Tarot Newbie

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Melby

Tarot Newbie

Post by Melby »

Hello!

So, I have been learning the meaning of tarot cards and type of spreads and have been making much progress. I mostly learn online and have not had my first physical deck. Like all beginners, I am not sure which deck to purchase because while I learnt tarot using the Rider-Waite system, I am not fond of the deck at all. Furthermore, it is pricy for me just for a pack of cards as I am a broke student. I am looking for cheaper and more interesting alternatives and wish someone could help me with that.

Another question is that how would I know if my skills are getting better? I can memorise and have a generalised idea of the cards I draw but I am uncertain about how accurate it is. I know it is all about intuition but can anybody let me know how I can improve my intuition skills instead of memorising skills. I hope to help people with tarot. Thank you.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Tarot Newbie

Post by SpiritTalker »

You could print out a deck (& cut out the pictures) that you've been studying with to practice on, or make a pendulum to use. Meditation also helps open the intuitive faculties. Sensing the life force within plants opens us to the level of sensitivity that intuition operates on. Mentally "reading" comes in a wide range of flavors. The more you flex those muscles the easier it gets to discern.

Play games with yourself and teasingly foresee what is around a corner before you get there, who is on the other side of a closed door, what color car you'll see next, or what someone in class will be wearing at the next session. These games can be little meditations, in which you center yourself and make the mental inquiry, then let your mind supply an image on your head-screen. & ground afterwards for stability. Practice, practice.

Never mind if your guess is wrong, because sooner or later you'll be right. And when you are, pay attention to what it felt like when you "foresaw", and how it is different from the wrong guesses.
You're training yourself to be aware or those subtle changes we call intuition.
barker

Post by barker »

I have a rider-waite deck: destiny and the failure to be understood. Tarot is magical... like it calls everyone in ur life equal. It is also spot on if you want to help others. The more magical you feel you are, the better it will all go. Get the deck that looks like that , magical , to you.
Melby

Post by Melby »

Thanks barker I will. Thanks Spirit for all the wise and extremely helpful replies. :)

Return to “Tarot Talk”