Has THIS happened to anyone else?

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
MamaMagpie

Has THIS happened to anyone else?

Post by MamaMagpie »

Hi Everyone!

And Good Afternoon to you all! I have a little story here about my Tarot cards and I was hoping someone has had a similar experience.

I use the Crowley deck, 78 cards and regularly do three card readings for folks. I shuffle well before each reading whilst connecting to the Universe and holding the question/ query in my mind. My shuffling technique is at the end of this blurb.

So, two weeks ago I did a basic three-card reading for my own mama and pulled the cards: The Ace of Wands, The Chariot and 8 of Cups (Indolence)

Anyways!

Last night I do a reading (first time since my mother's two weeks ago) and pull the cards and turn them over.
Not only are they the SAME CARDS as my mother's reading but they are in the SAME ORDER

I contacted my mathematician friend and he said the odds of this happening are over one in 2 million..... I mean... Wow. I put the cards down and had a small freak out.

Has this happened to anyone else??

Let's Talk!!

- Mama - x -

Shuffle technique:
1) Shuffle all cards (general shuffle)
2) Split deck into three segments
3) Shuffle EACH segment THREE times each (so 9 times total)
4) Shuffle entire deck again
5) Split the deck 9 times
6) Shuffle entire deck a final time
7) lay them out as follows: [Card 2] [Card 1] [Card 3] (as per the instructions).

*Shuffle:
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Re: Has THIS happened to anyone else?

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Heya Mama Magpie

No not that, yet some very interesting synchronicities. However, I would ask you to look at yourself and your mother and see any similarities in Will Force and how you use it. Is there anything you can think of where you are so intertwined in that energy center you would generate the possibility matrix to inform you of that linkage ?

However, we know Crowley loved gematria...

And 213 = strangeness

( just for a laugh )

( the sequence of laying out the cards )
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Not pulling the same 3 cards in the exact same order, but I have frequently had experiences where the same card keeps on recurring in every spread that I do for a while (which of course also has a very small probability of happening randomly), until I have learned what that card was trying to tell me. Other tarot readers I have met report similar things. That's why I've really stopped questioning the nature of the Tarot. I used to believe that it was just random chance but it helps me think differently; now I am fully convinced that there is something deeper going on in the Tarot that explains why the results are beyond just random probability.

You may be having an issue with psychic residue being left on the cards, which is why you drew the same cards as your mother. The cards still retained some of her energy and so you were still partially reading for her. Once, I was reading the tarot for my coven, and the same card kept on recurring for two of my covenmates (who are in a relationship), even though they were asking different questions and were shuffling inbetween. Someone else in my coven, who is very gifted psychically, taught us that if you knock on the deck between readings, it helps clear the energy so that you won't have that problem anymore. That's really worked for me.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I have had cards come up repeatedly. I am the only one who touches my decks, so in my case it isn't from someone else's energy. It's an interesting experience though.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
MamaMagpie

Post by MamaMagpie »

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a peaceful night. I unfortunately have a very big ovarian cyst making me feel very unwell and tired but I can't sleep :'(

Thank you all for your replies - I will definitely have to try knocking on them before I use them again.
Like you all, I have cards that pop up a lot of the time, no matter how well I shuffle (this actually led to me shuffling as thoroughly as I do as I thought I was doing it wrong but no... The Universe just likes giving me the same cards haha), but it's never happened that I get the same cards, same sequence in two independent readings.

My mother and I... I don't know how alike we are. We have a lot of conflict between our personalities and I can get very sad because of it, but I can't seem to ever break ties with her. It's like I just put up with the comments and attitude because... I don't know. Just because. I just learnt she's off for two weeks starting tomorrow (teaching assistant) and she's not booked any flights or made any arrangements to see baby Si. He's comingup to eight months now and she's still not been out to see him and every time it's brought up, I'm the one who has to go to the UK with a baby, on my own and see everyone. I just want her to see him first but she never seems to get it.

I wonder if this unresolved issue is playing a big part in it?

I tried to resolve it a few days ago by explaining that if I were to travel to the UK, Wolf would have to fly with me. I don't want to travel alone, with all the baby stuff (and baby) on a 24 hour journey over 5000 miles. There are transfers and all sorts, plus I want my family to meet him (they haven't met Wolf yet, either). But this fell on deaf ears and she never replied to it. Well, she replied to the email, but not to anything I said. It was as if I never wrote it.

I would try to ask the cards again but I wonder if the same thing will happen? Right now I feel too sick and tired to even try... I'm feeling more worried everyday that something bad is afoot :'(

Goodnight, everyone, and sorry for rambling.
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Honestly Mama Magpie

Sure sounds like an indolence issue going on there, and as it is between you
and her when it comes down to it, I have no doubt there is a connection to the dual reading.

