Spirit Guides Spread by Barbara Moore

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
samikcha

Spirit Guides Spread by Barbara Moore

Post by samikcha »

Guys.. wishing u a happy New Year :-* and I tried this spread Spirit Guides Spread and I had six Major Arcana cards and one court card and so I feel I have five spirit guides and is this even possible. Intuitively I took all my major arcana and court cards as my spirit guides and then one of the major arcana cards was "The Devil". Generally I get goosebumps when I see this card but when this card appeared in the reading I did not get this spooky feeling. I felt this was a lesson and my spirit guide but could not get any insight from it. Got a mental block. Guys if you try this spread please let me know because I never worked with spirit guides and seem like I have a group of them..( still guessing intuitively... haha)

love love love:*
samikcha

Re: Spirit Guides Spread by Barbara Moore

Post by samikcha »

samikcha wrote:Guys.. wishing u a happy New Year :-* and I tried this spread Spirit Guides Spread and I had six Major Arcana cards and one court card and so I feel I have five spirit guides and is this even possible. Intuitively I took all my major arcana and court cards as my spirit guides and then one of the major arcana cards was "The Devil". Generally I get goosebumps when I see this card but when this card appeared in the reading I did not get this spooky feeling. I felt this was a lesson and my spirit guide but could not get any insight from it. Got a mental block. Guys if you try this spread please let me know because I never worked with spirit guides and seem like I have a group of them..( still guessing intuitively... haha)

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I don't know anything about Tarot readings, so on that, i can't comment; but it do know we often have more than one guide. Some stay to assistnwith a temporary issue, then move on; some specialize with health and spiritual teaching; others assist in the mundane and might even prompt great inventors and cooks.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Hi Samikcha, It's entirely possible to have a "spiritual team" guiding and helping you. Can you tell me more about the spread? I'd like to understand the spread better, to better try and help answer your question.

Rosie
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

SpiritTalker wrote:but it do know we often have more than one guide. Some stay to assistnwith a temporary issue, then move on; some specialize with health and spiritual teaching; others assist in the mundane and might even prompt great inventors and cooks.
ST,do you know something like a guide for dummies for finding your spirit guides? And is it possible to know which one of them is permanent and not?
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Gee, anything Ive read would be so long ago. C.W. Leadbeater and Joseph Weed (Wisdom of the Mystic Masters) were prolific occult authors, Theosophists, who I'd read. They cover lots of topics. I'd have to do just as you would, browse Amazon, and the Internet for info in spirit-guides. Find something like "Three Easy Steps to Meet Your Guides." There are modern mediums who have written guide books. Ted Andrews is a pretty good writer and has one. I haven't read any of them so couldn't recommend one over another.

The way I became aware of my "main" spirit guide was through dreams. Since early childhood, there was the same familiar face that appeared and led me to visit people who would teach me things. So at least i knew of his existence before I later learned of the concept of spirit guides when I went to college. It was there that I learned through a medium (and a confirming, waking vision) about his story, our association in a former life, how he died. Of course I can't prove it, but that doesn't mean I don't accept it. That's the way most psychically acquired info is.

There are the usual meditation methods, center and ask.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Thanks,I will try. That sounds simple enough for me :-D
The only things that I see in my dreams all over again are the wolf and a boy(my unborn brother...I wrote about him in my dream section)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Ted Andrews is a Pagan Author, and also has a book on connecting with your animal guide, I think it's called Animal Speak. I looked at Amazon, and see he now has one on spirit guides too.
samikcha

Post by samikcha »

SpiritTalker wrote:I don't know anything about Tarot readings, so on that, i can't comment; but it do know we often have more than one guide. Some stay to assistnwith a temporary issue, then move on; some specialize with health and spiritual teaching; others assist in the mundane and might even prompt great inventors and cooks.
Thank you...so there can be more than one... ok

samikcha

Post by samikcha »

RosieMoonflower wrote:Hi Samikcha, It's entirely possible to have a "spiritual team" guiding and helping you. Can you tell me more about the spread? I'd like to understand the spread better, to better try and help answer your question.

Rosie
The book where I found the spread Tarot Spreads: layouts and techniques to empower your reading by Barbara Moore .
Cards 1–9 are laid out and interpreted first. Depending on what is found there, additional cards may not be necessary. Shuffle as usual and deal out cards 1–9. Card 1 always represents the querent’s state of mind regarding the expectations of (or attitude toward) his or her spirit guides.

Guidelines for cards 2–9:

Any Major Arcana or court cards represent the spirit guides. Rely on your intuition to determine which are which.The minors can represent several situations: the querent's relationship with the guides, what the guides want to do, how they interact, or possibly the answer to a specific question put to the guides if one was asked.The cards closest to the card representing a guide relate most closely with that guide. Again, intuition will play an important role in interpreting this spread.

If there are no spirit guides present in cards 2–9, lay out cards a–p and interpret as above. The biggest difference here is that cards 2–9 are then interpreted as spiritual Cards 1–9 are laid out and interpreted first. Depending on what is found there, additional cards may not be necessary. Shuffle as usual and deal out cards 1–9. Card 1 always represents the querent’s state of mind regarding the expectations of (or attitude toward) his or her spirit guides.

