Smogie's Ramblings

If you'd like to have your own blog here, start yourself a thread. Use your member name somewhere in the title so people will know who you are. The blogs here should be mostly about your spiritual path and beliefs.
smogie_michele

Re: Smogie's Ramblings

Post by smogie_michele »

Thank you, Snow, for all of your kindness over the last few months. The first few steps to all better are the worse, but at least we are trying.
fnals.so
sd

^^that was my cat walking across the keyboard, so I guess Pip says hi.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

Updates

I haven't been working on school as much as I should be this week... Honestly, I haven't been doing any school work at all. Next week I will re-tackle all of it, but I think this week I was going through a lot of growing pains and needed to take a little bit of a break.

My credit has gone up three point... three tiny little baby points, but that is okay with me. I have made a million phone calls and talked to a thousand and a half people, but I have successfully made payment plans for all of my debtors (except for one... they always call Cody for some reason and when I try to call them they put me on hold for so long the phone cuts out... gotta make a plan for them..) I have also began researching secured credit cards to apply for, I will keep that line of credit small, but using it once a month to fill up my car on gas, then paying it off will go a long way as far as helping my credit.
Being a big kid sucks sometimes.

All of the fur kids are doing really well, too. All of them seem to have had a cold over the last week... they were a sneezy, snotty bunch. I am lucky enough to have a vet only charged a "recheck" fee for me to bring my fur kids in... all five of them. I was concerned that they may need some sort of medication, but they just had a small cold.
Saphira's almost done with chemo... She has an appointment on Tuesday, then three weeks after that is her last treatment. I can't wait until she no longer has to go through this, but I am so very thankful that she is taking it well and that we have the ability to pursue the treatment.
Also, do any of you remember me talking about me mother in laws dog, Delilah? This poor thing had a skin infection so bad that it caused her pain to walk. She has a poor smelled like yeast and barely slept because she was so uncomfortable from the open sores all over her back and tummy... Today, she has clear skin all over her body. The vets told me that she wouldn't ever grow her hair back because of the severity of her infection... We got to surprise them all when she went to the vet last week. There is peach fuzz coming in all over the "naked" parts of her tummy and butt!
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I really admire your ability to focus on your goals to make yourself better and do it. This is something I struggle with. I know I need to make major changes in my life in certain areas but continue to ignore them.

Finances can be a huge pain. I can totally relate to a lot of what you're going through. Though I am not manic depressive, I do have a non-verbal learning disorder on the spectrum of Aspergers/Autism. This causes me to procrastinate on every single little thing. This has caused me to missed a lot of deadlines and payments in my lifetime. One year I didn't pay my taxes and when my fiancé and I went to by a house it was a big deal to take care of it so we could still get a house. I'm glad you have such an understanding fiancé as well. Raising my credit score was slow at first, but after a while it would start jumping several points at once. I wish you luck in your future!

Rosie
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I have accomplished two of my goals for today. I had to move some computer data to my task database, which took about 15 minutes. I also steam cleaned the second upstairs bedroom. That took several hours. Between my hubby's smoking and cat accidents over a ten year period, it was long overdue. But it's done now. Tonight's goal, is getting two days worth of charting done. Tomorrow, will be getting the computer desk from my daughter, and then doing QA on two dozen care plans.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

You're so good! I had a long to do list for today but all I managed to get done was a nap in bed and then another nap on the couch.. Yeah...

Rosie
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Today I got windshield wipers for my son-in-law's car. I'm driving his while mine is in the shop. I can't stand streaky wipers!

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

Sometimes, I count "putting the laundry in the dryer" and accomplishment.
I had a little bit of a "moment" earlier today where I was trying to look into agencies that can help me with my taxes and ended up losing it, crying all over the place, scaring the fur kids in the process.
So I made my coffee and cuddled my cats instead. I will tackle that one tomorrow with a clearer head.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Cuddling cats always helps with sadness and anxiety. At least it helps me.
I can relate to having financial troubles and I really know how hard it can be. It totally sucks. Sorry you have to go through this!
Planning things is really good. But if you can't always be a good girl and do it, give yourself a break - don't cry over it - it's really not worth it (believe me, I've been in your position).

Best of luck, I know you can make it.
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

Schools, Weddings, and Vet Bills

I have completely slacked off in the school department... So many people have been out of town at work lately that my schedule is what nightmares are made of. That, coupled with issues with our bills, going back and forth from my dog's oncologist, and trying to plan my best friends bridal and bacholerette party on NO money... well, its a lot.
School restarts next week. I promise. I penciled it in.. IN PEN.

