Spider Guard

If you'd like to have your own blog here, start yourself a thread. Use your member name somewhere in the title so people will know who you are. The blogs here should be mostly about your spiritual path and beliefs.
MidnightWolf
Banned Member

Post by MidnightWolf »

Wtf! Why is this in the Black Magick section???
Imalorki
Banned Member

Post by Imalorki »

Think really hard on why...its rather obvious...but I understand your feeling
MidnightWolf
Banned Member

Post by MidnightWolf »

Imalorki wrote:Think really hard on why...its rather obvious...but I understand your feeling
I still can't think of a rational explanation. All I can think is because it is spiders (what is wrong with spiders?)...I really don't know..so tell me :D I can't be bothered to work it out myself...too much thought involved :P

Blessed Be Everyone x
Starwitch Stone

Post by Starwitch Stone »

You guys may have different goals than I have regarding magic and this message board. My goal is to teach people that paganism and witchcraft are valid spiritual paths. I'm not interested in summoning demons or shadows to do work for me or cursing other people. I want the people who come to the forum (or any place that promotes paganism) to get a positive feeling about it. I don't want to play into Christian stereotypes and promote the idea that all witches are into demons and black magick and cursing other people. If people new to paganism thought that was really how things were they would likely be scared away. If someone who is afraid of spiders gets the idea from reading the posts around here that their new pagan "friends" have the ability to send black widow spiders to land on their arm, they are probably not going to be too thrilled about that. It seems like most of you are just fine with that kind of behavior/thinking or else you sincerely believe that it's possible to send spiders to another person and you don't want to piss of your friends by calling them out or disagreeing with them.

If you want to talk about things like shadows, demons, Satan, black widows, sending spiders to friends, etc., you can do that here in this forum. I don't want the entire forum filled up with that kind of dark stuff. It attracts the wrong kind of energy. Most pagans aren't into black magic and I don't want to chase them away by making them think that everyone here is interested in that sort of thing. I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from. Basically, if what you're writing sounds like something out of a horror movie, it belongs here in the Black Magic forum.

Visit Everything Under the Moon for Love Spells, Money Spells, & Wicca Spells.
HonorRose
Banned Member

Post by HonorRose »

No offence, but... Dude. Seriously. I mean, come on.

And I thought Christians were the stereoypers..
Starwitch Stone

I have to ask, do none of you find it offensive at all that a friend of yours would tell you that he sent spiders, even poisonous ones, to your home? You guys act like you're honored that he would do this for you, even those of you who have said that you don't like spiders! How exactly is a spider going to protect you anyway? I guess if you have 15 of them crawling all over your body and face, bad people will sure stay the hell away from you. Am I the only person who thinks this is not a friendly gesture at all (even if I thought it were true, which I don't)? I feel like I'm living in Bizarro World where everyone says the opposite of what they really mean. I guess you guys are just trying to humor him.

(I just read the most recent posts and I see that exactly one person spoke out against having spiders sent to "protect" her.)

And by the way, seeing spiders in the summertime is a pretty common occurrence. I just sent you all some bees to protect you. If you go outside and look at the flowers you'll see them. Tell them hello for me! Oh never mind, I'll tell them myself with my super mind powers. If they land on your nose, you'll know that they are just trying to be friendly. :roll:
HonorRose
Banned Member

Post by HonorRose »

Yeah, actually, I did feel honored. I have a friend who cares about me enough to want to protect me. He is sending that protection through a symbol that is sacred and divine to him. Of course a spider isn't going to physically protect me. Honestly, any magician should know that there are about one thousand different forms of protection to be had and given, and even just caring and thinking about someone is one of them.

I don't think you have a clue what Spider is to Mick. As I told himn a while ago, I had an exsperience over a year ago that was different, (came in a dream) but that evoked the same feeling of divine interconnection that Spider does for him. If he wants to try to protect me with what brings up that feeling then yeah, I'm pretty flipping honored.

*edit: Seeing spiders is common. But to wake with them crawling in your bed for three nights running is pretty odd to me.
infinight888

Post by infinight888 »

wrote: (I just read the most recent posts and I see that exactly one person spoke out against having spiders sent to "protect" her.)
IM A BOY, do you think a girl would pick that cool of an avatar (no offence)
HonorRose
Banned Member

Post by HonorRose »

And on another note: To be protected by Spider isn't really to have more spiders suddonly apper. It's more that through the connection your friend has to you, you become more aware of their presence and what they mean, and the part they play in the universe and how you can interact. As you become aware of the, they become aware of you in return. That's how magic works.

If you walk past the same person on the way to work every day but never aknowlage them, naturally nothing will come of it. But if you find that they are the friend of a friend, you may start to nod or smile in passing. This may one day lead to a coversation and then a friendship, through which you can learn and enjoy yourself, and be protected when needed.

That's what I feel has been happening with me and Spider. IDK about anyone else.
MidnightWolf
Banned Member

Post by MidnightWolf »

I feel honored too. I think it is a nice, thoughtful gesture. Mick can't help it if some spiders are poisonous...what can he do about that? De-poison them?
Starwitch Stone

Yeah, the problem with forums and usernames is that most people don't choose a name that tells us whether they are male or female. I can't really tell by your avatar since female witches tend to be into dragons a lot (but yes, it's a cool-looking, masculine avatar). But I apologize for referring to you as female.

I figured that the vast majority of members from this thread would rush to AoP's defense. If you like spiders and enjoy having them run across your feet while you're sleeping, that's wonderful. But I do think it would be good of AoP to at least ASK his friends before sending spiders to them. It's not exactly like saying, "I'm sending positive energy." Positive energy isn't creepy, crawly, and potentially poisonous. Don't get me wrong. I love spiders. I keep a tarantula in an aquarium in my kitchen. Her name is Lilith. But I'm also well aware that most people are afraid of my sweet Lilith. When I offer to let her crawl on them, they almost always politely decline. But I guess if I told them that she was a "protection spider" they would probably gladly let Lilith crawl up their arm, across their neck, up their face, and come to rest partially inside of their ear.

HonorRose, you're a good friend to AoP. You two must have quite a bond.

Alicat
Banned Member

Post by Alicat »

infinight888

Post by infinight888 »

I have to agree with about it scaring away new members And about it being extremely weird, I don't get why a healing spell ended up in here though. Also, I doubt that locations like under your bed or behind you with an axe helps the reputation of magick very much either
HonorRose
Banned Member

Post by HonorRose »

infinight888 wrote:Also, I doubt that locations like under your bed or behind you with an axe helps the reputation of magick very much either
Um, it's called humor. Seriously, I don't think anyone's gonna miss that as being the joke that it is.

Also, I'm sorry but I think it's just slightly insane to censor the talk of animals that just happen to creep some peope out. I mean, seeing as they live in the world that we all live in as well, it's pretty hard to avoid the fact that they exist. If you don't want to read about spiders or snakes, fine!! No one's making you! But it's only making the rediculous stereotyping about these animals and witchcraft worse to put them under a section labeled 'Black Magic!'
infinight888

Post by infinight888 »

I know it was just a joke but it still makes you seem evil, I'm sure no one would think that you are behind them with an axe... anyway I think that this doesn't belong in black magick, except for the fact that they could kill people who want to harm you... that seems a little bit like dark magick

I'm actually wondering how they help protect you though, i just picture spiders crawling all over someone who is chasing you... in the end all the poor spiders would die though and he would still be comeing after you. They couldn't keep you from a car crash... unless millions were on your car, they seem really useless for protection.

Return to “Members' Personal Blogs”