Need help interpreting reading

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Ethereal Moon Rose

Need help interpreting reading

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

I am a newbie at tarot and I did this past, present and future reading today.

Overall I think it's a rather positive reading but I am struggling with interpreting it, mainly the queen of swords. (I am feeling a little scatter brained today though, so probably not the best time to do a reading!!).

Here is how I interpret it:

The queen of swords in the past represents a decision that was made about something that affects the present. It wasn't an impulsive decision. It was well thought through with the information I had at the time.

The IX of pentacles in the present represents contentment with how things are right now. But also longing for something more/different.

The king of pentacles in the future represents an achievement of some sort. Whether to do with wealth or material things. The king also represents someone in my life helping me achieve that goal.
Attachments
20180607_101507-797x634.jpg
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Need help interpreting reading

Post by SpiritTalker »

So, um...what did you need help deciphering? Seems like you've made a fair interpretation.
I personally suck at tarot or anything I have to memorize, so I just let the pictures talk and to me they said, authoritative mother figure - the self - and a beneficent father figure...
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Without knowing your specific question, it's difficult to know if your interpretation is correct. I think the longing for something different/more, is probably a healthy sign of continued growth in your life.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Karma Khaos

Post by Karma Khaos »

I would read this as: in the past, you had an idea / epiphany that you found emotionally satisfying (QoS) but have yet to act on it because you're currently comfortable with your life as it is (9P). The KoP card suggests that if you did invest something into that idea, (also possibly the 9 of Pentacles) you have the potential to turn it into something very satisfying.

Sorry if that's off, but without a specific question, it's difficult to know which area of your life that reading is pointing to.
Ethereal Moon Rose

Thanks!! That does help a lot.

I didn't really have a specific question in mind, just 'what do I need to know now?' kinda thing.

I didn't know learning the tarot would be so overwhelming :anxious:
Crazy Cat Lady

Post by Crazy Cat Lady »

Lol, it's not that bad. Just do little readings for yourself a few times a day, especially ones you can verify the answers to...like how will my visit go tomorrow? What do I need to know about my doctors appointment on monday? Write down your question, what spread you used, the cards you got, and your interpretation of them. Try to string them into a little story. Also every so often just go through your deck and look at each card, think about how you feel about the imagery, look up the meaning. Very soon you will start to recognize and remember some of them! When you feel ready, if you have someone who would like readings done- just little silly ones- get together and have a tarot party ;) Have fun!
Ethereal Moon Rose

Yeah, I've been doing daily one card readings. So far happy with the results and I'm not struggling to interpret them.

But today I got a court card! Now those are another story lol.

Return to “Tarot Talk”