As far as wedding stuff goes, we have a date. But I am terrified.
Not of marrying Cody, not that at all. He is my best friend and I cannot imagine resting my head next to anyone else (except for maybe Chris Pratt...)
BUT, I am terrified of the cost. My family kinda pressured me into looking at venues, but I told them I had no intention to book just yet because of our money situation, but we looked anyways.
And I fell in love with a place. Its nothing big and fancy, no elegant ball rooms or dance halls... its VERY cheap, but it works perfectly for us. My grandmother saw how much I loved it... then booked it without telling me. Now I have 8 months to plan a wedding...
The positive side is that she paid for the venue! Yay, one less thing for us to do! The down side, that was literally the cheapest part of the wedding... Now I have to get his ring, our outfits, food and alcohol, a dj, a photographer, bridal party gifts, bridal party flowers, hair and makeup, invites....
I'm excited, don't get me wrong, but damn.

And last, vet bills... ahhh, vet bills...
My beautiful pup is on her last leg of chemo, but we are scrambling to come up with that last payment.

All in all, I've been busy. All in all, I feel like I am losing touch with my spirituality.
All in all, I want a vacation and for someone to hand me a million dollars and to take a nap.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Get the rings. Make the wedding as large or small as you want. If something big is going to be a budget buster, go small. It's about you and Cody, not everyone else. Have cake and punch at the reception. Keep it simple.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Becks

Post by Becks »

Well said Snow.
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

Weddings these days seem to be more about the couple out doing all of their friends' weddings rather than celebrating their own marriage.
I just want to get married, then dance like an idiot with my friends and new husband.
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

Full Steam Ahead, but Running Out of Steam

Last night,while laying in bed, I was explaining to Cody that I feel drained of energy lately, that I have been having a hard time finding my "get up and go," and have been feeling this way for about a week now. I could tell he was cautiously trying to pick out his words before responding to me before finally saying "I think this is just a 'down time' for you... just this time, you are on medication." I'm pretty sure he is correct.

Despite me feeling tired most of the time, I have forced myself to keep chugging along. We bought our wedding save the dates, I bought his wedding band (which is THE ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL! I am so lucky to be marrying a nerd like me), and we have decided on a honeymoon destination (Disney... who would have guessed, right?)

We have also saved up the money for Saphira's LAST chemo treatment... She just had a bunch of xrays and blood work done and they all came back perfect! I can't believe that just a few days before Christmas, she has a very poor prognoses, and was expected to only make it another six months... I cried to you all, asking for good thoughts, I prayed every night, I made homemade dog food and treats, and forked over the money for all of her vet visits... and now she has a 90% chance of it NEVER coming back.

Over this last months, Cody and I have made a small stock pile in our savings account and have worked together on budgeting. I have enough money to pay off my first round of collection payments (praise jesus) and have enough left over for my car insurance and groceries. We are making baby steps in the right direction.

Unfortunately, I still feel my spirituality slipping from me. But if I am going through a "down" period, that can be expected. I get like that sometimes.
In a moment, I am going to get a shower and put on some makeup... make myself feel put together. Then maybe I'll sit out side and read or journal for a little bit... enjoy this beautiful day.
Maybe I'll write about what I want for the near future... We are finally getting close to being able to look for a place of our own... I can't wait to have my altar set up again, to be able to practice openly.
Hell, I just want to be able to take a shower without walking through my mother in laws room while she is sleeping... When we move, our first night in our place will be spent with me soaking my body in a bathtub...
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Progress in millimeters and pennies is still progress. I got out of bed when the alarm went off this morning. That's progress. Five more minutes has been known to be forty-five more minutes. That doesn't work so well.

Your posts actually inspire me to keep myself plugging away. Some days that's a major challenge. So thank you for sharing and inspiring.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

SnowCat wrote:Progress in millimeters and pennies is still progress. I got out of bed when the alarm went off this morning. That's progress. Five more minutes has been known to be forty-five more minutes. That doesn't work so well.

Your posts actually inspire me to keep myself plugging away. Some days that's a major challenge. So thank you for sharing and inspiring.

Snow
I can barely inspire myself to get out of bed, so thank you so much for saying that!

Return to “Members' Personal Blogs”