how to tell if a tarot reader full of bs?

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
SapphireRoad

Re: how to tell if a tarot reader full of bs?

Post by SapphireRoad »

NeverMoonAWerewolf wrote:1 People do not value things for free most of the time.

2 Reading Tarot is work, and it is ok to be paid for it.

3 The scammers are something we'll never get rid of, and in my opinion those so-called psychic hotlines need to go away, but that won't ever happen I fear.
1. I find internet quite simple to make friends or potential love affairs (which is not practical given the distance) but rather tough on making the money. Need a shift in mindset I guess.

2. If meteorologists can miss rain forecast by half a day it is ok to get paid for occult work which is also a vague thing. Hooray.

3. You can get the vibe of such in advance. The smell of commercionalism. More lethal if someone bribes your tarot reader to deceive you deliberately.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

Yes people have tried to bribe me before. As in "tell her to marry me" or worse. Which of course leads me to tell the client to pack up and run even without seeing any cards.

I am so very careful nowadays who I read for.
SilverMoon22

Post by SilverMoon22 »

What do you all feel about readers who want your birth date and time? I had a reader ask me for those things including my name. When she completed the reading, I felt as if she had everything right.

Something told me to look up my natal chart and to read my predicted life path through astrology. I saw that most of what she said came from there. I don’t know what to think of it. Disappointed of course, she seems like a genuine person..
NeverMoonAWerewolf

I would not ever give my name out to anyone unless I have a booked appointment. If a reader is using the Astrology Tarot (not sure if that's the name but there is one based on astrology) it might be relevant to them.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

In Slovakia, they get bribed to deceive you into bad relationships, or maybe to encourage mafia-related business contracts.
All I visited were just like that, make it an occult hall of shame, for those who know...
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Yea where there is business there is corruption.
Pink

Post by Pink »

I don't go to tarot readers because I am not willing to pay for it. If I ever decide to do readings for others, I won't charge for it. Asking money for a spiritual gift is not spiritual in my eyes.
NeverMoonAWerewolf

I used to think that. But it is work,and not easy work at that. And you will get used if you do it for free. It is not like the old times where people respected you and gave you other tings in return.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Energy exchanges work well for payment. You give me what I need, I give you what you need :fairy:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Pink

Post by Pink »

NeverMoonAWerewolf wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:41 am I used to think that. But it is work,and not easy work at that. And you will get used if you do it for free. It is not like the old times where people respected you and gave you other tings in return.
I don't get used because I am extremely selective. Besides, I am not a social bee at all and keep my private life very very private. If I do a reading, it goes organic and I never mention I am a tarot reader. I am not 'out there', with my life. And I can read energy, so I will know straight away when I am being lied to.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I think you also need to take the reading in context to where you may have encountered them. A Pagan gathering, psychic fair, or even Ren Faire's I feel will provide you with the most authentic experience.
If they are in a brick and mortar with flashing neon sings, I would beware...after all rent is quite a bit these days and they have to keep that facade up.
On-line is hit and miss, you may find a responsible reader who really is reading your situation, OR you may encounter the scam artist.
I would say overall it is a matter of amount, these days most readers at a "psychic faire" situation would charge about 5 dollars per five minutes with a 15 min minimum.
One of our Priestesses does online readings and she is very responsible, but she does charge about 100 per session (about an hour) depending if she is doing other work for you as well like lighting spell candles.
If anyone is claiming to be able to "fix you or others" with a reading or spell, run for the hills... especially if it is over 50 or 100 bucks. Some may start out small but hook you, then demand more money to give you more answers...run run run Forrest, and do not look back.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Yeah exactly.There are also readers who love to make their clients depend on them. And there are clients who want the reader to make all decisions for them and become kind of addicted all by themselves.

Return to “Tarot Talk”