Any Major Arcana or court cards represent the spirit guides. Rely on your intuition to determine which are which.The minors can represent several situations: the querent’s relationship with the guides, what the guides want to do, how they interact, or possibly the answer to a specific question put to the guides if one was asked.The cards closest to the card representing a guide relate most closely with that guide. Again, intuition will play an important role in interpreting this spread.

If there are no spirit guides present in cards 2–9, lay out cards a–p and interpret as above. The biggest difference here is that cards 2–9 are then interpreted as spiritual work that the client must complete or interference that must be overcome before close communication with the guide or guides can be established.

If there are no guides present even in cards a–p, the querent has much spiritual work to do yet to clear away the interference before any useful identification or contact can be made. Help the querent establish some action steps to take in these areas and advise a follow- up reading after a set amount of time.

samikcha

Post by samikcha »

samikcha wrote:
RosieMoonflower wrote:Hi Samikcha, It's entirely possible to have a "spiritual team" guiding and helping you. Can you tell me more about the spread? I'd like to understand the spread better, to better try and help answer your question.

Rosie
The book where I found the spread Tarot Spreads: layouts and techniques to empower your reading by Barbara Moore .
Cards 1–9 are laid out and interpreted first. Depending on what is found there, additional cards may not be necessary. Shuffle as usual and deal out cards 1–9. Card 1 always represents the querent’s state of mind regarding the expectations of (or attitude toward) his or her spirit guides.

Any Major Arcana or court cards represent the spirit guides. Rely on your intuition to determine which are which.The minors can represent several situations: the querent's relationship with the guides, what the guides want to do, how they interact, or possibly the answer to a specific question put to the guides if one was asked.The cards closest to the card representing a guide relate most closely with that guide. Again, intuition will play an important role in interpreting this spread.

If there are no spirit guides present in cards 2–9, lay out cards a–p and interpret as above. The biggest difference here is that cards 2–9 are then interpreted as spiritual Cards 1–9 are laid out and interpreted first. Depending on what is found there, additional cards may not be necessary. Shuffle as usual and deal out cards 1–9. Card 1 always represents the querent’s state of mind regarding the expectations of (or attitude toward) his or her spirit guides.

Any Major Arcana or court cards represent the spirit guides. Rely on your intuition to determine which are which.The minors can represent several situations: the querent’s relationship with the guides, what the guides want to do, how they interact, or possibly the answer to a specific question put to the guides if one was asked.The cards closest to the card representing a guide relate most closely with that guide. Again, intuition will play an important role in interpreting this spread.

If there are no spirit guides present in cards 2–9, lay out cards a–p and interpret as above. The biggest difference here is that cards 2–9 are then interpreted as spiritual work that the client must complete or interference that must be overcome before close communication with the guide or guides can be established.

If there are no guides present even in cards a–p, the querent has much spiritual work to do yet to clear away the interference before any useful identification or contact can be made. Help the querent establish some action steps to take in these areas and advise a follow- up reading after a set amount of time.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58724e14963 ... 59-34.png?
This is the pic of the Spirit Guides layout...

samikcha

Post by samikcha »

SpiritTalker wrote:Gee, anything Ive read would be so long ago. C.W. Leadbeater and Joseph Weed (Wisdom of the Mystic Masters) were prolific occult authors, Theosophists, who I'd read. They cover lots of topics. I'd have to do just as you would, browse Amazon, and the Internet for info in spirit-guides. Find something like "Three Easy Steps to Meet Your Guides." There are modern mediums who have written guide books. Ted Andrews is a pretty good writer and has one. I haven't read any of them so couldn't recommend one over another.

The way I became aware of my "main" spirit guide was through dreams. Since early childhood, there was the same familiar face that appeared and led me to visit people who would teach me things. So at least i knew of his existence before I later learned of the concept of spirit guides when I went to college. It was there that I learned through a medium (and a confirming, waking vision) about his story, our association in a former life, how he died. Of course I can't prove it, but that doesn't mean I don't accept it. That's the way most psychically acquired info is.

There are the usual meditation methods, center and ask.
I will try and read anything by Ted Andrews ... thank you ;)

RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Ahh, yes, I see. Thanks you for the additional info. Having Death in this spread isn't bad. I would say it represents an entity on your spirit team that helps you during transition periods in your life. The death card represents moving on from a situation that no longer suits our needs, or it can represent transitioning from one situation into another and being okay with the change that comes along with that. So I would interpret getting the death card in this spread as a spirit that helps during those times. Hope that helps!

Rosie
samikcha

Post by samikcha »

RosieMoonflower wrote:Ahh, yes, I see. Thanks you for the additional info. Having Death in this spread isn't bad. I would say it represents an entity on your spirit team that helps you during transition periods in your life. The death card represents moving on from a situation that no longer suits our needs, or it can represent transitioning from one situation into another and being okay with the change that comes along with that. So I would interpret getting the death card in this spread as a spirit that helps during those times. Hope that helps!

Rosie
What about the Devil card??

RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Oh my.. I'm sorry, I was thinking you had gotten "Death". In any case "The Devil" is similar in that it represents addiction and temptation. It's about being bound to something that isn't good for you. So maybe that spirit guide helps you with those types of issues, and guides you to free yourself from these binding negative forces.

Rosie

Return to “Tarot Talk”