SnowCat's Meowsings

If you'd like to have your own blog here, start yourself a thread. Use your member name somewhere in the title so people will know who you are. The blogs here should be mostly about your spiritual path and beliefs.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: SnowCat's Meowsings

Post by SnowCat »

So lately, I have been having, once again, pictures of disaster superimposed over the normal scene. Sometimes it's a natural disaster, and sometimes it borders on post war apocalyptic. I don't know if I'm seeing possibilities, or alternate dimensions.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Becks

Post by Becks »

Well that's a settling superpower. ;)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I discovered today, that a friend from years ago passed last year. I was near the neighborhood that she had moved to about 30 years ago, and looked up her address out of curiosity. Her obituary was the first thing that came up. She passed from early onset Alzheimers. She was 56. The last few years, and deaths, have made me realize how much my path diverged from people I used to know. It seems like most of them went the Born Again Christian route, while I went back to my racial and past life memories. They all died young too. It just feels odd.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

I won't say that being a "Born Again" has something to do with it. I will say, Ive gone to a couple BA services because friends had "lost it to religious fervor". Their knew my beliefs. I think that made them sure I would a.) be struck down because of the holiness of their congregation or b.) be recognized by the preacher who would then come down and exorcise the devi! out of me on the spot. They were of course disappointed. While there, I got a good look at the sizable congregation. This was in two separate churches. I didn't see anyone over 60. The born agains have been around long enough and take coverts of any age, such that you should see people into their 80's, at least. The racial and gender norms of American society was represented. The age dynamic was not in either case. Just saying.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

It just feels like an odd synchronicity. My cousin was very born again. He died in 2013. My ex was very born again. He died this year. My friend was very born again. She died last year. All of them were part of my wedding. All of them died before they made it to 60. My path is so divergent from theirs, and I've come back from things that should have killed me.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

We have beliefs that are grounded in time honored tradition. Part of that is being neither a leader or a follower. We have a faith in being individuals. Free to associate with any and all. To have a life that is balanced. A life that takes joy in all one can while knowing there will be sadness as well. We do not limit ourselves.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Today I was listening to various songs on You Tube while I was doing my charting. Let It Go came on. I really listened to the words and the story. It struck me that it's very similar to what many of us have experienced. Finding abilities we didn't ask for, not walking society's path, having to become what we were called to be, rather than what someone else had chosen for us.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
planewalker
Banned Member

Post by planewalker »

Snow, I've found that those of us who follow the Arts are the type to go in for taking things seriously , for having self proclaimed goals.

Return to “Members' Personal Blogs”