Astral Travel

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
GloryFades

Astral Travel

Post by GloryFades »

Anyone got any tips on how I can do it? Or at least how to work up to it until I can manage it. I did kinda get somewhere a little while ago but I haven't been able to concentrate hard enough since. Ta. :)
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

Astral travel for some is very difficult so if you cant do it your not broken or anything.. I sujest going to www.google.com and doing a search for it. I would find info on it for you but I have a lot to do lol.
**Nothing is set in stone**
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

There are lots of books available on the subject. Try a Google search like she said, or try Amazon.com. Some of my favorites are the Robert Monroe trilogy of books. http://www.monroeinstitute.org/. Their institute also offers retreats where you will have OBEs - it's very complex. Buy the books from Amazon, it's much cheaper than on the web site. Far Journey's, Journey's Out of the Body, and Ultimate Journey. I have read them all and they're fascinating, plus you'll get great tips on how to do it also. There are more instructional books available as well, like one I have called, "Out of Body Experiences". Check out these Google results too:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... ut+of+body

Post by Guest »

Sorry to bring this post back to life, but I have a website link that may help you out. I have been taking courses on Astral Travel through MysticWeb.org. They have free online courses that last 8 or 9 weeks, which are meant to be accomplished in steps. They have instructors that will help you out, along with a message board and chatroom. The next course starts on 10/29/2004, so if this interests you, you need to register for it before it starts. As I mentioned, the entire course is free and you can move at your own pace. :D
Marie*

Post by Marie* »

That's great Dragon. Thanks for the site I am sure a lot of people will like to do that. i would!!

Marie
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

That's a cool site Dragon. I added a link to them on my links page.

Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Thanks Dragon! Just signed up for the "Searching Within" course-- I'll let you know how it goes! :28:

Post by Guest »

Your all welcome, glad the link is useful. I have taken every course that they offer. It's a lot of reading, but well worth the knowledge. :D
celticwave

Post by celticwave »

Hi :) Just a bit of warning to be careful, there are too things i'm not allowed to do and thats ouiji boards and astral travel. If you don't know what your doing, and are not really an advanced magickal person, than it can be extremely dangerous, like you may not be able to ground properly, you may get stuck outside your body, while your gone, your body's left open for spirits, and things like that can lead to serious problems such as schizophrenia. So just BECAREFUL or more preferably work on meditation skills first before you get into the heavy stuff.
*~Life may not be the party we'd hoped for, but while we're here we might aswell dance~*

Post by Guest »

One of the many things that I have learned in my Astral studies, is that your spirit unconsciously travels the Astral Plane while your asleep. So no matter if your against Astral Travel or not, you still experience it every night when you fall asleep.

The courses in Astral Travel teach you how to be consciously awake when you experience your travels. This allows you to experience the Astral Planes in full detail without the cloud that covers our eyes when we are dreaming.

---

Is it dangerous?

No, we experience Astral Travel every night when we fall asleep.

Can we get stuck in the Astral Plane?

No, unless it's your time to die. We our bounded to our bodies by what's called a "Silver Cord". This cord keeps our Astral body and Physical body connected. When ever we are traveling, our cord prevents us from getting stuck in the Astral world. It's actually hard to stay in the Astral world, the least bit of emotion will send you flying back to your body in a matter of seconds.

Can you meet entities in the Astral Plane?

Yes, there are several different beings in the Astral Plane that will try to prevent you from experiencing the plane. These entities will frighten you, and you will be zapped back into your physical body. There are several things you can do to protect yourself such as special conjurations and casting protection circles. But, if you go into the Astral world with a deep spiritual reasoning, you will not come across these beings.

Can our bodies be possessed while we are experiencing Astral Travel?

No. The only way you can be possessed is if you invite or channel an entity to enter into your body. Other spirits cannot enter your body from their own freewill. They have to have an invitation from you in order to do so, which is not recommended at all. If they do try to enter your body, your oversoul will reject them and send them packing.

---

I hope that helps answer a few questions. I have been participating in Astral Travel all of my life just like everyone else in this world. I only became aware of Conscious Projection last year through my studies of the topic, and I have been practising diligently for the past 10 months. I am no expert in Astral Travel, but I do have a lot of knowledge that was gained through countless hours of participating in Astral Travel.

I would highly recommend taking the course that I mentioned above. The course will teach you a lot about Astral Travel and get you ready for traveling. It concentrates on meditation, relaxation, dreams, mantras, how to deal with entities and much more. The course along with the on-site instructors will help you with any question that you may have. This course is based on the book called "A Course in Astral Travel and Dreams" by Belzebuub. You can purchase this book from Amazon if you don't want to wait for the next course to start.

Another book that I would suggest reading is called "Out of Body Experiences" by Robert Peterson. In this book, Robert shares his experiences in Astral Travel. It is quite a good read and you can learn a lot from his experiences. You can also purchase this book from Amazon, or you can read it online by going to Robert's site, which is http://www.robertpeterson.org/

I hope this post didn't step on anyone's feet, just wanted to show that there are two sides to every story. ;)
nate

Post by nate »

The best book I found is called "astral dynamics," br Robert Bruce. you can check out the authors webpage here:

http://www.astraldynamics.com/

Others have read his books and liked them, too. The book is big and it has tons of information -- it also goes way beyond the basics of Astral Travel.

There are many methods to "astral," and different people will find different ways that work best for them (the book lists several of the methods as well as how to do it in detail).

--nate
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

Not to sound like a complete retard. but what all have you experienced while doing astral travel. I've only tried it twice. The first time I saw weird shit and so I didn't do it again for a while. Just wondering what the purpose in doing it is. Just to experience it or....?
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer

Post by Guest »

Not sure if I have actually experienced it or if it was just a dream, anyhow, I couldnt really "fly", just huge jumps I guess you could say, I would be in one place, jump and go over a tree/house whatever, and be in a totally different place, never actually got to where I wanted to go, had this happen a few times, got scared so bad once, I couldnt move for 10 minutes after I woke up, and it has never happened again. Does anyone know if "jumping" counts, or were they just weird dreams.
dragonprincess99

Just wondering

Post by dragonprincess99 »

Thought I was dreaming but don't know if it falls into this too . I'm not sure if it was a dream or astral projection . I was asleep ..... ummmm I think I was asleep . But , my whole body was like it was vibrating and turned numb , felt like i was floating all over but couldn't control it much . When I thought I woke up I sat up , but my body was laying there asleep . Then all of a sudden my body jerked really hard and it woke me up for real . It happened about 3 times last night . It was so strange .
Donna

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”