SnowCat's Meowsings

If you'd like to have your own blog here, start yourself a thread. Use your member name somewhere in the title so people will know who you are. The blogs here should be mostly about your spiritual path and beliefs.
SnowCat
Banned Member

SnowCat's Meowsings

Post by SnowCat »

This may not be so much a Book of Shadows as a journal. At least to begin with.

It struck me today, that even when I was a kid, Halloween felt different. It wasn't just the costumes and the loads of free candy, although I definitely liked that, it was a feeling of the night being different. As I grew into my abilities, I realized that the dimensions do truly intersect at this time of year. It seems to really take hold around Lunassagh. The Highlands Festival is held in Estes Park every year in early September. I've seen spirits in corporeal form there. Probably courtesy of all the believers on site.

I'm finding that this forum is helping me reconnect with some aspects of myself that had begun to slide into dormancy. Thank you all for that.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: SnowCat's Meowsings

Post by SnowCat »

I haven't revisited this in almost two years. I've learned from others here, that my workings and path are more closely tied to shamanism, than to other traditions. I hesitate to call myself a shaman though, as I have no formal training in that area. I've also discovered that in addition to Bast and Sekhmet, Loki and Anubis are very strong presences in my life. How does a nice Iris Catholic girl end up so far from the family traditions? I think it's because I listened to my inner self. For anyone questioning the journey, I advise doing the same.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

I like your advice...listening to your innerself. So many of us don't do that!! We're to busy and rushing through life and then one day, we realize were not satisfied. Luckily I discovered this a while ago and have been listening to my innerself for some time. It's not a quick journey though and having kids with such insights and gifts have made me want to dig deeper ( a major reason why I'm on this forum).

I think it's great that you are doing your thing the way you see fit, SnowCat. It's never too late to start living your life the way you want.

I also share your same passion for All Hallows Eve. I love it. It's always been a special night for me & I never really knew why. I also had to dress up like a witch almost every Halloween too. Haha. My daughter loves the day as well. She starts talking about the next Halloween, in November!! She plans ahead! The whole month of October for me, is just full of energy and mystical happening.

I hope you keep posting your thoughts!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

When I got to be about seventeen, I started feeling like I should become a Druid. I really had no clue what a Druid was, but it sounded cool. In any case, I was being drawn more and more to the paranormal. Possibly due to the events I experienced in the San Luis Valley. Possibly something from childhood coming to bear. I'm not sure.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I made a brief foray into the darker side of things when I was 18. That didn't go so well for me. I became well acquainted with the concept of the Threefold Law. A mild curse that I placed on someone came back around and bit me in the behind.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

SnowCat wrote:I made a brief foray into the darker side of things when I was 18. That didn't go so well for me. I became well acquainted with the concept of the Threefold Law. A mild curse that I placed on someone came back around and bit me in the behind.

Snow
I've never dabbled in dark arts, but I know how it feels when karma bites you. Hope you're okay.

Rosie
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I moved this to Members Blogs because it seemed to fit better here.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

As time passed, I swung back and forth between a pagan calling, and trying to stay true to my Catholic upbringing. It's much easier to tell people that you're Catholic. Besides, some of my encounters with other realms had been quite frightening. I always found myself pulled back to the road less traveled. I finally realized that paganism isn't a turning away from something, but an embrace of something bigger than Christianity. Spell work isn't really so much different than prayer, except I usually see more immediate and tangible results.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

SnowCat wrote:As time passed, I swung back and forth between a pagan calling, and trying to stay true to my Catholic upbringing. It's much easier to tell people that you're Catholic. Besides, some of my encounters with other realms had been quite frightening. I always found myself pulled back to the road less traveled. I finally realized that paganism isn't a turning away from something, but an embrace of something bigger than Christianity. Spell work isn't really so much different than prayer, except I usually see more immediate and tangible results.

Snow
There's a lot of Catholicism not sanctioned by the church that people practiced mixed in with paganism, it's common world over. In places such as India and Mexico. It's called folk Catholicism and a lot of them also do magick. (Like rituals and spells.)
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Becks

Post by Becks »

They don't like to admit it, it's true, but Catholics are very often mystical people. I mean each time Mass is celebrated there's transubstantiation.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

My family was pretty much "by the book" Catholic. My great-uncle John entered the priesthood, because families were supposed to give at least one child to religious life.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Becks

Post by Becks »

I was raised Catholic as well.
WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

Raised Christian but still find it hard to call myself Wiccan or pagan to most people.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

If I have to pin it down I'll tell someone I'm a flown away Christian. 9 out of 10 don't hear it.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I tell people that I'm a cat, and that I expect to be worshiped as in ancient Egypt.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Members' Personal Blogs”