Drew 6 of Cups this card is confusing

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
ErisDysnomia

Drew 6 of Cups this card is confusing

Post by ErisDysnomia »

So back story short after bothering my friend who I am in love with for over an hour this morning and gushing about my feelings. Then crying, and then calming down and doing a three card spread with the question "What is the future in love with [name]?"

I drew Knight of Pentacles, Knight of Cup, and 6 of Cups. Clarifying card on the 6 of Cups is 6 of Wands

I don't really understand the 6 of Cup I guess to me it seems like as a future card it could be that he will love me, as least that is my first instinct.

This is my second time drawing this card with him, the first time the question was what was the future of our relationship and it was before I told him I loved him.
ErisDysnomia

Re: Drew 6 of Cups this card is confusing

Post by ErisDysnomia »

Well he ended up using me, and dashing out of my life and I have sent him a message about how I hope Karma gets him so... I assume 6 of cups is not a good card at all...
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Here's my take on the reading.
Course now there is perspective through out come, but maybe this will help clarify for you.
1. Knight of pent
2. Knight of cup
3. 6 cups. ..clarifying- 6 wands.

I read like this, 1. Situation, 2. Action, 3. Outcome

1. The man who appears to have it all, may have a darker side, though he looks to the future he is there to announce change into unknown realms, could be an underworld journey or a good look at what make ones self rich (not necessarily monetary but could be)
2. Movement into the future is wrought with much emotion, fluidity is what will make or break this relationship. His wishing to be fluid or your being emotional. An opportunity or proposal (in this case you may have poured too much of your cup out) and the potential to be fooled into the "idea" of something is great because ...and this is just my take , The first two cards are knights, black and white which feels like a sense of all or nothing, they both face to the right which is a sign of moving forward, but because of the opposition in color, and then the outcome card ...
3. Is that nostalgic feeling of all things good and memories of the wonderful and innocent, but it cautions not to be swept into this as indicated by a large X behind the young boy.
Clarifying card. Generally the victor triumphant though also the bringer of great news this card however abundant in it's glory displays a ring of honor, within the ring observe whether this is "expectation crowned with it's own desire" (a.e. Waite)
Also drawing from Waites book is meanings of repeating cards which we have with 2 knights, and 2 sixes.
2 knights indicates intimacy...2 sixes are irritability
In looking at the spread then over all it wouldn't appear horrible, though looking at the finer nuances I would say it indicates trouble or at least the potential for it.
With both the knight of cups and the 6 of wands being hoped for outcomes, perhaps grounded in a idea of how things should be one can ovoid future turmoile from someone who may not be the best in the long run.
Does that make any sense?
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Nice reading, FF, very detailed.

ErisDysnomia

Post by ErisDysnomia »

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense. I put a lot of stock in how things used to be between me and him when we were teenagers. We had been very good friends. He painted my toenails, drew on me, we wrote our names in the sidewalk inside a big heart, and did all sort of couple-ish things together but neither of us had made a move in the past. We had gone through much of the same hardships around the same periods in life, I went through the list of criteria for Twin Flames/Soul Mates and he fit the bill so I put much of my own emotional stock into thinking he was the one... he promised he would be after I confronted him about how I felt and how him disappearing a few months ago made me feel.

He promised he would be different, he wanted to try for me and seemed to put in effort at first but ended up getting close just to use me for sex and disappear again.

Return to “Tarot Talk”