Fear During Tarot

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Oddball

Fear During Tarot

Post by Oddball »

I keep getting scared during tarot and I have no idea why. I feel like something's out to get me, even though I'm perfectly fine after readings. I've been surrounded by stones and protection candles, and I still get the willies. Is it just me being a nervous person (doing this at night, in a basement, hiding from parents, being a fan of horror movies?) or are the cards/stones telling /me/ to go away. Are readings just not meant for me? Am I doing something wrong?
Ashrend

Re: Fear During Tarot

Post by Ashrend »

It could be fear of what the tarot cards could say, that your mind is already linked with the future but your conscious mind can not access it. Like how animals can know of a disaster coming but not physically know what it is. Not to scare you aware from such news, just that it could be big. I would read the cards anyway and just see what happens, you know your spiritually protected and your home is safe so there isn't anything to lose , only knowledge to gain x
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Could be a mix and noticeable because you turn your spidey senses on...Eeek, what'll come down if caught...subterranean chamber, etc. Try going outdoors with the same deck, in daylight, and see if it's the same.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Just curious ...why were you hiding from your parents?

corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Kassandra wrote:.

Just curious ...why were you hiding from your parents?

I see this being the reason why. You're hiding out of fear of being found out, so the energy carries over throughout the reading.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

You guys might be onto something here. Things are scarier if we see them as forbidden.

A few reason why I hide this from my parents:
- My mom doesn't knock. Just comes right into my room. She's working on it though. Still no knock, but at least she'll say, "Hey there!" before opening the door sometimes. :wink:
- They're Catholic, I'm not. We have an unofficial truce. They have accepted me not going to church, I tag along during holidays, we have nice discussions over religion. I don't think they'd call me a demon or kick me out of the house if they knew I was practicing with a tarot deck/oracle cards. They'd probably give me some side-eye and wonder what the heck I'm doing, more out of "are these people trying to con you out of your money" than "are you summoning the Devil."
-One of my family members has a drinking problem. I don't like interacting with them during these times, especially when I am trying to ask sensitive, personal questions.
- I'm an overly pliant person. usually I go with what my family tells me to do. Card-reading is one of the few things I have for myself. I like to keep it personal.
- I don't know whether to believe in my card-reading abilities sometimes. I'll often look at the cards in utter confusion, especially oracle cards. I don't even know whether to believe in a higher power sometimes. This is kind of painful. I don't want someone witnessing this.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

You should look into the Catholic religion a bit deeper, it's one of the most "magickal" ones behind the scenes ;)
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Self doubt + change, fear, and the subconscious are all linked;

Work on your self doubt, which is also standing up for yourself
and your beliefs openly, and defining your sacred and private
space requirements, and the fear will disappear.

Best to you on your path.

P.S.
I was raised Catholic, and rebelled at thirteen, so I know, and
my father had anger issues, my mother was extremely submissive
to him.
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

corvidus wrote:You should look into the Catholic religion a bit deeper, it's one of the most "magickal" ones behind the scenes ;)
A lot more than people realize, and I am talking about what I know from the ancient code I work with, which underlies the Old Witchcraft and Catholicism.
nightshroud

Post by nightshroud »

heres what I do before each reading I say I got this aint nobody gonna slow me down may Gaia selene and helios watch over me!
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.

Return to “Tarot Talk”