Experience with Tarot Cards

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Aesiryth

Post by Aesiryth »

Hello friends,

I recently was gifted a deck of tarot cards for my birthday and I love them. If any of you have tarot cards you know how I feel. There is only one problem I have. Now before I introduce this problem I would like to give some background to my views on death. I see death as a release and as a final rest. Something that allows you to release all weight off of your shoulders and relax. I don't fear death, but I do fear dying, or how I die. Drowning and burning to death would be my worst fear. So with that I'll now explain my problem with my tarot cards.

The way I read my tarot is by shuffling the deck and thinking very hard (sometimes whispering) on my question. Once I feel that the tarot is ready to give an answer I spread the deck in a fan and randomly draw three cards. When I ask a question (usually totally unrelated to death) I get two cards answering me....and then I get one that includes something about death. Most of the time something I wouldn't want to think about like one of my family members that have died or a way of dying that is not favorable. This probably has some explanation, but here's the weird part. When I ask a question about my death I get cards that make no sense or having nothing to do with the question. It's like the cards don't want to answer my questions about my death, but want to remind me of it constantly.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this. Kind of scared, but more curious which is why I'm posting it here. Maybe some of you can try to help me out in explaining this.

Thanks,
-Aesiryth
"At the center of your being you have the answer;
You know who you are and what you want."

-Lao Tzu
Becks

Re: Experience with Tarot Cards

Post by Becks »

Maybe it might help if you consider that "death" cards in tarot often signify some kind of change rather than death in the human and absolute sense we understand it? So think of death of old ideas or patterns. Does that make any sense?
Aesiryth

Post by Aesiryth »

I think I get what you're saying. It's definitely a possibility that they are dealing with change rather than death.

-Lao Tzu
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

It would help if you share which cards, specifically, you're talking about.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Jenny Crow

Post by Jenny Crow »

I have a feeling it's not the cards that don't want to answer questions about your death, it's more than likely your higher self or your subconscious.

The Death card usually indicates the end of a phase of your life, but keep in mind as one door closes another door opens. Death is not an ending but a transition. Be ready for the challenge of new opportunities. Sometimes we get too comfortable, almost in a rut and don't want to change but that just leads to stagnation so change needs to take place and it's usually best not to resist. Sometimes, the change can be overwhelming especially when it's unexpected. But Death often shows up to show you that you may need to let go of certain attachments or relationships that no longer serve or work for you; as well as to let go of burdensome baggage that's only holding you back from becoming the fulfilled and happy person you're meant to be.

At times Death CAN indicate the death of a person. I've had it mean that in some of the readings I have done through the years but death is part of life and remember, that more often than not, the Death card indicates change and transition.
Imperious
Banned Member

Post by Imperious »

Jenny Crow wrote:I have a feeling it's not the cards that don't want to answer questions about your death, it's more than likely your higher self or your subconscious.
Largely this.

Remember that the cards don't tell the story; you do.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I don't typically read the death card as physical death, and if asking about my personal physical death I would not expect to actually see the death card. I also see it as symbolizing the end of a phase or period of your life. It can also represent leaving something behind, either a habit, situation, or a person who is bringing negativity into your life. And, I know this lesson more than others. It's important to know when it's better to let go than to hold on...

Hope this helped some! I would also be interested to learn the deck you are using. Have a great day!

Rosie
Aesiryth

Post by Aesiryth »

Thanks for all of your responses. You guys bring up good points. I'll try thinking about it more when I read the cards.

-Lao Tzu

Return to “Tarot Talk”