One Walker Blog

If you'd like to have your own blog here, start yourself a thread. Use your member name somewhere in the title so people will know who you are. The blogs here should be mostly about your spiritual path and beliefs.
One Walker

Re: One Walker Blog

Post by One Walker »

Friday, February 18, 2011:

I keep a chronology listing of my previous blog postings so I don't end up making duplicate entries. I haven't updated that list in a while. In going back over my previous blog posts to update the list tonight I realized the new format has significantly altered the texture of stories I posted. Since we now have a new Creative Writing section here at the forums I think I'll be re-posting the stories over there from time to time.

I heard a conversation on the radio the other day about Valentine's Day. There was some lady slamming it as being created because men don't remember what a woman feels are significant dates/anniversaries in their relationships. I didn't have an opportunity to call in with a rebuttal so here it is:

A) Have you noticed that Valentine's Day is one of the only significant non-holidays that fall in the middle of the month? The others are, strangely enough, Mother's Day and Father's Day. Do you know why? Because they are least likely to come around a woman's menstrual cycle. This woman should take advantage of that fact and get laid because in my honest opinion she needs a good screwing!

B) Men don't hold special feelings in reserve for special days. We don't kowtow to egos that way. Relationships are NOT about being special or feeling special. They are about foundations. Rock-steady, solid foundations. The best part for men isn't in the beginning when everything is new and mysterious and flashy; it's afterward when the newness wears off and things settle down. You begin to discover the strengths and faults of the woman. You begin to see her real Humanity. THEN life gets worth living! Jack Schaefer in his book Shane explained it better that I ever could. Miriam Starrett said it clear: "You'd think I'd learn. This isn't Dodge City. This isn't even a whistle stop. It's Joe Starrett's farm. It's where I'm proud to be."

Find a woman like that these days and a man may not remember their anniversary but he WILL paint the house three times over in rainbow colors just to please her AND if there's something she really, REALLY wants and says so, he'll bust himself trying to get it for her! Some women want diamonds. Are there any left that want partners?

One Walker. :mrgreen: ::coolglasses::
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Monday, February 19, 2018

Well, It's good to be back on the forum. Lots of changes for me since 2011. Left Minnesota behind, spent a year in California, then relocated to the great state of Montana and have been living here ever since. I'm older, heavier, wiser, and calmer. Still love to laugh and still writing stories, just not as prolific as I once was.

I obtained a past-life reading too! Found some surprises in there. Found a lot to ponder as well. Probably the biggest outward, obvious change because of it is I'm a lot calmer/less angry than I once was because I at last found some information that led me to some answers that make sense.

The other thing is I'm much more grateful than I once was, at least as far as acknowledging things to be grateful for that I hadn't previously really considered. Basic things like having a roof over my head; a bed to sleep in; blankets to keep me warm and fans to keep me cool; a pillow to rest my head upon; clothes to wear; food to eat; a car to drive; a job through which I can make enough money to survive; and most of all a host of people throughout my life who have had a positive influence on it! :mrgreen: These things are not just 'Givens', they are gifts! Millions (maybe billions) of people on this planet lack one or more of what we consider to be these vvery basic things. Think about that.

I'm not done exploring the board (there's a lot to catch up on!) but I hope to be posting again soon. In the meantime, hello again to everyone!

One Walker
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Sounds like you had an epiphany or visited a Third World Country where they knife fight for a crust of bread for breakfast, don't have a clue about lunch or dinner's source and sweat during the day and shiver at night. Average people get to have warlords and their militias holding power one day and being dead the next so you don't know who you should be friendly towards. Anybody with a fire arm can take what they want. Just a horrible example of the inhumanities that people can engage in with each other. I hope it was an epiphany. Seeing the other can haunt you with nightmares for the rest of your life.

Return to “Members' Personal Blogs”