Is the 4 of cups a perfectionist?

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Ethereal Moon Rose

Is the 4 of cups a perfectionist?

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

I recently did a reading for someone and drew 4 of cups as something about their personality. I know the 4 of cups is known as the contemplation card, but has anyone ever seen it as being a perfectionist? It's definitely the energy I got from in it in this particular reading.

Thoughts?
corvidus

Re: Is the 4 of cups a perfectionist?

Post by corvidus »

I’d say either the person is a perfectionist, or they are prone to think things over until they’re thoughts are ‘perfect’ before acting on them. Basically, trust your intuition and try to extract a deeper meaning from the card :)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Humm, never really thought of it that way, but could see how it may come off as that. Depending on other cards around this one.
I've always thought of it like focusing on past memories so intensely that one is unable to see that cup that is presented on his right. That cup possibly holding the answer, yet he is oblivious to it.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Ethereal Moon Rose

corvidus wrote:I’d say either the person is a perfectionist, or they are prone to think things over until they’re thoughts are ‘perfect’ before acting on them. Basically, trust your intuition and try to extract a deeper meaning from the card :)
Heya Corvidus. Glad I'm not the only one to see it this way.

The 4 of cups looks like someone sulking to me, possibly because things aren't how they want them. Someone not wanting to settle for second best, hence a perfectionist.

I'm learning to listen to my intuition more and more and it's really helping me with my tarot readings.
Ethereal Moon Rose

firebirdflys wrote:Humm, never really thought of it that way, but could see how it may come off as that. Depending on other cards around this one.
I've always thought of it like focusing on past memories so intensely that one is unable to see that cup that is presented on his right. That cup possibly holding the answer, yet he is oblivious to it.
BB, FF
That's another great way to look at it.

The cards surrounding this were King of wands, 9 of wands and Knight of swords.

I felt that this person had a lot of fire energy and was very goal orientated, and the word perfectionist just happened to pop into my head.

Turns out I was spot on, she's a perfectionist. I was kinda shocked haha.
barker

Post by barker »

I have been thinking like this card lately. In the perfectionist sense the figure could be seeking the resolution to self-injury. Of course, you can't injure yourself, only forget about your dreams for a time. On a positive note, the cloud presents a resolution, in accordance with the boy's original dreaming.

He's been eating himself.
Mordinna86

Post by Mordinna86 »

Maybe, yeah. I think it's where you let yourself down- self sabotage, depression, apathy. You don't see what you already have and turn against it, maybe not knowing how much you'll need it. Idealism. Maybe you have ideas above your station, or a calling you feel keenly but can't cope with at the moment.
Last edited by Firebird on Wed May 22, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tapatalk signature advertisement. please remove

Return to “Tarot Talk”