it can happen. Prep your space and yourself. Close the reading area when done. Recharge is about all you can do.
barker

Post by barker »

It means you contacted the only reality, which does involve people sleeping, dreaming, letting go... in the dreamworld there are countless billions of souls hurting over whether or not they are all so perfect...

I experience this myself, having done a tarot reading for somebody recently.
MoonFlowerMary

Post by MoonFlowerMary »

firebirdflys wrote:Firstly I would like to say welcome back! :wave: it's been a long time.
Thanks, it's great to be back. :-D

I felt that I had to take a breather for a while and unfournately that meant distance from EUTM. But I'm back now, and it feels great and refreshed. Thanks for all of your responses, I'll take all of them into consideration. I've talked to a close friend about this, and she suggested that I needed to work on my energy. Keeping your suggestions in mind, I've decided to work hard on my energy flow, my shielding, and cleansing my area. Thank you all.

Blessings,
Arisa :)
Remember the stars that filled the sky
Remember the moon that shined so high
Remember the tree that was so small
Remember me,
Remember it all
Coven

Post by Coven »

for some reason it takes a lot out of me to read the card - it seems like a big job and a lot of work -- I guess you could say it's exhausting - that's pretty much the way it feels to me

I try not to overuse them

I like to use them only when there's a strong pull to do so - like when you just have to do it and you can't do anything else until you take care of it -- it's exhausting then as well

but then I am really careful which deck I use -
:-|
Coven

Post by Coven »

so I got a new tarot deck -- it's the everyday witch tarot - I love reading these cards and I don't feel exhausted

I have one tarot deck that makes me feel exhausted and one that doesn't

same with my oracle cards - one deck does and one deck doesn't
:-|

Return to “Tarot Talk”