Preparing for War. Please help me!

If you'd like to have your own blog here, start yourself a thread. Use your member name somewhere in the title so people will know who you are. The blogs here should be mostly about your spiritual path and beliefs.
Y0m

Preparing for War. Please help me!

Post by Y0m »

Okay, so I understand my true destiny and what everyting I've been doing is leading to. I'm moving to New Orleans to help with the coming war of light against dark.

I need everyone's help.. this is no joke. If you have any spells that I'lll need for this journey post here, or any talismans you think I should make, or anything at all! Please help.

Other then that, this is where I will document my progress for preperation during the coming months.

Love and respect,
Y0m
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

To-do list:

- prepare a book of shadows containing the following and more:
- protection spells
- repulsion spells
- banishing spells
- herbs guide
- cleansing spells
- talisman recipes
- house protection and banishing instructions
- element guides
- alter instructions
- important dates
- prepare talismans and pictures of powerful beings which will be worn and placed around living quarters and on alter
- prepare a code of ethics to live by
- brief friend on what to do and what not to do.
- meditate and chant daily to be as strong as possible
- gather alter materials
- gather money for housing and magic items
- gather any magic materials including but not limited to:
- candles
- herbs
- dagger
- alter items
- continue reading spiritual literature but take notes, especially on anything needed to be added to code of ethics

I'm sure there is more but I'm having to multi-task. This is a good start.
Hubertus

Post by Hubertus »

Well, I would personally make sure to know very simple, basic spells for minor situations. When something chaotic happens, your mind usually goes blank, and you panic. At times like that, it's good to have even the simplest spells written down in case you need them and can't recall them while your mind is working on other things.
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Hubertus wrote:Well, I would personally make sure to know very simple, basic spells for minor situations. When something chaotic happens, your mind usually goes blank, and you panic. At times like that, it's good to have even the simplest spells written down in case you need them and can't recall them while your mind is working on other things.
Wonderful advice! I would also add that when you are working on your book of shadows for this journey make sure it is portable and easy to work with. Y0m, have you thought about what different energies you may experience and how to help with those? Just another thought I had :)
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Cool cool thanks guys! all stuff ill keep in mind.

i have a little note pad that is pocket sized which can serve as a perfect mini book of shadows.

Also I didnt include much stuff about my living and life but my aunt is very good with this stuff so she'll help me with "reality".

Love and thanks a ton!
Y0m
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

I have some books in pdf form, some of them about herbs and such. I also, though you may not want, have some that deal with darker magic. May not be something you to try but it could give you an idea of what you might have to deal with. I've also seen that some of it can be altered for more advanced magic. If you want I can email them to you, can pm me if you're interested. I think I also have some about psychic defense, not positive, but I think I do. I also think you need to look into Voodoo, as the area you'll be in.

Also, some regular day items can be made into great magical purpose items, like electrical being great for bindings. You just have to be creative sometimes. Invest in the more potent of banishing oils and herbs. There are also some all purpose type oils, like Lotus, that just needs to be directed and it works very well.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

A few thoughts that passed through my mind as I read this:

-Your home or base of operations should be your safe space. Bless, cleanse, and ward the heck out of it. Make it so no matter what happens, you can retreat there.

-Make a portable kit. You aren't always going to have time to run back home to cast spells or do rituals, fill a bag with the basics. At all time you should carry a protective talisman of some type, sage or something for cleansing, a small book of spells you can do quickly, and the ingredients for those spells.

-If you are looking for a book on crystals, I would advise you to pick up "The Crystal Bible" by Judy Hall. It's an excellent reference.

That's all I can think of right now, if I come up with anything else, I will return to this thread.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Thank you guys err i mean girls.. very very good info! I'm so greatful.

Yeah, my first thing I'm doing when I get there though is making my home into a spiritual bomb shelter. No half-assing it.

Also lotus popped into my head as something I should get too.. I never thought it was that good other then for meditation, but I'll take that as a sign to get it and do more research.

And number person I'm pm'ing you now... I can use any and all info. Nothing needs to be overlooked by me. I know how strong this city can be and it really is no joke.

Love and thanks.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

reikihealer83 wrote:Y0m, have you thought about what different energies you may experience and how to help with those? Just another thought I had :)
So this is what I have so far... for sure I will run into spirit vampires at every turn. My energy used to drain so quickly so I must make a talisman to specificly gaurd against them.

The djinn, im sure also have formed a large communty there. These are the more powerful demon like creatures. I must be ready to fight them in all kinds of ways.

Also, I need to be careful of voodoo practitioners. Crazy crazy people living in this city... I'm thinking I may get some mace to carry. I will not kill any living being but I deffinitly can make em hurt if my life is in danger. This is also useful for muggers

Speaking of voodoo practice. i need to prepare to face the lao gods who already dont like me because of the portal i opened last time. These are voodoo anscestors and warriors who have been said to kill people during mis-performed rituals.

