Ryuka - The Dragon's Tail

If you'd like to have your own blog here, start yourself a thread. Use your member name somewhere in the title so people will know who you are. The blogs here should be mostly about your spiritual path and beliefs.
RyukaAscendant

Ryuka - The Dragon's Tail

Post by RyukaAscendant »

After reading several of the blogs on here I feel much less anxious to tell more of myself. First let me say the name Ryuka (not my real name) is cobbled together from Japanese words for Dragon and Fire. Both I've always been connected to. What Gaia has told me as I've come into my own is that the gods are my ancestors and my family.
As a child I was the epitome of nerd, which I've embraced wholeheartedly. But because I was a happy child I was an outcast among my peers and ridiculed to the point of attempting suicide. I did everything to push out anything else about me that could be ridiculed. Despite this as a child I remember eyes in the night looking in at me. Something I found unsettling as a child. But was rather tame in comparison with what I consider to be my families right of passage. At 8 I watched a black robed figure, I've referred to as a reaper, walk through the walls of a church. I originally attributed this to the fact that there was a hospital across the street until years later when my brother expressed he had a similar occurrence at roughly the same age in the house we lived in. Fast forward to high school I'd become more relaxed but still carried all the hurt from my childhood. At the advice of the school councilor I released all of those emotions in a process that left me with feelings of holowness and several very destructive entities cohabitating in my mind. Shortly after this I developed one of my first spells.

Stitch the flesh,
Mend the bone,
Sew the soul,
And make me whole.

I had selfishly taken small traits and pieces of those around me to stitch myself together. I realized this later and helped as many of them through it as I could. Around this time I also began talking with the gods. At the time Ares took a strong interest in me and my will to fight but an understanding was reached that I needed the wisdom of his sister Athena.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
RyukaAscendant

Re: Ryuka - The Dragon's Tail

Post by RyukaAscendant »

My workings are rooted in martial arts training. I learned meditation early on and began working with the energies within me. I could feel the flow of them around me in the air and beneath me in the earth. These sensations brought me to Gaia and the understanding not just that the earth was alive with life but that it guarded and protected itself and would likely last long after we were gone. As a novice would I began to experiment charging items and draining them to see what was possible. I read what I could given my father was a skeptical agnostic at best and an atheist at worst, he would only entertain the idea of magic and energy as philosophical and imaginative. And my mother though reasonably religious was thoroughly christian and didn't approve of my interest. Through experimentation I found strength in enchantment of items. Whatever I needed I need only a metal conduit to serve as a host. Rings to help me pull in energy, amulets of protection, even tutors to help find what I could do better. But spiritually I knew nothing of myself. So I began refining my meditation to invite in the animals who guide me. After some time I received a vision in which I was approached by the bull, the sign of my birth; the wolf, the sign of my pack; the tiger, the beginnings of my journey; and the eagle, at the time the sign of my greatest achievement. They did not speak to me but instead began to fuse together. The wolf taking the head with the horns and back of the bull, the tigers legs and haunches becoming the bulk of the body and the eagles wings sprouting from the shoulders of the bull. The chimeric beast became silhouetted showing me the dragon. I took this as a sign that I was being watched by the dragon as well as the others but I would find later that wasn't the case.
As a child I had believed I was a dinosaur, a raptor of some sort specifically. When barefoot I'd always walk toward the ball of my foot and I'd feel the sway of a tail behind me. My parents indulged it as play and when I told them no it's real they would say," No it's just your imagination." So as I grew older I ignored it but after my spirit quest it began to return. At times I would stare off into space and I'd feel this twitching behind me. By the time I graduated high school I could feel it as I walked and experienced the pain of growing wings. Mind you it is extremely uncomfortable when the first ones come through under your shoulder blades. By this time I had figured out what I was and soon after I would have my first of several talks with Gaia.
I was confused by this to say the least. I acknowledged that many spiritual things existed but thought myself an observer rather than one of them. I begin meditating asking questions again and again. It wasn't until I relaxed one day as I was driving that Gaia answered. I was sitting just wondering about the idea of a true name when she told me mine. Not my birth name, or any nickname. The name she uttered vibrated throughout my body like a tuning fork struck by a conductor and brought such pleasure to me I still feel tears in my eyes even now as I think about it. I was told I was a child of the Earth but also that my soul was much older and that of a dragon. She told me a great many things at the time which today I wish I had written down because I cannot remember. But she told me to keep looking for my answers.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Nice to get to know you better! And I'm glad to see another Gaia believer :-D
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

She's been with me since my journey began. It's such a peace of mind and a stillness in the midst of my anxious family. I strayed from magic and from her for a while and it's left me worse for wear.

RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

I have an old chant/ small ritual I would do every night as I hung my pentacle.

By the star that hangs this night,
Mother goddess protect your children with your light.
Hold us close and hold us tight,
let us not know fear this night.
Bring us safely to the day,
and let none upon us prey.

As I've said I used to have spirits attack me and those who slept near me at night.

RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

I've been getting back into the hang of meditating more often. Today though was odd. I normally envision a flame into which I feed all emotion and thought. From there I am able to focus on what it is I wish to achieve. As I closed my eyes though it was as if there was a glare obscuring my vision, and the flame I envisioned was at the top of my perception. It burned like a fuse and as I looked up I could feel my third eye opening and watched as flames lit a crown above me. Sadly after that I believe I dropped into sleep. When I awoke and I attempted I could only find the void but I felt the fire within me. As to what this means I don't know. However, I can feel the energy flowing through me more easily again.

RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

So yesterday I finally got my new pentacle. My old one has been trying to run away but I've had it for 10 years so I'm going to turn it into a coin or at the very least find somewhere to put it in case I have a child who wants one.

Hagerman420

Post by Hagerman420 »

Thanks for Sharing, you sound gifted indeed.

I like your pentacle, the design on the outer embroidery, very Celtic in looks.

What type of gem is in the middle of the star?

Have a Good Evening
Be Happy Stay Happy
Be Happy Stay Happy :)
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

The center is amber and the pentacle itself is sterling silver. Here in a bit I'm planning to try transferring the energy and enchantments off of my old pentacle onto it.

As for being talented, most of what I do is nothing more than what I've read others doing. Creativity and application of scientific discoveries are my approach. But I'm not afraid to ask the ancestors and Gods for guidance.

Thank you though I appriciated the encouragement.

Hagerman420

Post by Hagerman420 »

RyukaAscendant wrote:The center is amber and the pentacle itself is sterling silver. Here in a bit I'm planning to try transferring the energy and enchantments off of my old pentacle onto it.

As for being talented, most of what I do is nothing more than what I've read others doing. Creativity and application of scientific discoveries are my approach. But I'm not afraid to ask the ancestors and Gods for guidance.

Thank you though I appriciated the encouragement.

Nice, I would think it won't be to hard to transfer from one to another, may just take a little more tweaking than the average transfer as it has seen 10 years of your life and the new one is still getting to know you so to speak.

The power of imagination and creativity is a powerful thing and combined with emotion becomes Magical :fairy: Just my opinion any ways :)

Have a Great Day
Be Happy Stay Happy
Be Happy Stay Happy :)
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Yeah I'm in the process of making a seal which combines several sigil and other symbols in order to direct the flow.

corvidus

Post by corvidus »

RyukaAscendant wrote: It burned like a fuse and as I looked up I could feel my third eye opening and watched as flames lit a crown above me. Sadly after that I believe I dropped into sleep.
I've had a similar experience, but was unable to fall asleep afterwards ;)

In some traditions, this is the "flame of awareness" or "the crown of glory" or some other equally high-sounding name haha.

To the best of my knowledge, it is a piece of our higher Self, which is ultimately connected to the Source, and provides for us a Consciousness which differs from the lower animals and plants and stones. A good example would be to say that at the center of everything is a bonfire, and everyone around the bonfire has a candle which was lit by the main fire. Everyone's candle is lit, but they burn at different brightnesses. People like Christ or Buddha are able to stand close to the bonfire, whereas most common people are on the outskirts of its light.

It can be made manifest again for you, but you need to purify your mind and polarize your body appropriately beforehand. Any negative habit of thinking will be increased by it, and any positive quality will be increased by it. It is impartial on how your Will chooses to manifest it in thinking.

Maybe this helps, maybe not. I like your blog. And your name. I've had a couple interesting encounters with dragons.

:)
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Huh I hadn't heard any interpretations of it prior. But I've been noticing I'm more upbeat and I'm caring less about appearances, which is a mixed bag in Kansas. But most people don't care about spiritual beliefs here. As for other things, I'm still cautious about expressing them too loudly.

RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Also thank you, it's not my real name but I'm a cautious person when it comes to figuring out what to share and what not to.

RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

I've been working on trying to make a circle for transferring the energy and enchantment of my old pentacle to my new one. I need to find or make something smaller to test it on but I'm still working out the methodology. Currently I have a linear system of three circles with a sigil for removal at the top, transference in the center, and Fill at the bottom. Still a work in progress as I said. I probably need something a bit more specific than fill though.... Enough of that for those interested I'll post the basic circle layout in my next post.
Otherwise I've been working on connecting my chakras a little better. I know its fanciful but it always feels like its just out of reach. Call it a dream but even once I'd like to definitively produce a flame from my fingertips. I swear I saw the air rippling with heat today. I'm not sure if I even believe myself when I say it but when I was younger and meditated daily I could swear I managed a spark. Maybe I'm crazy for trying but if I can break down this barrier there are bigger things that maybe I could accomplish too. I don't want fame or anything, I want the knowledge. I want to know and the gods know that is my true will.
Anyway I kinda rambled there for a moment. I am using my hands to channel the energy through tut like motions. Nothing extravagant but native dance and even rave dance I can feel the energy. So maybe by tying the energy to my fingers from my lower chakras I can channel them out in ways that could produce the desired results. Oh but the rush the pure energy coming in was beautiful. For the first time in a long time I opened my wings fully. Its like plugging into the powergrid each time. Opening you up more and more. I think I'm still carrying some residual but I can send it out before bed.
My days are feeling better since returning to my path, and I feel the goddess watching me even if from a distance. Majick is a part of me and to deny that is denying myself.

Return to “Members' Personal Blogs”