Draw Card For The Person Above You

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Draw Card For The Person Above You

Post by Seraphin »

This might be a fun game we can keep going for awhile...

You may use an oracle or tarot deck.

All you have to do is draw one card for the last person who posted, and write your findings/readings here, along with which deck you're using. You can also include a picture of the deck or card if you like!

Since I'm the first to post here, I'll draw a Tarot Card for the whole EUTM site. And so I will be using the Haindl Deck:
"The Haindl Tarot weaves a tapestry of haunting beauty from the traditions of Native America, the Holy Grail, the I Ching, Kabbalah and the Norse Runes, and is the deck of choice for mystics and those seeking enlightenment"

The Hierophant to me is all about tradition. The tradition of teaching and passing on wisdom, so that it's not lost. Something I find comes particularly strongly in the Haindl deck with its generational feel, you can just feel the grand father, father, son connection on this card.

But I find it also warns against tradition for traditions sake, when a tradition has become hollow and empty, it is for the new generations (and really everyone) to challenge it, either to fill it with new life or to take it down.

So today I put the challenge to you guys, is there a behavior or pattern that is no longer serving you, (perhaps handed down from your parents lol) make today your day to work on it and chose another way.[/quote]
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Allthepacas

Re: Draw Card For The Person Above You

Post by Allthepacas »

My parent have a philosophy of changing ones personality to appeal to others, they have been teaching me this since I was a child, my overcoming this brought me to Wicca.

The devil is all about the dangers of temptation and addiction. Or breaking free from restrictions and claiming power. Or maybe the restrictions temptation places upon people. Definitely a many-faceted card.

What is your obsession/temptation?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (39.64 KiB) Viewed 2334 times
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Hey Allthepacas,

This very true! These past few days, I'm really struggling with temptation, and my occasional spectacular failings as a partner, a father, a brother and a son (oh, and even as a staff here.)

I know my adversary Deities (Mischief and Chaos Goddesses) are still in the process of refining me. They're not yet done. Living by the disciplines I've learned throughout my journey, as well as studying it, can help overcome the challenges they're giving me. A person from my previous job, once told me that the greater the person, the harder is his tests. But the greater is his achievement when he succeeds in the struggle.

I admit that sometimes, I underestimate the power of temptation even I know it came from my Deities. For me, there were times, I just viewed it as a thin rope, easily to cut, not a mountain, and once I gave it entree to my being, there was no way out. What it might do to my relationship, my family, my career, my himself, was all beside the point. Like a bug caught in spider web, I'm hopelessly trapped.

Thanks for this guidance Allthepacas, this serves as a reminder!

And since, I replied here, I need to draw one card for you so here it is!

It's a card of finding a stable balance, a dam bursting and the river of life flowing strongly again of healing and good health.

I think I'm going to interpret it as about finding health and wellness, and ways to bring yourself to balance.
Seraphin

Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Hey Seraphin,

Looks like you're getting another card drawn for you! ;)

This one is from my deck, the Mystic Faerie Tarot by Barbara Moore and Linda Ravenscroft.

The card I pulled for you...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426291549.897340.jpg
~Ace of Pentacles~

This card is all about being in a fortunate position, very opportune, with many skills and resources that can benefit you.

I say, take a moment to recognize all of the wonders and gifts in your life! :D Honor these gifts by expressing your gratitude and using your skills to make the most of the good place that you're in right now.

~Falcon
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

Would love to join in!

For you Falcon_Heart, I drew the Death Card Reversed.

Upright, Death is about transition, change and the end of one arc and beginning of another. Reversed, it can mean that you are right on the edge of your "death" but something is holding you back; hang-ups, attachment, or even simple fear of the next step.

If there's something you've needed to put to rest but have been resisting, I'd suggest you figure out why you've been resisting. Or that something you've been trying to fulfill will not come to fruition and it's time to let it go.
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Post by Silversong »

So, I've never read for anybody else before... kind of me poking at the universe going "Am I ready to do readings for other people yet?"

For you, Nightwatcher, I drew the Knight of Cups.

"The Knight of Cups represents balanced objectivity and outlook, sincerity, harmony, and equilibrium."
- the very-handy-but-not-always-entirely-helpful book

I feel like... (I feel like it's very hard to get a feeling for someone I've never talked to before, is what I feel like. I also feel like this is one of those times the book is not being entirely helpful. *goes and looks up other interpretations*)

Okay so what I came up with is this. Your life is pretty stable and calm right now, which is a good thing. Good news (particularly romantic) may be headed your way, and things seem to be pretty peaceful. Creativity and energy are high; be ready for any projects you may be working on to jump ahead faster than you expected!

(Side note: Gods, I always love it when I see the suit of Cups come up in a reading XD)
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

For Silversong
For this I used my Hobbit Tarot deck. I love the art.
I drew Ace of Swords
Clarity of thoughts, self trust, seeing both sides of a situation. Facing reality.

This card indicates a coming challenge. Try to maintain a rational mindset. Think logically and trust in yourself. Doubt your abilities less. Making the decision will be easy, following through with it will be tougher.

Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Why haven't I participated in this thread before? Hmm ...
OK, Twilight, for you I drew Four of shields (pentacles), reversed. It signifies change, risk and you might go from one extreme to the other - taking all the power or letting go of everything. You may feel blocked or you may be prone to spend big amounts of money and/or gamble. It's not a good time for you to make investments.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Yana, for you I pulled 8 of Chalices~

This card is about saying good bye and moving on. Leave behind situations that are negative and embrace those that are positive and worth putting your energy into. It's a time to let go because dwelling on the past will not help you move forward into the future. Problems have their own way of working out, after all!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Becks

Post by Becks »

Hi Sakura-I drew the strength card for you:

You are possessing, or coming into, a time that allows you to overcome any obstacles that you may have in your path. This strength isn't the kind of brute force, but rather quiet dignified fortitude that comes from emotional control and quiet knowing. All good leaders know that strength and leadership can come form compassion and caring, and not brute force.
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Post by Silversong »

Heya, Becks! I drew the Sun card for you:

"This card represents satisfaction, gratitude, health, happiness, strength, inspiration, and liberation."

Sounds like you have had, are having, or will have in the near future a success or win of some kind. You may know what that is, or maybe it will come as a surprise. (I think I may need to put together a better little book this isn't being very helpful with single cards xD)
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Silversong! You're card is The Star!

I don't know anything about the tarot, but I randomly selected this one for you. Enjoy :)
Abiegayle

Post by Abiegayle »

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Abiegayle, please read the mechanics of this activity:
... draw one card for the last person who posted, and write your findings/readings here, along with which deck you're using...
This is not a thread to get a reading.
Seraphin

Red Ember

Post by Red Ember »

Hi Seraphin.

I card I picked for you is from the tarot of the old path and was the nine of rods. (sorry I don't know how to do pictures)

This card seems to speak of having to stand your ground and stand up for yourself over some matter. The woman in the picture looks quite defensive as if she is protecting herself or getting ready for the likely hood of having to protect herself. However, she looks like she is in a strong position and looks to have courage an determination on her side.
If cats could talk, they wouldn't. - Nan Porter

Return to “Tarot Talk”