Questions about Tarot?

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
creativemind243

Questions about Tarot?

Post by creativemind243 »

Hello again! I apologize for having so many questions, but I'm new to this and I don't really have anywhere else I can go to get advice ^^

Okay, how many questions do you guys do per reading? And when you do a reading, do you have specific things you do to prepare, or do you just go for it?
There is a battle of two wolves inside us; one is evil, It is jealousy, greed, and lies. The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, kindness, and truth. The one that wins?
The one you feed.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Questions about Tarot?

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Hello! I'll try to help here if I can. Most of the time I stick to one question per reading, but I usually stick to only a few different spreads and I don't use any that answer 2 or 3 different things. One of the best spreads to start with is a simple 3 card spread, representing past, present, and future. As you improve you can change up the spread and make it a choice making spread, choice A outcome, Choice B outcome and factors surround the decision being made, or something like that.

Prior to a reading I like to say a prayer and ask for protection. I imagine myself surround in white light that protects me and keep negative energy and entities away. I shuffle the cards while I focus on the question being asked in my reading. I usually cut the deck 3 ways right before I lay out the spread. That's just what I do but you can create your own style, shuffling is all that is required. I also prefer to be alone when I do a reading, again, that may be a personal preference. Feel free to ask more questions.

Rosie
Vesca

Re: Questions about Tarot?

Post by Vesca »

One question or situation per reading. But it could be a pretty broad spanning question. Depends on the spread being used.

I have a routine for pre, present, and post-readings that basically developed by doing readings frequently over time. You develop your own style, your own routines, what makes you comfortable.

Return to “Tarot Talk”