Coming up pentacles

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
tourennatrix

Coming up pentacles

Post by tourennatrix »

I have had a tarot deck for all of about 2 weeks now, and I've done a few spreads to dip my toes in the waters, and something has jumped out at me...

I'm pulling So. Many. Pentacles.

In my first spread, a deck interview, I got 5 of 6 cards as pentacles (I swear I shuffled fist. Lots.). Later, I did a spread to look into shadow work and 5 of the 8 cards were pentacles. Last night I drew a single card because I felt moved to, and it too was a pentacle!

I'm wondering:
(a) what others' impressions of this might be, and

(b) what interpretations of pentacles there are, aside from those dealing with material wealth? While money is certainly a stressor in my life, I use divination for much more psycho-spiritual reflection and have little use for so many 'coin cards' as I currently understand them!

I'm eager to see what you all think :)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Coming up pentacles

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm the first to admit I'm lousy at Tarot.

1. From what I know the position of the card in the layout is the relevancy of the card. So just pentacles isn't enough. It'd be pentacle in relation to it's position.

2. I think pentacles can represent prosperity, material possessions, physical realm manifesting & Earth element associations.

Specifically in a get-acquainted reading a predominance of pentacles might suggest your relationship with the deck is establishing it's footing, it's ground level foundation. Those are all extensions of earth element.
tourennatrix

Re: Coming up pentacles

Post by tourennatrix »

For sure the position of the card is the main thing, but I've heard about taking in "the bigger picture" and looking at the synergy of the spread as a whole.

I think I took from it that the deck would be very grounding (earth element) and there was potential for prosperity (in one way or another) with working with the deck.

Return to “Tarot Talk”