Using tarot for time frames

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Obsidian

Using tarot for time frames

Post by Obsidian »

Hi all,

I've had a few tarot reading requests where people have asked me for a time frame for when something will happen. The question is usually something like 'do you know if I am going to meet someone, and if so when?' At present, I am saying that I don't know how to do this but I am wondering if it is possible. Does anyone know how you can give a time frame for something with the tarot cards or via any other method of divination? Thanks in advance.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Using tarot for time frames

Post by Firebird »

I do time line readings for things like work, say you wonder what would be the best days to look for work or what days you might be hearing back from a potential employer. Set up the cards like a calendar, as you turn over each card read which cards seem more favorable. Like ...ace of pentacles falls in the Tuesday position, that would be the day to look for work, or if you have already done the footwork, that may be the day the call you. Arrange the spread to correspond with where you are in the month, if you are reading on a Wednesday the 12h then start you calender spread on Wed or Thur and go a full 30 days or you can do it week by week. This could be modified to go hour by hour, with 12 cards for half a day and 24 for a full day. Start at which ever hour you are in and go from there.
Does this make sense? (it's kinda early in the AM for me)
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Obsidian

Post by Obsidian »

That made perfect sense, thank you so much.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

I use a 21 card spread - 7 columns of 3 - and the last 3 columns are 1,2, & 3 months away
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
creatrix

Post by creatrix »

I like to think of Swords as fastest, then Wands, then Cups, then Pentacles.
So for me Swords are days, Wands are weeks, Cups are months, Pentacles are years. It can be tricky though to include years because telling someone something won't happen for 10 years (10 Pentacles) is a LONG time.

I have a book that lists Cups as days, Wands as weeks, Pentacles as months, Swords as undetermined. Queens and Kings are undetermined too and Major Arcana stands for right now. In this method, 5 of Cups would be 5 days for example. Pages/Princesses are 11, Knights/Princes are 12. So The Prince of Wands would be 12 weeks or one year.

You can also just pull out The Knights and determine generally if something is happening soon (Swords) or far away (Pentacles).

Whatever method you use, if you stick to it, it tends to be helpful.

Return to “Tarot Talk”