Potential new tarot decks..

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Just sharing a few links I found on the Aeclectic Tarot site. What do you all think? Anyone have insight on any of these decks? Or, anyone have a better suggestion? Thanks!

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/animism/

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/bo ... mal-tarot/

I'm drawn to this one which is odd because it isn't very colorful: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/watcher-angel/

But, I think my most favorite so far on that site is this: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/ps ... the-heart/

Rosie
Becks

Re: Potential new tarot decks..

Post by Becks »

Those are all really lovely. I love that particular website as a great resource. All the tarot decks are reviewed....plus all of the resources on spreads and card meaning....it's awesome.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Yes, I agree. It's been fun going through and looking at all the different decks. It's great to have them all collected in one place. But, I'm sure there are others not on the list that I need to check out as well before purchase.

Rosie
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

oooh a new deck!! How exciting, I am a bit of a tarot mad person, I collect decks I like.

So sorry for jumping in here, what kind of deck do you like? Do you have or use the Rider Waite Smith deck or the Universal Waite? They are among my favourites as they are so easy to read.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

I'm not sure the difference Ivy? I've always called it a "rider-Waite inspired" deck. It was the spiral deck by Kay Stephenson. I don't have the full set anymore because I'm a dummy.. I left my cards outside in a full moon and didn't think to check the weather.. There was a storm and over a handful flew out of my yard and were never found. I'm sad about it but I'm ready to move on and get a new deck.

Rosie
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

The Spiral is a great deck, and it is inspired by the Rider Waite deck, but what shame. In the past I have contacted the publisher and they seem quite happy to send the odd card or two, sounds like time to move on though.
Those decks above will need more learning than for instance the Universal Waite or the Golden Waite .
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

I think I'm going to get this one! Very simple, very pretty! http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/crystal-visions/

Rosie
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

I can not not not stop thinking about this deck! I read the review and the negatives were that it is too feminine & there was a missed opportunity to add more to the imagery and symbolism, and I agree but I don't care! I actually LOVE the simplicity of them, they are so easy to read. This website lets me look at all the cards and I've just really fallen for them. I'll be ordering them when get paid next. http://www.jennifergalasso.com/CVT/

Rosie
Becks

Post by Becks »

That's awesome. Who cares what others have to say? You like them, and they speak to you. That is what counts.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Ugh! My finance took my credit card away and says I can't have it back until the balance is paid off! How responsible of him! So no new deck for me for a while.... [WEARY FACE]

Rosie
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

RosieMoonflower wrote:Ugh! My finance took my credit card away and says I can't have it back until the balance is paid off! How responsible of him! So no new deck for me for a while.... [WEARY FACE]

Rosie

Oh adulthood...

But at least when that moment rolls around, you'll be doubly sure it's the right deck.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

There's a transparent oracle deck I'd love to have. I can't remember the artist but they lay over each other to create shapes and illustrations. Very cool. I'll try to find a link and post.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Well, I still haven't purchased a deck and it's eating at me lately. I've been wanting to do some readings but I don't have them. So, I was searching around online last night and a deck I had originally dismissed, all because of the name just called to me last night. It's the Joie De Vivre deck by Paulina Cassidy. I don't speak a lick of French so I just skipped looking at the deck in my original search because I figured it had "French themes" I assumed I wouldn't relate to. However, she makes such pretty decks! There is tons of symbolism, animals, Angels/fairies and mermaids! And, I've learned that Joie de Vivre basically means the "joy of living", which sounds nice and apparently is also a Cajun saying. My grandfather was born in southern Louisiana and was a real Cajun. I never met him and everyone in my family always tells me how nice he was, so I can find ways to connect to the French title. And, many of the characters are animals so it's right up my ally. I still have not gotten my credit card back from the fiancé though but he's out of town and I'm so tempted to go and get it from his dresser drawer and get them! I know, that would be terribly dishonest though so I won't and will have to settle to listening to others do reviews of them on YouTube and staring at their pretty colors... *Sigh*

Rosie
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

I just went through almost the same thing! (But I was the one saying "no new deck till the money's there!")
I bought the shadowscape tarot. I love the pictures. It's by stephanie pui mun law.

I searched so long since I found out I had no relationship to my old deck I bought in the 1990. I never liked the |Raider tarot - the colours were so pithy and the drawings looked so harsh/raw it felt like a bunch of edges and corners and walls to me.

I then found the deck for half the price (and it wasn't even reduced) in a bookstore - and I only payed 10 because I had a 6 euro coupon kind of thing.

Maybe you'll be lucky as well ;)

I love the fist and the very last link you showed! (Wish I knew about that website... I couldn't have decided what deck to choose myself - but what great sites!!)

I'll have to google the french named one.
BB

Blue Moon
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Here's the link to the Joie de Vivre deck. I probably should have listed it last night. But, this should make it easier to check out.

http://www.paulina.ws/joiedevivre/

I've heard lots of good things about the shadowscapes deck! I'll have to check it out as well!

Rosie

Return to “Tarot Talk”