A Native American perspective: Warriors of The Rainbow

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
[cherokeewind]

A Native American perspective: Warriors of The Rainbow

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Hi. I made this a sticky because it presents a different cultural perspective of the phenomena of the "New Age" concept of Indigo children. Like most things termed "New Age," Indigo children are not a "new" concept at all. As I find related information that presents other cultural perspectives, I will add them to this site, as well. As a species, we all have more in common than different. Thanks.
Kassandra

From the site of "MANATAKA AMERICAN INDIAN COUNCIL" this is the Rainbow Circle Of Light page link.

http://www.manataka.org/page235.html#INTRODUCTION

AMERICAN INDIAN ANCIENT PROPHESY
"A day will come when the animals, winged ones and those who swim will begin to disappear. The eagle, bear, wolf and buffalo will be scarce because people will become greedy and will not love each other. The sky will become black and the trees and plants will die. The beautiful rainbow will disappear because people will not remember to keep the Mother Earth sacred and will destroy its beauty.

Children of the Rainbow Warriors will come before all destroyed and they will love the trees and the animals. They will love and respect each other and they will help people to live in peace with all creation. The rainbow in the sky will return as a sign of the Creator's grace."

There are different versions of the prophesies amoung the tribes. Here is the Cree.

CREE PROPHECY

Warriors of the Rainbow

Last century an old wise woman of the Cree Indian nation, named "Eyes of Fire", had a vision of the future. She prophesied that one day, because of the white mans' or Yo-ne-gis' greed, there would come a time, when the earth being ravaged and polluted, the forests being destroyed, the birds would fall from the air, the waters would be blackened, the fish being poisoned in the streams, and the trees would no longer be, mankind as we would know it would all but cease to exist. There would come a time when the "keepers of the legend, stories, culture rituals, and myths, and all the Ancient Tribal Customs" would be needed to restore us to health, making the earth green again. They would be mankind's key to survival, they were the "Warriors of the Rainbow". There would come a day of awakening when all the peoples of all the tribes would form a New World of Justice, Peace, Freedom and recognition of the Great Spirit.

The "Warriors of the Rainbow" would spread these messages and teach all peoples of the Earth or "Elohi". They would teach them how to live the "Way of the Great Spirit". They would tell them of how the world today has turned away from the Great Spirit and that is why our Earth is "Sick".

The "Warriors of the Rainbow" would show the peoples that this "Ancient Being" (the Great Spirit), is full of love and understanding, and teach them how to make the "Earth or Elohi" beautiful again. These Warriors would give the people principles or rules to follow to make their path light with the world. These principles would be those of the Ancient Tribes. The Warriors of the Rainbow would teach the people of the ancient practices of Unity, Love and Understanding. They would teach of Harmony among people in all four corners of the Earth.

Like the Ancient Tribes, they would teach the peoples how to pray to the Great Spirit with love that flows like the beautiful mountain stream, and flows along the path to the ocean of life. Once again, they would be able to feel joy in solitude and in councils. They would be free of petty jealousies and love all mankind as their brothers, regardless of color, race or religion. They would feel happiness enter their hearts, and become as one with the entire human race. Their hearts would be pure and radiate warmth, understanding and respect for all mankind, Nature and the Great Spirit.

They would once again fill their minds, hearts, souls, and deeds with the purest of thoughts. They would seek the beauty of the Master of Life - the Great Spirit! They would find strength and beauty in prayer and the solitude of life.

Their children would once again be able to run free and enjoy the treasures of Nature and Mother Earth. Free from the fears of toxins and destruction, wrought by the Yo-ne-gi and his practices of greed. The rivers would again run clear, the forests be abundant and beautiful, the animals and birds would be replenished. The powers of the plants and animals would again be respected and conservation of all that is beautiful would become a way of life.

The poor, sick and needy would be cared for by their brothers and sisters of the Earth. These practices would again become a part of their daily lives.

The leaders of the people would be chosen in the old way - not by their political party, or who could speak the loudest, boast the most, or by name calling or mud slinging, but by those whose actions spoke the loudest. Those who demonstrated their love, wisdom and courage and those who showed that they could and did work for the good of all, would be chosen as the leaders or Chiefs. They would be chosen by their "quality" and not the amount of money they had obtained. Like the thoughtful and devoted "Ancient Chiefs", they would understand the people with love, and see that their young were educated with the love and wisdom of their surroundings. They would show them that miracles can be accomplished to heal this world of its ills, and restore it to health and beauty.

The tasks of these "Warriors of the Rainbow" are many and great. There will be terrifying mountains of ignorance to conquer and they shall find prejudice and hatred. They must be dedicated, unwavering in their strength, and strong of heart. They will find willing hearts and minds that will follow them on this road of returning "Mother Earth" to beauty and plenty - once more.

The day will come, it is not far away.