Love,
Y0m
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

I just made a HUGE discovery. Well, my uncle is a gory artist and he has many many books on dark things. So I though, maybe something he has can help me prepare. Look what I found!!!

Dictionary of Supersitions
by David Pickering
- many great ideas in here for protection

The Vampire Encyclopedia
by Mathew Bunson
- includes many things to fight them with

The History of Witchcraft & Demonology
by Montague Summers
- maybe a little biased but do I really need to state the benifits?

A field guide to demons, fairies, fallen angels, and other subversive spirits
by Carol K Mack and Dinah Mack
- yea nothing needs to be said here!

The Black Arts
by Richard Cavendish
- everything from numeralogy, tarot, elixir of life, black magic, and devil worship

It's a goldmine for what I need to prepare for!

-------------------
I'm also going to be using the following books for study and preperation:

Gypsy Dream Dictonary

Earth Time Moon Time
by Annette Hinshaw

The Book of Witches, a spellbinding guide
by Tim Dedopulos

The Craft, a witch's book of shadows
by Dorothy Morrison

A Charmed Life, celebrating wicca every day
by Patricia J. Telesco

The Art of Worldly Wisdom
by Baltasar Gracian

Ritual Magic, What it is and how to do it
by Donald Tyson

Green Witchcraft, folk magic, fairy lore, and herb craft
by Ann Moura

Wicca, A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner
by Scott Cunningham

The Elements of The Celtic Tradition
by Caitlin Mathews

The Handbook of Celtic Astrology
by Helena Paterson

I can only take a couple of these books with me, so I have about 2 months and a half to do some light reading :)

Y0m.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

According to my research there are 3 main levels of jinn I need to worry about. These are all spirits bellow the level of angels. They have free choice and can be good and bad and can spiritual diverse beleifs similar to humans.

The lesser would be the djinn, which generally tempt humans and try try arouse fear, anger, and sadness so they can be stronger in darkness.

The middle is the Ifrit. "noted for their strength and cunning. An ifrit is an enormous winged creature of fire, either male or female, who lives underground and frequents ruins."

The strongest being the Marid. "Marids are often described as the most powerful type of jinn, having especially great powers. They are the most arrogant and proud as well. Like every jinn, they have free will yet could be compelled to perform chores. They also have the ability to grant wishes to mortals, but that usually requires battle, and according to some sources imprisonment, rituals, or just a great deal of flattery."

That's it for now until I finish the field guide to demons book.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Oh and also they can all tranform into animals... both in spririt but also actual animals in the 3rd demension, but this makes them more vulnerable.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Yab yab yab gab gab gab.

Got a Rudraksha Mala. For those that don't know it is a set of prayer beads which has seeds of the rudraksha tree said to represent god's tears.
Very powerful stuff. I've spent months manifesting this thing... and it was worth the wait! It has 100 rudraksha seeds, and each 25 beads sperated by a clear quartz bead - making 103 beads in total not counting the big guru bead. I stumbled over this gem in a health food store! haha

Anyway one big item to check off the list.

Some more things I want to get from the store:

1 pound of white sage for 30 bucks.
1 dharma bell for $25 (just a spiritual bell to drive away evil spirits)
1 set of prayer flags from tibet for 15 bucks
some different candles already infused with various energies
& maybe some other herbs.

Also thinking about getting the alchimers (spelling sucks i know) egg I found online... not sure how much good that'll do me yet though, so this is just a luxery item.

---------

In other news I started reading "Ritual Magic, What it is and how to do it" by Donald Tyson last night. Very good book which will sharpen my knowledge of basic magic. Author has a good grasp on reality which is something hard to find.

The journey continues!
Love,
Y0m
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Oh yea, also have a 4 inch long quarts crystal I carry in my pocket. it makes a perfect wand also.

I've also printed out pictures of dieties I worship... Lord Shiva(representing the supreme lord), Lord Ganesha(god of obsticals), and lord murugan(god of kandulini yoga). I just need to get some picture frames for them to make em more official.

On the issue of self purification, I've been doing great. Been vegitarian for a few weeks now, not smoking, drinking very little, pray & meditate daily, but the celibacy was going well for a while till I slipt the other day. :/ I say that for self humiliation so next time I'll remember :oops: ha anyway....

Love.
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

I find it interesting that you feel you must abstain from sex to purify yourself. Personally, I have always found the act of sex to be a very intimate way to raise powerful energy, which I then can dedicate or use. Of course, this might be because my husband and I are both in the craft, so raising energy is such ways is easy for us.

Just a thought that popped into my head upon reading your last post. Wanted to let you think about it.

Return to “Members' Personal Blogs”