Just my feeling and opinion , and what my hit was when you first posted

Good fortune dealing with it...hope you feel better !
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I really don't think this has anything to do with sloth or laziness.
I have no idea what your history with family is like but I would guess mum never went out of her way for you much. And if she wasn't doing it when you were younger she isn't likely to change her spots. You don't appear to lazy in this endeavor in fact it appears as though you are much more pro-active than her. As much as you might not want to hear this, I say stay home. Do not bend over backward for her, you're the one that just had a baby...she should be bending backward for You.
The reading could mean just that
1) ace of wands...beginning of a new way of fostering growth
2) the Chariot. ..to me this represents a balance in duality, though Could also be the two of you seemingly opposed under the same sky. Seeing things black and white. Or that you are mirroring each other in some way.
3) 8 od cups...I see this card as seraching for new way of expressing oneself Or turning ones back on the old emotional ways and the seeking the new.

I don't use the Thoth deck so this is my own bent on your reading.
Hope you are feeling better, a cyst can be excruciating. .take good care.
Many blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

I as well do not think it is sloth or laziness yet indolence as well has meaning of disinclined toward activity or interest by a number of sources which is how her mother is appearing to be dealing with the situation with her.

I agree if her health is not good on top of everything else. Mama's energy should be concentrated on her healing and home and hearth.

She and Si and Wolf need her well.
MamaMagpie

Post by MamaMagpie »

Hi Again,
Thank you for your input, Firebird, that gave me a little confidence. I just wish I knew what to do. I arrived in the USA over a year ago, and decided to marry and stay and have my little boy, and be together as a family. She uses that against me ''Well, YOU'RE the one who went over there without telling anyone'' (she and I were not talking at the time).

But in April last year, I told her I was having baby Si, I told her my due date, I kept her up to date with his development and also informed her when I was in labour (he arrived about 3 weeks early- Aug 13th). She said she'd be out August 25th to see him and I asked for a little space and time to settle into a routine with the newborn and she agreed. She said she'd visit in October, but when it came to it, nothing was good enough.

She didn't like any of the hotels in our little town, didn't want to stay at the beach, didn't want to stay with any locals. The nearest airport is 4 hours one-way (8 hour round trip - Norfolk, VA). Then it was ''Oh, get Wolf to drive you and Si up to Norfolk, we can all just stay there for a week. But you have to find the hotel and Wolf can't stay with us because I want it to be just family''. I said no. Needless to say, that visit didn't happen. Neither did a Christmas visit, nor a Feb visit, and now she's off for Easter for two weeks, again no visit.
My sister in law moved out here before Christmas, so there's a spare room and I wasted no time in telling Mum about this. I also reminded her again, recently. No response.

I may be sounding spoilt, but she works full-time, she also get a very healthy widows allowance since my Step Dad died and in the last 18 months she's had cosmetic surgery (done privately - a tummy tuck) and paid 6,000.00 GBP for a new bathroom. She said she needs a new roof this year and wants to know ASAP if she can visit in summer or not (because her friend had cancelled their summer holiday). Whenever she wants to buy baby Si something, I say we don't really need it, she says things like ''Oh, but I've missed out on everything so far....''

Wolf brings in maybe 800.00 USD a month, so we have to live with his Dad and I've had no luck with job hunting. We can't afford even a little passport for Baby.

Sorry, I really, really had to get this off my chest. It goes round and round in my head and it makes me cry and lose sleep.

I feel so sorry for Baby Si. He's 5000 miles away from all his English family and none of them have come to see him. He only ever sees my face and Wolf's face when he's home I'm worried I'll damage Baby in some way by not taking him to visit his family.
I feel like a terrible mother and maybe I should just go and visit, at least he'll have new people to look at?

:'(

- Mama - x-
MamaMagpie

Post by MamaMagpie »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:I as well do not think it is sloth or laziness yet indolence
as well has meaning of disinclined toward activity or interest
by a number of sources which is how her mother is appearing
to be dealing with the situation with her

I agree if her health is not good on top of everything else
Mama's energy should be concentrated on her healing and
home and hearth

She and Si and Wolf need her well

---Hi Blackwolf,---
I do try to keep positive but it's hard being on my own so much. Wolf is fantastic with Baby and always makes sure he has everything he needs and makes sure I get time alone, too. I don't know what I would do without him.
But everything seems to point to my mother not wanting to meet Wolf at all and not considering him part of the family.

That breaks my heart.
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Is there any type of mother's or women's support group in your area, Mama Magpie?

Some feminine support could do wonders for your psyche and add to the love and feedback for Si. I have been in similar situations where parents were very exclusionary and it took a lot for my partner to let go of the family ties when they became dysfunctional and did not give her the support she needed and asked for.

Yet in the end she became a stronger soul and grew more into what she was not what they wanted her to be for them
( Wands can represent directing of *will* force as can the Chariot )

The emotional tug of war can be draining and sometimes one must just cut the cord as a witch might say.
Do check into any local female support as that truly could help

I hold good thoughts for you and family as you know!
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

For me once I was shuffling the cards for a question, a card fell out and it was 3 of swords, I pick it up and continue shuffling while thinking of the question...I ask the question and now I pick a card...the card was the 3 of swords...I was freaked out (in a positive manner) :) I consider tarot a partner and not a tool, they seem to be alive somehow.
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Coven

Post by Coven »

my cards are beyond magic -- my cards do amazing things - it really is magic
:-|

Return to “Tarot Talk”