The day that we shall see how we owe our very existence to the people of all tribes that have maintained their culture and heritage. Those that have kept the rituals, stories, legends and myths alive. It will be with this knowledge, the knowledge that they have preserved, that we shall once again return to "harmony" with Nature, Mother Earth and mankind. It will be with this knowledge that we shall find our "Key to our Survival".

It is rather long, but gets the point across. :D
Cherokeewind
LUNAAMOR

Post by LUNAAMOR »

do you know what are indigo children i read somewhere that is kids born in the 80 but im not sure and maybe you can help me pleaseeeee
Risingpanther

Post by Risingpanther »

Lunaamor:

Indigo children refers to a New Age belief that some children, especially those born after the late 1970s, represent a higher state of human evolution. The term itself is a reference to the belief that such children have an indigo colored aura. Beliefs concerning the exact nature of Indigo children vary, with some believing that they have paranormal abilities such as the ability to read minds, and others that they are distinguished from non-Indigo children merely by more conventional traits such as increased empathy and creativity.

Wikipedia, but I checked the sources and they are indeed credible. ^^
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

I'm not really up on the meaning, that sounds like a good explanation though since Indigo could be thought of as a color for the 3rd eye or chakra on the forehead.

Star People...from MANATAKA AMERICAN INDIAN COUNCIL site, "The STORY OF MANATAKA-THE PLACE OF PEACE" The Sacred Mountain and Valley of the Vapors

Here is the page link.
http://www.manataka.org/page2.html

"It is said by the grandfathers that seven holy caves were on the sacred mountain. The center cave is made of magnificent shining crystal encoded with messages of the star people. Inside the crystal cave are seven crystal cones set on a crystal altar and each contain secret messages and seven shields.

Ancient tribes came to Manataka on pilgrimages to place ceremonial items in five of the caves. The people of the south laid gifts in the southern-most cave and people of the north laid their gifts in the northern-most cave. Two other caves were used by the people from the west and east for offering ceremonies. The cave located to the left of the crystal cave was used by the 'Keepers of Manataka', the Tula Indians of Tanico, who lived in surrounding areas and for other tribes living nearby such as the Caddo, Quapaw, Osage, Tunica, and Pawnee. To the right of the center crystal cave was a ceremonial cave reserved for gifts of the other people of this land - the animals, birds, fish, insects, plants, stones and the elements. No one ever approached the most sacred crystal cave, as it was said to have been the work place of the star people (angels?) and resting place of many spirits."

Clear Quartz crystals are associated with the 7 prismatic colors and the rainbow.
Cherokeewind
pegasusflyinghigh

You are Right

Post by pegasusflyinghigh »

You are right Cherokeewind. We are destroying the Earth and she is having trouble healing what we have done.

People who follow the greed and forget to heed the warnings of Mother Earth and her warriors will probably not be the ones who suffer the worst. Look at what we saw as a child, and look at what we see now. Our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren need to be taught how to help the earth heal. They are the ones who will suffer, and we can start teaching them by doing.

Blessings Cherokeewind, may we meet on the highwinds of the beautiful mountains as eagle spirits and enjoy the view of the earth being healed one day.

pegasusflyinghigh
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

Damn white people always gotta mess everything up (says the Odinist). lol.

That really is an interesting tale. And I agree, the time will come where people will step up and have to show others how to be good to eachother and the earth once more.
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Yes, I might add...crystals sure will be important in this healing process. Check out my "Rainbow Warrior" version of meditation I've added to the chakra energy work thread.

Rainbow Warrior Meditation
Cherokeewind
redrockwolf

Indigo Children

Post by redrockwolf »

Everything that I've read and studied about Indigoes says that they've been born, all throughout history. There were just so few. Indigoes were rare. But, in some families, like mine, they're born in each generation. My family called our "Gifts", "Second Sight". We were different from those around us, because we could see, hear, and feel what others could not. One was born in every generation. In my generation, there were two: me and my baby brother. According to what I read and learned, more were born in the late 70s and early 80s. During the latter part of the 90s, 85 % of children born were Indigoes. By 2002, 90 % born were Indigoes. Beginning in 2006, supposedly 100 % of all children born were Indigoes. This sudden rapid increase points to something BIG that's coming. Many call it "The Awakening". Awakening to the truth of Mother Earth. The Indigoes are the ones who will lead. Not from my generation, but those from my daughter's generation. Those born since the late 90s.

Indigoes are more hyper than most, because they have so much energy inside them. As children, they don't know how to direct it. Doctors medicate them and call it ADHD. Indigoes can sometimes see spirits and angels or "feel" things others can't. Doctors call it "delusional", and put them on medication. Indigoes are lonely and spend much time alone, because they are more intelligent than their peers and know they are somehow "different". They're called "freaks", "wierd", "strange". They are set apart, unless they can find others like them.

