Tarot Cards' Box Ripped, What Do I Do About It?

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
hawkflower

Tarot Cards' Box Ripped, What Do I Do About It?

Post by hawkflower »

I went to a local pagan shop in Ashland, Oregon where I am visiting and I had no intention of buying cards. I was having a hard time deciding which things to buy, since I didn't want to buy many items since I am not as active with them and it could be a waste of money.

I was roaming around the store and I found the tarot section. As I looked at the packs one really caught my attention the "Tarot Art Nouveau" by Antonella Castelli. I was blown away by the art and felt a connection with the cards. I placed my other items back and bought it.

I went, and currently am at lunch with my mother. I decided that I wanted to show her the art as I was very very excited about it. I have never felt such a connection with any deck before. So I tried to remove the actual card deck from inside the box and it would not come out. I tried to shake it, pull it lightly and as I tried the top of the card box ripped. It is not a huge tare but it is noticeable.

I am worried, do the cards not like me? Is it just the packaging and I am overreacting? Also what do I do about the tear? Do I put tape over it, or do a certain chant, or just leave it?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Tarot Cards' Box Ripped, What Do I Do About It?

Post by SpiritTalker »

You might be hyper due to the emotional connection you feel to the artwork of the deck. A rip is easily fixed, but it does give some breathing space. Cards are always tight in a new deck, partly static cling. I've never had a box that didn't look beat up while the deck remained pristine.
nightshroud

Post by nightshroud »

oh yes this has happened to me least 4-5 times with my tarot deck I pick it cards go everywhere what I do is I center myself then pick up the cards
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.
SilverBird

Post by SilverBird »

If the tear is just on the box of the cards don't worry too much about it.

To be honest, I no longer even notice the boxes since I starting using styled Tarot bags.

If it helps, find a tarot bag (you can find a large selection on amazon) that resonates with your cards.

That way rather than looking at the box, you'll just be looking at the new tarot bag they sit in
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

The boxes never last anyways so no worries. I usually get a small drawstring bag to keep my cards in.

Rosie
Astro Logical 1

Post by Astro Logical 1 »

I don't personally believe that your tools can dislike you, so it's something I wouldn't consider an omen. Kinda like when you're opening a bag of Doritos and they blow out across the room. It's just an indicator of how you are doing in that moment on that day.
A bit of packing tape and it should be good as new.
You're golden
Love and Blessings
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Sellatape and thin card usually does the trick... Not so keen on card bags yet I love a perfectly scaled wooden card box.

Accidents aren't usually portents but happenstance - which still happens y'know even to witches. If there is a 'witchy' lesson to learn however it is: learn to react well and evolve forward from setbacks. I tend to think when something gets accidently broken beyond repair that its reached the end of its 'lifespan' and adapt to use it for other things or seek new ones.
Aizopen

Post by Aizopen »

I recommend creating by hand a case or satchel to hold the new cards in. Something handmade always strengthens the connection
BlackMirror

Post by BlackMirror »

Most people find a bag or box to keep theirs in. The cards may be more ready for you to use than it being a bad sign. Even if just temporary wrap them in something pretty till you find a permanent way to store them.

Return to “Tarot Talk”