I used to think I was cursed. Now, I know that being an Indigo is a gift in itself. Indigoes have a natural affinity for animals and all things natural. I can feel the spirit of a tree. I can sense what an animal is feeling, when it's hurting, when it's lonely. I can feel power in the wind. I think Indigoes are the same thing as Rainbow Warriors. They certainly sound the same.
L7love

Indigo

Post by L7love »

I wanted to know how do you know if someone is Indigo? I have always been on a different path than everyone I know. I was born July 25, 1984 not sure of the time but it seems like birth has an important part to play in this. I have never been much of a follower I always choose my own path and I do very much have the passion to make change but in my own way. My current passion for change is to start a small town which not only takes care of the earth but the people no matter who they are or what they are all I ask is that respect is high on the list. I guess I should really be asking is it possible I could be Indigo? When I read you story it really meant a lot to me. I am sure there is a lot more to it but I have done a little bit of research about it and it seems to fit me well as far as what some have said is major signs of this. It would sure explain a lot lol. Anyway if you know more I would love to hear about it. Thank you.
nick11189

very odd...

Post by nick11189 »

My life sounds alot like those of the Indigo Children, I was born on Dec 31 1991, and i have always been a loner. The doctors tell me i have ADD, and i always have felt that i was different than other people. I have always felt that I was destined for something; is that wrong to think? And even in my own family I feel left out and alone, and I have always been driven to be the best I can be.

What does that make me?
RestoringtheGoddess

Post by RestoringtheGoddess »

wow I feel I am an Indigo Child....

I have one of the "symptoms" of it having OCD/ADHD

I have a strong passion for saving the animals and the planet from destruction

It breaks my heart how dolphins are in danger and so many dear animals need love and to be saved!!!

I give to two specific charities to try to do all I can

one is

www.bluevoice.org

they are actively trying to save dolphins and whales right now!!!
they have saved some dolphins but continue the fight
especially in japan where the slaughter of dolphins is sickening!!!!
They are trying to stop this!!
If you feel as passionately as me that Dolphins are such beautiful, loving, peaceful creatures that need our help and to be saved please visit

www.bluevoice.org

the other is

www.wspa-usa.org

(this rescues and saves many animals from so much atrocities from such evil people)

I wish people were loving and caring...
it seems the only people that I've met that are so far along my path
are Pagan People.....
we all once ruled the land... oh Dear Mother Goddess...
You Do need restoring!!!!!!!

So many women are being abused by men in this society.....
I truly wish the Goddess would rise again in Worship and that women would once again be put on the pedestal that they create life from....
and all of society would be at peace loving and nurturing life!!!!!!!!!

My favorite books is Restoring the Goddess by Barbara G Walker, I would recommend this book to everyone!!!!!

I do have friends of other faiths... but I am a vegetarian and it saddens me how they can eat meat and it's fine with them....
for me meat is murder :(

These are all my opinions and I hope I can express them freely here because there is no where else I know of to express these feelings....

Please PM if you share my views and want to chat or email at any time,
I would love to connect with others like me!!!!

and to answer your questions on the Indigos... the earliest ones that I know of came along in the late 1970s....

I read some of your posts.. and yes I too am a loner because it is so hard for me to find anyone like me to connect with.....
that's why I am saying please pm me so we can chat if you feel you are like me......
(even if you are not a vegetarian... I totally understand as I have some friends that aren't.... but actually they are more like acquaintances because honestly I have as of yet to ever really connect or be friends with anyone along this path... I'm mostly a loner!!!!!!!!

I want to learn all I can about Native American culture and religion.... I feel a deep connection to certain places in the USA that are blessed by the Native Americans that still live there!!!!!!!
In fact when I visit these places it is the only time I feel free and happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What could this mean????????????????
Please if anyone wants to teach me anything please pm me here or message me on yahoo messenger at

restoringthegoddess

thanks!!!!!!!!
wolfscream95

Re: A Native American perspective: Warriors of The Rainbow

Post by wolfscream95 »

...I have read about Crystal children and Indigo children before; in fact, I even wondered if I was an indigo child once. Words have always affected me more than anything else, and reading these prophecies I literally felt as though the world around my head had cracked open. I have tears running down my face as I write this, but if you ask why I could not say. I do not connect well with any of my peers. There are thousands of thing about my friends and family that I despise. Drving through the english countryside when I went to southhampton for my cousins wedding, I was shaking with rage at what we had done to the land. When I write stories, words often flow as if from somewhere outside myself, and the tales I produce are all associated with a world at war which eventually falls into a perfect harmony with both humanity and nature.
Are these just ideals, or is there a chance that I could be one of them? I have never felt so... so... I don't know how I feel, to be honest.
And I know that there are a lot of people who might lie and pretend to be what they are not; please, I promise you with all my heart that I am not one of them. I suddenly feel both lost and found at the same time... I can't explain it.
-Gizzy.
astralsolitaire

Re: A Native American perspective: Warriors of The Rainbow

Post by astralsolitaire »

I am definitely an indigo, as is my child's father. My daughter was born in 2008 and is wise for her age as I was. Definitely something to read up on.

@Indigo we are born two days apart :-)

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”